1349 users online (263 members and 1086 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

TN - Four dead in car along rural road, Renegade Mountain, 12 Sept 2013

http://www.cnn.com/2013/09/12/us/ten...html?hpt=hp_t2

(CNN) -- A passer-by found four people shot dead Thursday in a car parked alongside a rural Tennessee road, a mystery that has left authorities scrambling to identify the victims and hunt for whomever is responsible.

The vehicle was spotted around 7 a.m. on Renegade Mountain, an area about 65 miles west of Knoxville. The bystander quickly called the Cumberland County Sheriff's Department, Tennessee Bureau of Investigation spokeswoman Kristin Helm said........

More at link.....

"The further we (as the human race) grow away from the natural world, the quieter the natural world becomes and the more pathological we become as a culture."........Bernie Krause

The citizens of the United States of America have a right to applaud themselves for having given to mankind examples of an enlarged and liberal policy—a policy worthy of imitation......which gives to bigotry no sanction, to persecution no assistance.......George Washington

The victims were males and female, all of whom were "relatively young," according to Helm.
    "We are continuing to identify the victims as it is still an active crime scene," the spokeswoman told CNN on Thursday evening. "...We still are trying to identify a suspect."
    Authorities hadn't established a motive either.
    Snipped: http://www.cnn.com/2013/09/12/us/ten...html?hpt=hp_c2

Latest update from a local Knoxville media outlet says a suspect is in custody.

A source close to the Cumberland County quadruple homicide said a 26-year-old suspect is in custody at the Cumberland County Sheriff's Office.

Authorities transported the suspect from Rhea County. Officials close to the investigation said they expect to hold a press conference between 9:30 and 10 a.m. CDT (10:30-11 a.m. EST). At that time, they plan to provide information about the suspect in custody as well as the victims found shot to death Thursday morning in a vehicle on Renegade Mountain.

Sources close to Cumberland County quadruple shootings Thursday confirmed that two of the victims were 17 years old and a third victim was 16 years old. The age of the fourth victim is unknown.
    http://www.wbir.com/story/news/local...ounty/2804451/

Looks like a press conference is scheduled for 1 p.m.

It looks as though Renegade Mountain has a social media page and someone in the comments has released the names of the deceased. Very sad, such young kids.

Someone claiming to be the sister of the person in custody just posted on the Renegade Mountain FB page. If you look, you'll see a first name.

According to a Tennessee Bureau of Investigation release, the driver of the vehicle was Danielle Jacobson, 22. The three teen passengers were Steven Presley, 17, Dominic Davis, 17, and John Lajeunesse, 16. Officials have submitted their bodies for autopsy.

I wonder what the motive would be to kill 4 people.

HMS Hood
    Mighty Hood
    Pennant Number: 51
    Motto: Ventis Secundis ("With Favourable Winds")
    May 15, 1920-May 24, 1941

Quote Originally Posted by CluelessWonder View Post
    Someone claiming to be the sister of the person in custody just posted on the Renegade Mountain FB page. If you look, you'll see a first name.
    I saw that too and she said she had not seen him in weeks.

HMS Hood
    Mighty Hood

Actually, the one I saw said she had not heard from him in nearly a week.

The oldest victim was a Mom. How terribly sad.

Maybe the sister didn't have contact because she lived in a different state? I felt so bad for her. You can see she is in shock by the message she left. It's amazing how one act can turn 5 different families upside down in a matter of one day.

Quote Originally Posted by i.b.nora View Post
    Actually, the one I saw said she had not heard from him in nearly a week.
    I said weeks to keep it vague.

Usually when there is a mass homicide, the killer usually turns up dead by suicide or police kills them.

HMS Hood
    Mighty Hood

I have found a local media page on Facebook. Am I allowed to post it? The comments have some interesting suggestions. One says that the oldest was an Aunt to one of the boys. I can not verify this, this is just what I have read from the news page.

Could this be a drug deal gone bad?
    Im so sorry for the deceased's families.
    So tragic, so young.

'Person of interest' grilled after four found dead in car abandoned near Tennessee resort community

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nati...#ixzz2enER7PtI

The unidentified person was arrested on an unrelated charge, but was being questioned about the four bodies found in a blue car abandoned in Renegade Mountain Thursday morning, authorities said.

The four dead were identified Friday as 22-year-old Danielle Jacobson, who was in the driver’s seat; Steven Presley, 17; Dominic Davis, 17; and John Lajeunesse, 16.
    “Evil begins when you begin to treat people as things.” -- Terry Pratchett

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast