Not open for further replies.

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

Former Member
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Police searching for missing Watson girl

[snip]

The sheriff's department reports Willow Long, 7, of Watson was reported missing by her parents at about 10:15 a.m. They believed she disappeared between 9 and 10:15 a.m., probably walking away from the family home.

http://effinghamdailynews.com/local...-for-missing-Watson-girl#sthash.JGJxo5L8.dpuf

UPDATE: Authorities Searching for Missing Watson Girl

A 7-year old girl is missing from Watson, and authorities are asking for help in locating her.

[snip]

Watson's Fire Department has been set up as a staging area for search teams as authorities comb the area for the girl. We spoke with Watson Fire Chief Matt Kulesza Sunday afternoon, who told us that at this time, search volunteers are not being sought, but those that show up to help will not be turned away. Kulesza said search dogs are on the way to help, and an Illinois State Police search plane is on standby.

[snip]

When Willow left home this morning, her mother says she didn't take her glasses.

http://www.thexradio.com/news/78-local-news/7442-authorities-searching-for-missing-watson-girl

CASE MAP - https://mapsengine.google.com/map/edit?mid=zSOXr2WUMk3o.keHGwumstTfY

AmandaReckonwith's case compilation

Willow%20Long-600.jpg
Willow%20Long%202.JPG

Press Conference Regarding the Murder of Willow Long - YouTube

uncle charged with first degree murder

Authorities have made an arrest in the murder of a 7-year-old girl who had gone missing from her home in Effingham County, Ill. over the weekend.
The body of Willow Long was found by four search volunteers in an area south of Watson around 7:30 p.m.
Justin DeRyke, 22, was arrested at 5:55 Tuesday morning and charged with first-degree murder. No other arrests have been made.
http://www.kmov.com/news/local/Body...uld-be-missing-7-year-old-girl-223108311.html

So sad we're on thread 4 already. Though, it means a whole lot of strangers care about what happened to Willow and want to see justice in her name.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

I just don't understand why there is so much bickering on the memorial pages. And Willow's dad posts on at least one of them, I wish he didn't have to see all of that.

A little OT: Today (9/11) is the 18th anniversary of a kid I knew who was kidnapped and murdered. It really never goes away. Even though I was 8 at the time he is the reason I stick with these cases, hoping for justice for each and every kid who has been hurt. RIP Jimmy and please guide Willow and keep her company.

This has been a fast moving case leaving many of us shaken to the core, and I get the feeling there might be more that may come out soon. What happened to her is so ugly evil. The opposite is seeing the beauty Willow brought out in all the good people who went out of their way to honor her by coming together for Willow.

Community-grieving-death-of-Willow-Long
http://effinghamdailynews.com/local/x31544171/UPDATE-Community-grieving-death-of-Willow-Long

Article and VIDEO: DeRyke Charged w/3 Counts of Murder
http://www.thexradio.com/news/78-local-news/7507-video-deryke-charged-w-3-counts-of-murder

It's absolutely disgraceful how they are carrying on over on the FB pages, mob mentality. Would probably been a good case study for someone studying Psychology or the like.

I really feel for the Mother, to have to deal with the brutal death of her daughter by a Family member coupled with the wrath of the public whilst trying to grieve as well must just be completely overwhelming (massive understatement).

I really believe that yes initially she did lie to the Police about seeing the kids that morning as she didn't want to be seen as an unfit Mother.

I think that when she woke up to find Willow gone she would have spoken to the brother to see if he knew where she was and then he has most likely told her that he gave them breakfast and put a dvd on at such and such a time so she has adopted that story.

I think when she spoke to the Police initially she clearly thought that Willow would be found wandering somewhere.

I also think that it's probable that when she did realise it may not be the case of Willow wandering off she probably admitted to the Police fairly early on that she had in fact not seen the kids in the morning at which point I would imagine that she may have been told to keep that to herself.

I don't think that it was a case of her maintaining that she saw those kids in the morning throughout this whole ordeal.

Anyway that's just my 2 cents worth and obviously my opinion only!!

