NV - Obituary of abusive mom, Reno

Norwegian

Reaction score
Just read this on People.com:

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20734428,00.html

"On behalf of her children who she abrasively exposed to her evil and violent life, we celebrate her passing from this earth and hope she lives in the after-life reliving each gesture of violence, cruelty and shame that she delivered on her children," the scathing obituary begins.

The truth will set you free!

I absolutely love that her kids are so strong and that they did this to spread awareness about child abuse!

Sadly, this missive wont give them peace. My opinion, only the grace of God can heal this type of pain. Sending them love, and prayers.

I agree - putting a scathing obituary in the newspaper isn't going to heal the pain. I hope the family can move on, whether that be counseling or family/friends. I am certainly sorry for their history, and hope they can find peace.

I disagree.

They did it to spread awareness. And they were honest about it.

I've often seen wonderful obits written about persons that by no means were good people. It's because of the norm about how it's supposed to be and also the shame people feel.

After all, what was written in the obit was the legacy she left behind.

I thought it was an honest obit, which is how all obits should be written. My mom used to warn us kids to 'live the life and be the person you want your headstone to proclaim' which has forever been embedded in my brain. Maybe this will help open some eyes out there. Jmo

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amberdw2021
Back