1243 users online (284 members and 959 guests)  

Websleuths News

UK - Roy Tutill, 14, raped & strangled in Surrey, 23 April 1968

A 65-year-old farm labourer was today jailed for life at the Old Bailey for the previously unsolved murder of schoolboy Roy Tutill.

Now police forces around the country are expected to examine hundreds of cases of missing children and unsolved sex attacks on youngsters.

The 14-year-old was abducted, raped and strangled in 1968 as he hitch-hiked home from school so he could save his bus fare towards a new bicycle.

---

Field, a loner with previous convictions for attacking boys, is believed by detectives to have been one of Britain's most dangerous paedophiles.

He was trapped only after a tiny speck of DNA was matched to him when he was stopped by police for drink-driving.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz2em1olpPP

Lots of unsolveds might have hope of justice!

Sad they took 33 years to catch him. I hope that 'tiny speck' of DNA is enough for the court to see this monster put away forever..

Man jailed for schoolboy murder unsolved for 33 years

A 65-year-old farm labourer was today jailed for life at the Old Bailey for the previously unsolved murder of schoolboy Roy Tutill.

The 14-year-old was abducted, raped and strangled in 1968 as he hitch-hiked home from school so he could save his bus fare towards a new bicycle.

Divorced Brian Field, of Rowood Drive, Solihull, West Midlands, pleaded guilty to the 33-year-old murder - thought to be the longest period between a crime being committed and being solved.

Field, a loner with previous convictions for attacking boys, is believed by detectives to have been one of Britain's most dangerous paedophiles.

He was trapped only after a tiny speck of DNA was matched to him when he was stopped by police for drink-driving.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz374TSg2ID

Another cold case win, what brilliant news. I hope this drive to reinvestigate unsolveds meets with equal success.

Rest in peace, "Tutts".

He was questioned over other murders: http://www.theguardian.com/uk/2006/n...ime.rosiecowan

It will be very interesting to see just how many murders this man ends up being linked to..

Just another great example of why predatory, habitual pedophiles should never be let out of prison.