GUILTY TN - Four dead in car along rural road, Renegade Mountain, 12 Sept 2013

Reader

Reaction score
http://www.cnn.com/2013/09/12/us/tennessee-fatal-shootings/index.html?hpt=hp_t2

(CNN) -- A passer-by found four people shot dead Thursday in a car parked alongside a rural Tennessee road, a mystery that has left authorities scrambling to identify the victims and hunt for whomever is responsible.

The vehicle was spotted around 7 a.m. on Renegade Mountain, an area about 65 miles west of Knoxville. The bystander quickly called the Cumberland County Sheriff's Department, Tennessee Bureau of Investigation spokeswoman Kristin Helm said........

More at link.....

Latest update from a local Knoxville media outlet says a suspect is in custody.

A source close to the Cumberland County quadruple homicide said a 26-year-old suspect is in custody at the Cumberland County Sheriff's Office.

Authorities transported the suspect from Rhea County. Officials close to the investigation said they expect to hold a press conference between 9:30 and 10 a.m. CDT (10:30-11 a.m. EST). At that time, they plan to provide information about the suspect in custody as well as the victims found shot to death Thursday morning in a vehicle on Renegade Mountain.

Sources close to Cumberland County quadruple shootings Thursday confirmed that two of the victims were 17 years old and a third victim was 16 years old. The age of the fourth victim is unknown.

http://www.wbir.com/story/news/loca...d-shot-to-death-in-cumberland-county/2804451/

It looks as though Renegade Mountain has a social media page and someone in the comments has released the names of the deceased. Very sad, such young kids.

Someone claiming to be the sister of the person in custody just posted on the Renegade Mountain FB page. If you look, you'll see a first name.

Someone claiming to be the sister of the person in custody just posted on the Renegade Mountain FB page. If you look, you'll see a first name.

I saw that too and she said she had not seen him in weeks.

Actually, the one I saw said she had not heard from him in nearly a week.

The oldest victim was a Mom. How terribly sad.

Maybe the sister didn't have contact because she lived in a different state? I felt so bad for her. You can see she is in shock by the message she left. It's amazing how one act can turn 5 different families upside down in a matter of one day.

Actually, the one I saw said she had not heard from him in nearly a week.

I said weeks to keep it vague.

Usually when there is a mass homicide, the killer usually turns up dead by suicide or police kills them.

I have found a local media page on Facebook. Am I allowed to post it? The comments have some interesting suggestions. One says that the oldest was an Aunt to one of the boys. I can not verify this, this is just what I have read from the news page.

Could this be a drug deal gone bad?
Im so sorry for the deceased's families. :(
So tragic, so young.

'Person of interest' grilled after four found dead in car abandoned near Tennessee resort community

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...ort-community-article-1.1454729#ixzz2enER7PtI

The unidentified person was arrested on an unrelated charge, but was being questioned about the four bodies found in a blue car abandoned in Renegade Mountain Thursday morning, authorities said.

The four dead were identified Friday as 22-year-old Danielle Jacobson, who was in the driver’s seat; Steven Presley, 17; Dominic Davis, 17; and John Lajeunesse, 16.

I have found a local media page on Facebook. Am I allowed to post it? The comments have some interesting suggestions. One says that the oldest was an Aunt to one of the boys. I can not verify this, this is just what I have read from the news page.

Welcome to Websleuths Chicaroo!

Yes you can, since it's media.

1379091450000-jacob-bennett.JPG

Jacob Allen Bennett

From the story link posted above:

http://www.wbir.com/story/news/loca...d-shot-to-death-in-cumberland-county/2804451/

Officials ID suspect in Cumberland Co. quadruple homicide
WBIR Staff, WBIR 12:59 p.m. EDT September 13, 2013

"(WBIR) Officials confirmed Friday that Jacob Allen Bennett, 26, of Carter County is the suspect in custody for the quadruple homicide in Cumberland County."

"Investigators found Bennett in Rhea County Thursday night and arrested him on an unrelated charge for the community's safety. The 26-year-old suspect is in custody at the Cumberland County Sheriff's Office. TBI, Cumberland County Sheriff's Office and the district attorney said their investigation is continuing, and they're still collecting evidence."

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
legalpyro74
Back