714 users online (82 members and 632 guests)  


Websleuths News


Page 1 of 65 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 974
  1. #1
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    7,929

    CA - Bryce Laspisa, 19, Castaic, 30 Aug 2013 - #3

    Missing Teen's Car Is Found Overturned In Castaic

    http://hometownstation.com/santa-cla...-castaic-37484

    https://www.facebook.com/FINDBRYCELASPISA?ref=stream



    Verified Insider: Dragracerz


    Thread #1

    Thread #2
    Last edited by KateB; 04-30-2015 at 10:52 PM. Reason: repair url tag.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    4,724
    Last edited by CatFancier; 09-14-2013 at 09:43 PM.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    7,929
    Please continue here and remember the rules. You can find them right here: The Rules - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community AND don't overlook these!!!!

    Victim Friendly

    Websleuths is a victim friendly forum. Attacking or bashing a victim is not allowed. Discussing victim behavior, good or bad is fine, but do so in a civl and constructive way and ONLY IF IT IS RELEVANT TO THE CASE. Additionally, sleuthing family members that are not suspect is not allowed. Don't make random accusations or post personal information (even if it is public) like parking tickets, address, or first and last names of all their relatives and their neighbors. Also, never "bash" or attack them, or accuse them of involvement. However that does not mean that family members cannot come into discussion as the facts and issues of the case are discussed.


    Social Networks

    Regarding Facebook, MySpace, Twitter, and other social networking or blog websites: Links may be used to direct posters to view something on a social networking page. But postings on social networking sites are not considered fact; they are rumor. Copying and pasting, or taking screen caps, directly from these pages is not allowed. Paraphrasing is okay. (Exception: If the Twitter or Facebook post belongs to a verified news station, it may be copied. But a link should still be provided.)

    Also, social networking pages may only be linked if they are directly related to a case, i.e. the victim or suspect. We don't want to post to someone's mother, brother, employer, milkman, or postal carrier just because they know the main player. We also NEVER link to minor's pages (unless they are the victim). And be sure that the page actually belongs to the person being discussed. Do not link to someone if you are not 100% sure it is the correct person. And if a social networking is set to private and you get in the back way, you may not post what you find. Private means private!

    MINORS: Websleuths.com™ does not allow the naming of, or photographs of, minors (children under the age of 18) on the Site unless the child is a missing or deceased person or where law enforcement has identified the minor as a perpetrator of a crime and the minor will be tried as an adult. If a missing child is found and it is learned that such minor was the victim of child exploitation, references to the child’s name and likeness will be removed, and further posting of such information will not be allowed.

    Thanks,

    Cat
    Last edited by KateB; 04-30-2015 at 10:52 PM. Reason: repair url tag.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    7,929
    Please continue here...

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    16
    The question was posted on #2, by Whiteorchids: "Could he have fallen into the lake from the dam?"

    Not likely. The dam is sloped on both sides, from the roadway across the top of the dam. There are not vertical, or near vertical surfaces... perhaps 30 degrees from horizontal on both sides of the road way.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    197
    I looked around for more info on ADHD meds, Adderall is the big one out there these days. It has a lot of addictive and gateway qualities. I hope BL did not get in over his head with this.

    No offense to anyone, BL, or family/friends, but I tried a lot of things even in high school, my family never new about it.

    This could be key in what lead up to and continued to be an issue on his trip south.

    IMO only
    Last edited by kevsrebla; 09-14-2013 at 10:15 PM.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    235
    Quote Originally Posted by PoirotsGirlFriday View Post
    Thank you. Those are some excellent and perfectly plausible reasons for him to be traveling at night. I, too (even tho a girl) tend to be more of a night owl. Like you, I would choose to leave early am BUT as far as when I am most alert, that's usually from the afternoon and then through the night. So I could see the wisdom behind driving at night.