My heart is just really breaking for her.

It's absolutely disgraceful how they are carrying on over on the FB pages, mob mentality. Would probably been a good case study for someone studying Psychology or the like.

I really feel for the Mother, to have to deal with the brutal death of her daughter by a Family member coupled with the wrath of the public whilst trying to grieve as well must just be completely overwhelming (massive understatement).

I really believe that yes initially she did lie to the Police about seeing the kids that morning as she didn't want to be seen as an unfit Mother.

I think that when she woke up to find Willow gone she would have spoken to the brother to see if he knew where she was and then he has most likely told her that he gave them breakfast and put a dvd on at such and such a time so she has adopted that story.

I think when she spoke to the Police initially she clearly thought that Willow would be found wandering somewhere.

I also think that it's probable that when she did realise it may not be the case of Willow wandering off she probably admitted to the Police fairly early on that she had in fact not seen the kids in the morning at which point I would imagine that she may have been told to keep that to herself.

I don't think that it was a case of her maintaining that she saw those kids in the morning throughout this whole ordeal.

At this point I agree with you about the mother and her decision to lie about breakfast. I certainly do not believe for a second that she tried to cover up her brothers actions in any way. She has been betrayed in the worst possible way and I can't see her covering that up for anyone.

Wow! I sure missed a lot today you are all 2 whole threads ahead. I know JD has been charged with 3 counts of 1st degree murder and I have watched the press conference. Can someone please save me from hours of reading by letting me know if there are any other new developments? TIA

ETA deleted the quote, don't know why/how that showed up :( I guess I'm still learning how to post in these forums :)

Hi everyone. This case has awakened all types of feelings in me. More purple everything in honor of a beautiful child taken way too soon, way too violently, by a monster. I understand mom lying initially about where she was, and when she last saw Willow, and agree it was probably so she wouldn't look unfit. We have all seen "white lies" from parents before for this very reason, especially young mothers.

The other parts of her story really bother me. The whole "we got in an argument" and implying Willow left angry and had ran away. If Willow were older, or if this police department were not so AWESOME (Kudos to LE in this case!), listing her as a runaway, could have really hindered her being found, ever. So why was mom's "white lie" embellished upon the make it look like Willow ran away? Unless she just took his story of an argument and made it her own and ran with it? If that were the case and she came clean with LE quickly when they realized Willow was not just wandering around, LE could be more lenient about her white lies. I've seen it happen.

I have no doubt additional charges will be filed against this monster. I have no doubt he sexually assaulted her. There was nothing accidental about this. All of his ramblings of sticks, cat litter, and bathroom stories are just an ineffectual way to try and cover for what he did to this lovely child. This is only my speculation, I have no links or MSN articles to back it up.

The other parts of her story really bother me. The whole "we got in an argument" and implying Willow left angry and had ran away. If Willow were older, or if this police department were not so AWESOME (Kudos to LE in this case!), listing her as a runaway, could have really hindered her being found, ever. So why was mom's "white lie" embellished upon the make it look like Willow ran away? Unless she just took his story of an argument and made it her own and ran with it? If that were the case and she came clean with LE quickly when they realized Willow was not just wandering around, LE could be more lenient about her white lies. I've seen it happen.

Hi,
I keep hearing about the 'argument' With mom/storming out of the house thing but have never seen where the source is. Do you or anyone else have a link for that? Not being snarky at all :) I've looked and looked for an article and never found one that's all

TIA

I really don't think the Police would urge the Mom to not tell the truth or keep it quiet about when she last saw her daughter. The Police are required to state the facts to the public when asking for their help in finding someone. Aren't they? Say I'm a neighbor and you want to know if I saw someone carrying your child out of the house on Saturday night versus Sunday morning. It matters.

I hope the Mom makes some kind of public statement now to explain away this confusion that has caused doubt cast in her direction. As it stands, we have a need to understand why the truth wasn't told at a crucial time.

