829 users online (124 members and 705 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 45 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Australia - Gary Tweddle, 23, Blue Mountains NSW, 16 July 2013 - #3

MISSING - Gary Tweddle - 23 YO - Blue Mountains - NSW - Australia

Missing from: Fairmont Resort - Leura - Blue Mountains - New South Wales - Australia

Last Known Movements

Video Sighting Mon 15th July 2013: Around Midnight: CCTV Footage shows Gary running from the Fairmont Resort Leura.

Last Reported Sighting Tues 16th July 2013: 12.15 AM - Gary was reportedly seen on Watkins Road by a passing motorist who did not stop.

Last Contact Tues 16th July 2013: 12.20 AM - Gary made contact via his phone to his colleagues back at the resort. The phone call was 17 minutes long.
    At 12:37 AM the phone cut out - his battery was depleted or it had lost reception, or had been turned off.

Physical Description:
    Hair: short brown hair
    Eyes: brown eyes
    Complexion: Fair
    Height:165-170cm (64-66 inches) (5'4"-5'6"ft) tall.

Clothing
    Purple and Pink Checkered patterned shirt
    Dark Grey Jeans

GOOGLE MAP-Fairmont Resort Leura - Blue Mountains NSW

Anyone with information on his whereabouts is urged to call Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000.

SOURCES:
    ABC News Report
    Australian Times.co.uk
    Yahoo

Timeline/Media Links/Maps

Thread #1

Thread #2
    Last edited by KateB; 05-10-2015 at 03:02 PM. Reason: repair url tag.

It is VERY important that all WS members read and understand the concepts listed below. Everyone will be expected to follow them while at WS.

Rules Etiquette & Information
    Last edited by KateB; 05-10-2015 at 02:56 PM. Reason: repair url tag.

Police said the body was found by an ambulance rescue helicopter during a training exercise near bushland in Leura about 4pm, police said.

Blue Mountains crime manager Mick Bostock said police rescue officers would not be able to retrieve the body until dawn on Wednesday.

It’s too dangerous, they are going to have to wait to retrieve the body tomorrow,’’ Inspector Bostock said.

http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/gary-twedd...#ixzz2dioXMNef

Australia - Gary Tweddle, 23, Fairmont Resort Leura, Blue Mountains, 16 July 2013 -#3

Please continue here...

Quote Originally Posted by marlywings View Post
    This is for any of our new members who are having issues viewing some of the photos.

Because some photos are posted from a Websleuths photo album, you won't have the required number of posts to view them. You will need to have around 20 or so posts.

A very easy way to quickly acquire the necessary posts is to go to one of our games threads located at the following link. Pick a thread, most are one word for each post...post away until your posts are over 20.

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Please shoot me a PM if you continue to have issues & I'll help you further.
    BBM

Now marly ... you know we're not allowed to talk about PMs on the thread

Things are not what they appear to be. Nor are they otherwise.
    - Surangama Sutra

This is a day of not only the celebration of Gary's life, but also to give thanks for the granted miracle that his family asked for - for him to be able to be found and to come home to them - and he did just that.
    May the healing now begin, so that warm memories of beautiful smiles and good times replace the pain of loss and sadness that his family and friends have faced.
    RIP Gary.
    Many thanks for the heads up re 20 posts, Marlywings. Made it!
    Now I can finally see the gorgeous flowers that FigTree attached to the tree at the site. Absolutely beautiful, FigTree! From all the photos I've seen of Gary, he seems to wear a lot of purple, so the purple ribbons were a very good choice.
    Last edited by Xantara; 09-14-2013 at 09:15 AM.

"Stamper
    If suicide is ruled out, and accidentally plunging off the cliff is ruled out (and I believe it can) that leaves one likely scenario. IMHO"

Just wondering why you think accidentally plunging off the cliff can be ruled out Stamper?

I'm just going to bring over the pics from the last thread which gives a view of the track below Sublime Point Road which travels past Sweet Dreams and onto West Street, Leura.