    I guess the thing that had me puzzled that this was a guy who had not slept in ages according to friends. The fact that he should have been exhausted and wanting to get some rest is what stumped me. So I was wondering if he was either in a rush to get to his parents or maybe had to meet with someone in Buttonwillow by a certain time the next day. But since then, GhostWheel commented and told me that Bryce was probably wide awake and feeling pretty wired (my paraphrasing because I don'Don't t remember the exact phrasing) from the Adderall or whatever else he may have taken. So to me, that explained why he would not choose to catch up on rest before driving. But you also brought up more good reasons why. Thanks.
    I don't know if anyone else has answered, but besides drug reasons, persons with bipolar who are manic or in a psychotic episode, can have trouble getting rest. I have a parent with this and for me that was the challenge was trying to 'put' them down hoping to stave off the episode. Caffeine/energy drinks would not help matters. Even heavy sleeping medications would only work temporarily if at all. These people can have unbelievable energy and stay up for days on end, making the episode worsen.

    I also had a friend in college who was bipolar but did not get psychotic episodes, just tons of energy and sometimes weird thoughts. He drove lots of places at night/long drives to take a girl on a date or whatever. Just saying that some people can seem highly functional and simply 'fun loving' without it looking like an issue for some time.

    I understand we don't know of his mental situation, but drug taking in itself and lack of sleep combined with stress/bad emotions is not a healthy combination for anyone. Travel by oneself in a state like this is not very safe because mistakes happen. I have witnessed many occasions where my parent left out into the night, or departed on a last minute 'fun' trip in a together mindset, despite my protests, only to get tangled up on the way and get in all kinds of sticky situations. I guess because of my personal experience, I don't like this one bit.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    4,724
    No info about the PC this morning?

    I'm not finding any MSM (or otherwise) news about the search today; Team Amber's involvement; or, the LE announcement to clear up their position on the case that dragracerz mentioned yesterday, IIRC?
    MOO

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    197
    http://www.signalscv.com/section/36/article/104824/

    If the search is called off, the family may have to be picking up the "slack"

    News of this case may also diminish and not be as widespread.

    Where do we go from here?

    oh and go dragracerz

    "He personally coordinates with some 18 searchers and stays in contact with two missing-persons groups that have joined in the hunt"

  10. #10
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Anaheim, CA
    Posts
    13,696
    Quote Originally Posted by Yellow Camaro View Post
    The question was posted on #2, by Whiteorchids: "Could he have fallen into the lake from the dam?"

    Not likely. The dam is sloped on both sides, from the roadway across the top of the dam. There are not vertical, or near vertical surfaces... perhaps 30 degrees from horizontal on both sides of the road way.
    Yeah and I know some strongly suspect he's in the lake but I don't have that sense.

    Since one of you smart people educated me about dead bodies in water, i did some checking. Lake Castaic has been very warm with a water temp.of 76 in one branch and 80 in another. I just don't see Bryce not surfacing for all this time.

    And whike its true that if he was wandering around totally dazed he would probably have come to someones attention by now, like cluciano has suggested, i think someone having a mental break can disappear.a dstill function. My sister in law trrests schizophrenics and write a whole paper on bow they survive.on the street andkeep themselves alive.

    Quote Originally Posted by moonstone View Post
    I don't know if anyone else has answered, but besides drug reasons, persons with bipolar who are manic or in a psychotic episode, can have trouble getting rest. I have a parent with this and for me that was the challenge was trying to 'put' them down hoping to stave off the episode. Caffeine/energy drinks would not help matters. Even heavy sleeping medications would only work temporarily if at all. These people can have unbelievable energy and stay up for days on end, making the episode worsen.

    I also had a friend in college who was bipolar but did not get psychotic episodes, just tons of energy and sometimes weird thoughts. He drove lots of places at night/long drives to take a girl on a date or whatever. Just saying that some people can seem highly functional and simply 'fun loving' without it looking like an issue for some time.

    I understand we don't know of his mental situation, but drug taking in itself and lack of sleep combined with stress/bad emotions is not a healthy combination for anyone. Travel by oneself in a state like this is not very safe because mistakes happen. I have witnessed many occasions where my parent left out into the night, or departed on a last minute 'fun' trip in a together mindset, despite my protests, only to get tangled up on the way and get in all kinds of sticky situations. I guess because of my personal experience, I don't like this one bit.
    The facts show something was happenjng with Bryce. Possibly drug induced or maybe drugs were used as.a.means of self medication. But this has always been my theory, that Bryce is suffering a mental issue. And while the body found made me believe he was likely dead, possibly due to suicide, the fact that it wasn't him and no body has been found in all this time leads me to suspect that Bryce survived and is somewhere alive.
    For Elizabeth, a minor child, a victim. Thank God she is home!