Jumping off here. The more I read cases on WS, the more I see how quickly suspicion turns to the parents. I understand that people try and find meaning so they can feel reassured that it wouldn't happen to them. But this seems to lead to tiny details being scrutinised and distorted into wild gossip. A trip to the shops somehow means that a parent doesn't care. That time the child went to school with dirty clothes must mean they were neglected. Heaven forbid a mother cracks a smile while she's grieving. And so and so forth. I think it's a form of confirmation bias. People will be people and I guess it serves as a psychological defence which is not always a bad thing. So I'm learning to take it all with a huge bowl of salt.

http://thelostnmissing.blogspot.com/2013/09/missing-willow-long-7-watson-illinois.html

snipped: The Effingham County Sheriff's Department say they're searching for 7-year old Willow Long of Watson. Police tell us the girl walked away from her home on Circle Drive in Watson Sunday morning after an argument with her mother, and has not been seen since

I didn't mean to imply LE would urge the mom or anyone not to tell the truth, especially about when she last saw her missing daughter. All I meant to imply is that I've seen a mom lie about things in the initial interview when a child is missing, to cover up nefarious activities. But when it became obvious this child was not just missing temporarily, the parent immediately came clean and LE understood. No charges were ever filed.

edited to add

I really don't think the Police would urge the Mom to not tell the truth or keep it quiet about when she last saw her daughter. The Police are required to state the facts to the public when asking for their help in finding someone. Aren't they? Say I'm a neighbor and you want to know if I saw someone carrying your child out of the house on Saturday night versus Sunday morning. It matters.

I hope the Mom makes some kind of public statement now to explain away this confusion that has caused doubt cast in her direction. As it stands, we have a need to understand why the truth wasn't told at a crucial time.

In my experience, the police are not required to state the facts to the public. And in fact, may even lie to the public, if information could impede an investigation.

http://thelostnmissing.blogspot.com/2013/09/missing-willow-long-7-watson-illinois.html

snipped: The Effingham County Sheriff's Department say they're searching for 7-year old Willow Long of Watson. Police tell us the girl walked away from her home on Circle Drive in Watson Sunday morning after an argument with her mother, and has not been seen since

I didn't mean to imply LE would urge the mom or anyone not to tell the truth, especially about when she last saw her missing daughter. All I meant to imply is that I've seen a mom lie about things in the initial interview when a child is missing, to cover up nefarious activities. But when it became obvious this child was not just missing temporarily, the parent immediately came clean and LE understood. No charges were ever filed.

edited to add

I know what you mean but then I have also seen the way the media reports with (sometimes) great embellishment!

Who's to even say that those are her words, I may be wrong so please correct me if that's the case but I haven't seen any of those words come directly from her mouth, I think it's only been reported so if it's come first from the Police and from there to the media well then who knows the full actual story of what she said.

However in saying that I believe there was another quote that came from her boyfriends Mum I think

With the pyjama issue I believe that this is probably what Willow was wearing when she left the night before. She didn't know what her brother had done so she assumed Willow would still be in them.

But who knows......

As far as I know, the mom has not made any public statements. Yep "police tell us" is not a direct quote from mom. Who knows is right!

I know what you mean but then I have also seen the way the media reports with (sometimes) great embellishment!

Who's to even say that those are her words, I may be wrong so please correct me if that's the case but I haven't seen any of those words come directly from her mouth, I think it's only been reported so if it's come first from the Police and from there to the media well then who knows the full actual story of what she said.

However in saying that I believe there was another quote that came from her boyfriends Mum I think

With the pyjama issue I believe that this is probably what Willow was wearing when she left the night before. She didn't know what her brother had done so she assumed Willow would still be in them.

But who knows......

RBBM I'm thinking the same. MSM is not always known for getting their facts straight very often. I'm thinking that it was actually JD who said these things (ie: argued and stormed out, ate breakfast, watching movie etc) and MSM misreported and assumed it was mom that said them. At least I am hoping that's the case. That may also be the reason why LE was stumbling and had deer in the headlights look during the press conference today when asked about the discrepancy in these facts. I guess I will hold judgement until LE makes a statement one way or the other, and in the mean time hope and pray that my scenario is correct :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branditau.wareham72@gmail