Thread: OH - Father-in-law tries to kill son-in-law and fails

OH - Father-in-law tries to kill son-in-law and fails

I couldn't find this posted anywhere yet. I just saw this on GMA, and thought it was pretty interesting.

South Whitehall doc clobbered son-in-law, police say
    http://www.mcall.com/news/breaking/m...,5175779.story

From the link:
    "Georges J. Bensimhon, a 66-year-old anesthesiologist, waited for his son-in-law to leave his Cleveland Heights home early Sept. 4, jumped out from behind some bushes and bashed him in the head with the pry bar, police said."

The son-in-law started overpowering him, and GB yelled out his name and for him to get off of him because he couldn't breathe. Crazy!

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to PandaJ For This Useful Post:

Seth Alan Hoffer, 39, a Cleveland neurosurgeon, fought back, broke Bensimhon's arm during the struggle and held him down until police arrived, according to court documents.
    Hoffer's father told police there were several incidents involving Bensimhon and his son in the past, including threats. According to records filed in Cuyahoga County Court, Hoffer and Bensimhon's daughter, Danielle, are going through a lengthy divorce and custody battle over their daughter, who turns 2 next month.

Above is from your link. Crazy, glad he was able to overpower him and got his licks in. jmo

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to popsicle For This Useful Post:

Cleveland Heights police said Bensimhon had a bag with him containing several syringes, some filled with different types of anesthetics. Police reports did not indicate what he planned to do with them.
    Police found a bag hidden in some bushes in the backyard at Hoffer's home. In the backpack, they found several syringes, some filled with anesthetics, more latex gloves, screwdrivers, keys and other objects.
    So there are 2 bags? This guy is crazy and he his out on bond.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to popsicle For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by popsicle View Post
    Exactly! What exactly was he going to do with those syringes?? Also, I haven't seen anything about the daughter having any involvement, but if not, can you imagine your father doing something like that? eeeks.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to PandaJ For This Useful Post:

Also, here's the video from GMA this morning. This is where I heard that as the son-in-law was overpowering him, GB yelled, "Alan, I can't breathe, get off me!"

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/video/dr-g...acked-20233183

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to PandaJ For This Useful Post:

That video also says he has been released on bail. Not a good idea, imo.
    "Crack up the music and dance!"

ScarlettScarpetta is offline I stand behind SoSueMe &all the A.D.M.I.N. / Mods working for the good of WS.
    This guy was really ready to kill wasn't he??

Oh boy.. Pretty sure this won't go well for him..
    Juror #8: "It's always difficult to keep personal prejudice out of a thing like this. And wherever you run into it, prejudice always obscures the truth. I don't really know what the truth is. I don't suppose anybody will ever really know. Nine of us now seem to feel that the defendant is innocent, but we're just gambling on probabilities - we may be wrong. We may be trying to let a guilty man go free, I don't know. Nobody really can. But we have a reasonable doubt, and that's something that's very valuable in our system. No jury can declare a man guilty unless it's sure." -12 Angry Men 1957

All my posts are my opinion only.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ScarlettScarpetta For This Useful Post:

How Many Bags?

Quote Originally Posted by popsicle View Post
    Two bags, that's what I thought until I reread.

The first half of the article, where bag was first mentioned, was written 'newspaper style' not in chronological order.

About halfway into article, it says "According to Cleveland Heights police:"
    with the next 9 paragraphs chronological, as if reporter summarized the police report. The ninth paragraph refers to bag, then backpack, w. syringes, etc.

One bag/backpack.

MOO.

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to al66pine For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by al66pine View Post
    Two bags, that's what I thought until I reread.

The first half of the article, where bag was first mentioned, was written 'newspaper style' not in chronological order.

About halfway into article, it says "According to Cleveland Heights police:"
    with the next 9 paragraphs chronological, as if reporter summarized the police report. The ninth paragraph refers to bag, then backpack, w. syringes, etc.

One bag/backpack.

MOO.
    Thanks Al66pine!

17. The Following User Says Thank You to popsicle For This Useful Post:

"Alan, I can't breathe! Get off me!"

If this wasn't so serious, it would be hilarious.

19. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to oh_gal For This Useful Post:

S. Whitehall Doctor Charged With Trying to Kill Son-in-law in Ohi

Dr. Georges J. Bensimhon, 66, an anesthesiologist who lives in the 1400 block of Shelburne Court, was indicted on one count of attempted aggravated murder, one count of attempted murder, two counts of kidnapping, and two counts of felonious assault, the prosecutor's office said.

Bensimhon, who was released on $500,000 bond, is scheduled to have a preliminary hearing Thursday in Cleveland Heights Municipal Court. Bensimhon, who was born in Morocco, surrendered his U.S. and Israeli passports, the prosecutor's office said.
    Bensimhon worked at Coordinated Health in South Whitehall and Bethlehem for several years but was terminated Wednesday, a spokesman said.

more at link ............... http://southwhitehall.patch.com/grou...tempted-murder

21. The Following User Says Thank You to fran For This Useful Post: