NC NC - Janeth 'Jannie' Porter, aka Janette Locklear, Pembroke, 10 Oct 1979

mysteriew

A diamond in process
Reaction score
Kim Clancy of Bloomfield is on a quest for truth.
She yearns to know more about the death of an older sister, Janeth ("Jannie") Elaine Porter, also known as Janette Locklear, who disappeared Oct. 10, 1979. Jannie's body was found four months later.
The sisters' mother identified the tattered remains of Jannie's clothing and dental records confirmed Jannie's identity. They buried her remains Feb. 2, 1980.
Someone had tied Jannie to a tree near Pembroke, N.C., - home to the University of North Carolina and located about 40 miles southwest of Fayetteville - and shot her nine times.
Jannie's body fell forward and the rope imbedded in her bones. A newspaper article included a photo of officers carrying Jannie's remains in a gunnysack.
For 25 years, Kim has wanted to know who shot her sister and why. "Jannie's death took its toll on me," Kim said.
In addition to missing her sister, Kim found no solace in family members who wouldn't talk about the murder. When Kim persisted in asking questions, she was reprimanded. After she said someone in the family may have done it, one of Kim's relatives said, "God will get you for that."
And, a few years after the funeral, Kim found a threatening note taped to her window. Even so, Kim has persisted in collecting police records and in asking questions during her trips to Pembroke.

http://www.wapelloshopper.com/site/news.cfm?newsid=14280396&BRD=2575&PAG=461&dept_id=513091&rfi=6

It has been 30 years since Jannie was abducted and brutally murdered.

I cannot find a SINGLE thing on this at all. The link above is far dead and gone. Anyone else????
Well, creepy... I could find nothing...

Then I found a Facebook page for a "Janeth Elaine Porter" in Pembroke, NC area?!? Wth? Says she runs an agency for women in life transitions, what they refer to, oddly enough, as "re-entry." Weird.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vjeanine
Back