    *Gitana (means "Gypsy girl"). Pronounced "hee tah nah."


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    235
    Quote Originally Posted by kevsrebla View Post
    I looked around for more info on ADHD meds, Adderall is the big one out there these days. It has a lot of addictive and gateway qualities. I BL did not get in over his head with this.

    No offense to anyone, BL, or family/friends, but I tried a lot of things even in high school, my family never new about it.

    This could be key in what lead up to and continued to be an issue on his trip south.

    IMO only
    True, and same here. Knowing my ownself and people I grew up with, it's truly just a wild card as to who gets into things, how much, and who ruins themselves with it. And it can happen fast. It's like someone said earlier in the first thread, we only know people from when we know them. Even worse, drugs are 'glorified' in teen years, so there is can be pressure/competition at parties to be super loaded, etc. (I only view it this way being older and not into that). I was not heavy into things but I hung around with people who were on many levels. I am not saying I suspect what happened, just that I don't put anything past anyone where there is drug using involved. There simply aren't boundaries.

    <modsnip>

    I'll stop rambling. I just don't take the drug thing lightly in terms of what could have happened, though I hope it had nothing to do with it.
    Last edited by CatFancier; 09-18-2013 at 12:33 PM. Reason: drug speculation

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    723
    Quote Originally Posted by gitana1 View Post
    Yeah and I know some strongly suspect he's in the lake but I don't have that sense.
    Nor do I. In fact, I would guess he has put some distance between there and wherever he is.

    The facts show something was happenjng with Bryce. Possibly drug induced or maybe drugs were used as.a.means of self medication. But this has always been my theory, that Bryce is suffering a mental issue. And while the body found made me believe he was likely dead, possibly due to suicide, the fact that it wasn't him and no body has been found in all this time leads me to suspect that Bryce survived and is somewhere alive.
    Agree. I am going to say this again. Those of us in other cities, other states, need to get his face out there.

    (JMO, of course. )
    Last edited by SandSage; 09-14-2013 at 10:22 PM. Reason: broken code repair :)

  13. #13
    I'm new to this forum as of today and I don't know if I am retarded or what but I cant find where I can add a pic or a stamp/quote at the end of my posts like everyone else has...could somebody plz advise?

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    723
    Quote Originally Posted by brooke79 View Post
    I'm new to this forum as of today and I don't know if I am retarded or what but I cant find where I can add a pic or a stamp/quote at the end of my posts like everyone else has...could somebody plz advise?
    Up there ^^^. User CP > Edit Signature (left sidebar).

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    197
    Quote Originally Posted by brooke79 View Post
    I'm new to this forum as of today and I don't know if I am retarded or what but I cant find where I can add a pic or a stamp/quote at the end of my posts like everyone else has...could somebody plz advise?
    is it worth the trouble, just tell us what you think, that is more important!!

Page 1 of 65 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. CA CA - Bryce Laspisa, 19, Castaic, 30 Aug 2013 - #8
    By CatFancier in forum 2010's Missing
    Replies: 1013
    Last Post: 01-04-2014, 03:36 AM
  2. CA CA - Bryce Laspisa, 19, Castaic, 30 Aug 2013 - #7
    By CatFancier in forum 2010's Missing
    Replies: 1005
    Last Post: 10-31-2013, 07:46 AM
  3. CA CA - Bryce Laspisa, 19, Castaic, 30 Aug 2013 - #5
    By CatFancier in forum 2010's Missing
    Replies: 1006
    Last Post: 10-09-2013, 07:35 AM
  4. CA CA - Bryce Laspisa, 19, Castaic, 30 Aug 2013 - #4
    By CatFancier in forum 2010's Missing
    Replies: 977
    Last Post: 10-02-2013, 10:03 PM
  5. CA CA - Bryce Laspisa, 19, Castaic, 30 Aug 2013 - #2
    By CatFancier in forum 2010's Missing
    Replies: 1075
    Last Post: 09-14-2013, 09:32 PM

Tags for this Thread