CA CA - Bryce Laspisa, 19, Castaic, 30 Aug 2013 - #3

Status
Not open for further replies.

CatFancier

Former Member
Reaction score
Missing Teen's Car Is Found Overturned In Castaic

http://hometownstation.com/santa-clarita-news/missing-teens-car-found-overturned-castaic-37484

https://www.facebook.com/FINDBRYCELASPISA?ref=stream

1240648_620106978033709_749536956_n.jpg

Verified Insider: Dragracerz

Thread #1

Thread #2

Please continue here and remember the rules. You can find them right here: The Rules - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community AND don't overlook these!!!!

Victim Friendly

Websleuths is a victim friendly forum. Attacking or bashing a victim is not allowed. Discussing victim behavior, good or bad is fine, but do so in a civl and constructive way and ONLY IF IT IS RELEVANT TO THE CASE. Additionally, sleuthing family members that are not suspect is not allowed. Don't make random accusations or post personal information (even if it is public) like parking tickets, address, or first and last names of all their relatives and their neighbors. Also, never "bash" or attack them, or accuse them of involvement. However that does not mean that family members cannot come into discussion as the facts and issues of the case are discussed.

Social Networks

Regarding Facebook, MySpace, Twitter, and other social networking or blog websites: Links may be used to direct posters to view something on a social networking page. But postings on social networking sites are not considered fact; they are rumor. Copying and pasting, or taking screen caps, directly from these pages is not allowed. Paraphrasing is okay. (Exception: If the Twitter or Facebook post belongs to a verified news station, it may be copied. But a link should still be provided.)

Also, social networking pages may only be linked if they are directly related to a case, i.e. the victim or suspect. We don't want to post to someone's mother, brother, employer, milkman, or postal carrier just because they know the main player. We also NEVER link to minor's pages (unless they are the victim). And be sure that the page actually belongs to the person being discussed. Do not link to someone if you are not 100% sure it is the correct person. And if a social networking is set to private and you get in the back way, you may not post what you find. Private means private!

MINORS: Websleuths.com™ does not allow the naming of, or photographs of, minors (children under the age of 18) on the Site unless the child is a missing or deceased person or where law enforcement has identified the minor as a perpetrator of a crime and the minor will be tried as an adult. If a missing child is found and it is learned that such minor was the victim of child exploitation, references to the child’s name and likeness will be removed, and further posting of such information will not be allowed.

Thanks,

Cat

The question was posted on #2, by Whiteorchids: "Could he have fallen into the lake from the dam?"

Not likely. The dam is sloped on both sides, from the roadway across the top of the dam. There are not vertical, or near vertical surfaces... perhaps 30 degrees from horizontal on both sides of the road way.

I looked around for more info on ADHD meds, Adderall is the big one out there these days. It has a lot of addictive and gateway qualities. I hope BL did not get in over his head with this.

No offense to anyone, BL, or family/friends, but I tried a lot of things even in high school, my family never new about it.

This could be key in what lead up to and continued to be an issue on his trip south.

IMO only

Thank you. Those are some excellent and perfectly plausible reasons for him to be traveling at night. I, too (even tho a girl) tend to be more of a night owl. Like you, I would choose to leave early am BUT as far as when I am most alert, that's usually from the afternoon and then through the night. So I could see the wisdom behind driving at night.

I guess the thing that had me puzzled that this was a guy who had not slept in ages according to friends. The fact that he should have been exhausted and wanting to get some rest is what stumped me. So I was wondering if he was either in a rush to get to his parents or maybe had to meet with someone in Buttonwillow by a certain time the next day. But since then, GhostWheel commented and told me that Bryce was probably wide awake and feeling pretty wired (my paraphrasing because I don'Don't t remember the exact phrasing) from the Adderall or whatever else he may have taken. So to me, that explained why he would not choose to catch up on rest before driving. But you also brought up more good reasons why. Thanks.

I don't know if anyone else has answered, but besides drug reasons, persons with bipolar who are manic or in a psychotic episode, can have trouble getting rest. I have a parent with this and for me that was the challenge was trying to 'put' them down hoping to stave off the episode. Caffeine/energy drinks would not help matters. Even heavy sleeping medications would only work temporarily if at all. These people can have unbelievable energy and stay up for days on end, making the episode worsen.

I also had a friend in college who was bipolar but did not get psychotic episodes, just tons of energy and sometimes weird thoughts. He drove lots of places at night/long drives to take a girl on a date or whatever. Just saying that some people can seem highly functional and simply 'fun loving' without it looking like an issue for some time.