Pic 1 - The Google Map with the track marked on it.
    Pic 2 - Looking down that main track (which is marked on the Google map pic)
    Pic 3 - From this little side track that goes to the edge of the cliff you can see where the edge of the cliff starts - though its not that clear - but the track is rather wide. There is a lot of leaf debris on the down slope.
    Pic 4 - This is near Sweet Dreams, this is the view - you can see where the cliff drop off is if you look at the shrub line - very close at this point.
    Pic 5 - The back of the closest house - you can see how far away it is.

Attached Images Attached Images

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/n...-1226718556431

The funeral at Northern Suburbs Crematorium, in North Ryde, was delayed when Mr Tweddle's aunt collapsed and had to be taken away in an ambulance. A second mourner fainted outside the chapel.

Excerpt from the Courier Mail article from after the funeral. The service certainly had a deep impact on people... two people fainted

Quote Originally Posted by FigTree View Post
    I'm just going to bring over the pics from the last thread which gives a view of the track below Sublime Point Road which travels past Sweet Dreams and onto West Street, Leura.

Pic 1 - The Google Map with the track marked on it.
    Pic 2 - Looking down that main track (which is marked on the Google map pic)
    Pic 3 - From this little side track that goes to the edge of the cliff you can see where the edge of the cliff starts - though its not that clear - but the track is rather wide. There is a lot of leaf debris on the down slope.
    Pic 4 - This is near Sweet Dreams, this is the view - you can see where the cliff drop off is if you look at the shrub line - very close at this point.
    Pic 5 - The back of the closest house - you can see how far away it is.

Thank you for all your input FigTree. These photos are very telling. Gives me cold shivers looking but they make sense of a lot that hasn't made sense for many people.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/new...-1226718556431
    Last edited by LegallyBrunette; 09-14-2013 at 10:39 AM. Reason: Add photo + link

Someone on another thread has mentioned the following link in relation to a possible drug-related crime. Developments have just happened last week in the linked crime.

http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/jaguar-may...315-2g50x.html

Interesting to me due to the timing of the new developments, and the geographical location (Katoomba) of the possible drug-related crime.

I wonder if Gary's wallet was found/is missing, and if he had cash missing.
    - Surangama Sutra

'You'll Never Walk Alone' - played at Gary's funeral.
    Video of the wonderful Gerry Marsden (Gerry & the Pacemakers), from the Hillsborough disaster 20th anniversary service at Anfield, Liverpool, 15th April 2009.

LFC-TV: Gerry Marsden sings "You'll Never Walk Alone" - Hillsborough 20-yr Memorial Service - YouTube

Hillsborough - 12.9.13 http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england...shire-24064118
    Last edited by KateB; 05-10-2015 at 03:03 PM. Reason: repair url tag.

This is the 3rd thread and I've only just realized that there are threads about Gary... I've got a lot of catching up to do! It's such a sad story.
    L K out L K out, there are catterpillars about!

Look forward to seeing you again when you make it back here Humdinger. We could use some fresh ideas … we’re stumped!

Having said that, from the link I posted above, it seems there is someone who could be involved in the local drug trade who is not afraid of disappearing others – either in their quest for personal gain, or due to disputes, or for some other unknown reason.

Could Gary have encountered such a person, if he was intending to take care of some business on that fateful night?

As we’ve mentioned before, he certainly isn’t the only young person to go missing in that area. And even the emergency services say that it was a fluke that they found Gary when they did.
    - Surangama Sutra

Quote Originally Posted by SouthAussie View Post
    Someone on another thread has mentioned the following link in relation to a possible drug-related crime. Developments have just happened last week in the linked crime.

http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/jaguar-may...315-2g50x.html

Interesting to me due to the timing of the new developments, and the geographical location (Katoomba) of the possible drug-related crime.

I wonder if Gary's wallet was found/is missing, and if he had cash missing.
    Pretty certain there is no correlation between these two cases.That young girl had been living with a pretty rough drug crowd in Katoomba & had inherited a small fortune which would have been very appealing to those desperate for funds to fuel their habit.Her case was recently up before the court in Sydney as new evidence came to light - someone always knows something as they say!!

Page 1 of 45 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast