GUILTY OH - Doctor tries to kill estranged son-in-law, Cleveland Heights, 4 Sept 2013

PandaJ

Reaction score
Website
www.courtjunkie.com
I couldn't find this posted anywhere yet. I just saw this on GMA, and thought it was pretty interesting.

South Whitehall doc clobbered son-in-law, police say
http://www.mcall.com/news/breaking/...ged-withattempted-mu-20130911,0,5175779.story

From the link:
"Georges J. Bensimhon, a 66-year-old anesthesiologist, waited for his son-in-law to leave his Cleveland Heights home early Sept. 4, jumped out from behind some bushes and bashed him in the head with the pry bar, police said."

The son-in-law started overpowering him, and GB yelled out his name and for him to get off of him because he couldn't breathe. Crazy!

Seth Alan Hoffer, 39, a Cleveland neurosurgeon, fought back, broke Bensimhon's arm during the struggle and held him down until police arrived, according to court documents.
Hoffer's father told police there were several incidents involving Bensimhon and his son in the past, including threats. According to records filed in Cuyahoga County Court, Hoffer and Bensimhon's daughter, Danielle, are going through a lengthy divorce and custody battle over their daughter, who turns 2 next month.

Above is from your link. Crazy, glad he was able to overpower him and got his licks in. jmo

Cleveland Heights police said Bensimhon had a bag with him containing several syringes, some filled with different types of anesthetics. Police reports did not indicate what he planned to do with them.
Police found a bag hidden in some bushes in the backyard at Hoffer's home. In the backpack, they found several syringes, some filled with anesthetics, more latex gloves, screwdrivers, keys and other objects.
So there are 2 bags? This guy is crazy and he his out on bond.

Exactly! What exactly was he going to do with those syringes?? Also, I haven't seen anything about the daughter having any involvement, but if not, can you imagine your father doing something like that? eeeks.

That video also says he has been released on bail. Not a good idea, imo.

This guy was really ready to kill wasn't he??

Oh boy.. Pretty sure this won't go well for him..

Two bags, that's what I thought until I reread.

The first half of the article, where bag was first mentioned, was written 'newspaper style' not in chronological order.

About halfway into article, it says "According to Cleveland Heights police:"
with the next 9 paragraphs chronological, as if reporter summarized the police report. The ninth paragraph refers to bag, then backpack, w. syringes, etc.

One bag/backpack.

MOO.:seeya:

Two bags, that's what I thought until I reread.

The first half of the article, where bag was first mentioned, was written 'newspaper style' not in chronological order.

About halfway into article, it says "According to Cleveland Heights police:"
with the next 9 paragraphs chronological, as if reporter summarized the police report. The ninth paragraph refers to bag, then backpack, w. syringes, etc.

One bag/backpack.

MOO.:seeya:

Thanks Al66pine! :seeya:

"Alan, I can't breathe! Get off me!"

If this wasn't so serious, it would be hilarious.

S. Whitehall Doctor Charged With Trying to Kill Son-in-law in Ohi

Dr. Georges J. Bensimhon, 66, an anesthesiologist who lives in the 1400 block of Shelburne Court, was indicted on one count of attempted aggravated murder, one count of attempted murder, two counts of kidnapping, and two counts of felonious assault, the prosecutor's office said.

Bensimhon, who was released on $500,000 bond, is scheduled to have a preliminary hearing Thursday in Cleveland Heights Municipal Court. Bensimhon, who was born in Morocco, surrendered his U.S. and Israeli passports, the prosecutor's office said.
Bensimhon worked at Coordinated Health in South Whitehall and Bethlehem for several years but was terminated Wednesday, a spokesman said.

more at link ............... http://southwhitehall.patch.com/gro...hitehall-doctor-charged-with-attempted-murder

July 2014:

http://thecrimebeat.com/pennsylvania-doctor-sentenced-3-years-prison-attack-son-law/

Dr. Georges Bensimhon, 67, an anesthesiologist from Allentown, will serve three years in prison for a bloody attack on his former son-in-law, Dr. Seth Alan Hoffer...

Bensimhon was originally indicted on charges of attempted aggravated murder, but in April he pleaded guilty to a reduced charge of felonious assault.

In addition to his prison sentence, Bensimhon was ordered to pay $2,510 in restitution to Hoffer. He will also serve three years probation after he is released from prison.

July 2014:

http://thecrimebeat.com/pennsylvania-doctor-sentenced-3-years-prison-attack-son-law/

Dr. Georges Bensimhon, 67, an anesthesiologist from Allentown, will serve three years in prison for a bloody attack on his former son-in-law, Dr. Seth Alan Hoffer...

Bensimhon was originally indicted on charges of attempted aggravated murder, but in April he pleaded guilty to a reduced charge of felonious assault.

In addition to his prison sentence, Bensimhon was ordered to pay $2,510 in restitution to Hoffer. He will also serve three years probation after he is released from prison.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrsrb10
Back