I understand we don't know of his mental situation, but drug taking in itself and lack of sleep combined with stress/bad emotions is not a healthy combination for anyone. Travel by oneself in a state like this is not very safe because mistakes happen. I have witnessed many occasions where my parent left out into the night, or departed on a last minute 'fun' trip in a together mindset, despite my protests, only to get tangled up on the way and get in all kinds of sticky situations. I guess because of my personal experience, I don't like this one bit.

No info about the PC this morning?

I'm not finding any MSM (or otherwise) news about the search today; Team Amber's involvement; or, the LE announcement to clear up their position on the case that dragracerz mentioned yesterday, IIRC?

http://www.signalscv.com/section/36/article/104824/

If the search is called off, the family may have to be picking up the "slack"

News of this case may also diminish and not be as widespread.

Where do we go from here?

oh and go dragracerz

"He personally coordinates with some 18 searchers and stays in contact with two missing-persons groups that have joined in the hunt"

The question was posted on #2, by Whiteorchids: "Could he have fallen into the lake from the dam?"

Not likely. The dam is sloped on both sides, from the roadway across the top of the dam. There are not vertical, or near vertical surfaces... perhaps 30 degrees from horizontal on both sides of the road way.

Yeah and I know some strongly suspect he's in the lake but I don't have that sense.

Since one of you smart people educated me about dead bodies in water, i did some checking. Lake Castaic has been very warm with a water temp.of 76 in one branch and 80 in another. I just don't see Bryce not surfacing for all this time.

And whike its true that if he was wandering around totally dazed he would probably have come to someones attention by now, like cluciano has suggested, i think someone having a mental break can disappear.a dstill function. My sister in law trrests schizophrenics and write a whole paper on bow they survive.on the street andkeep themselves alive.

I don't know if anyone else has answered, but besides drug reasons, persons with bipolar who are manic or in a psychotic episode, can have trouble getting rest. I have a parent with this and for me that was the challenge was trying to 'put' them down hoping to stave off the episode. Caffeine/energy drinks would not help matters. Even heavy sleeping medications would only work temporarily if at all. These people can have unbelievable energy and stay up for days on end, making the episode worsen.

I also had a friend in college who was bipolar but did not get psychotic episodes, just tons of energy and sometimes weird thoughts. He drove lots of places at night/long drives to take a girl on a date or whatever. Just saying that some people can seem highly functional and simply 'fun loving' without it looking like an issue for some time.

I understand we don't know of his mental situation, but drug taking in itself and lack of sleep combined with stress/bad emotions is not a healthy combination for anyone. Travel by oneself in a state like this is not very safe because mistakes happen. I have witnessed many occasions where my parent left out into the night, or departed on a last minute 'fun' trip in a together mindset, despite my protests, only to get tangled up on the way and get in all kinds of sticky situations. I guess because of my personal experience, I don't like this one bit.

The facts show something was happenjng with Bryce. Possibly drug induced or maybe drugs were used as.a.means of self medication. But this has always been my theory, that Bryce is suffering a mental issue. And while the body found made me believe he was likely dead, possibly due to suicide, the fact that it wasn't him and no body has been found in all this time leads me to suspect that Bryce survived and is somewhere alive.

I looked around for more info on ADHD meds, Adderall is the big one out there these days. It has a lot of addictive and gateway qualities. I BL did not get in over his head with this.

No offense to anyone, BL, or family/friends, but I tried a lot of things even in high school, my family never new about it.

This could be key in what lead up to and continued to be an issue on his trip south.

IMO only

True, and same here. Knowing my ownself and people I grew up with, it's truly just a wild card as to who gets into things, how much, and who ruins themselves with it. And it can happen fast. It's like someone said earlier in the first thread, we only know people from when we know them. Even worse, drugs are 'glorified' in teen years, so there is can be pressure/competition at parties to be super loaded, etc. (I only view it this way being older and not into that). I was not heavy into things but I hung around with people who were on many levels. I am not saying I suspect what happened, just that I don't put anything past anyone where there is drug using involved. There simply aren't boundaries.

<modsnip>

I'll stop rambling. I just don't take the drug thing lightly in terms of what could have happened, though I hope it had nothing to do with it.

Yeah and I know some strongly suspect he's in the lake but I don't have that sense.

Nor do I. In fact, I would guess he has put some distance between there and wherever he is.

The facts show something was happenjng with Bryce. Possibly drug induced or maybe drugs were used as.a.means of self medication. But this has always been my theory, that Bryce is suffering a mental issue. And while the body found made me believe he was likely dead, possibly due to suicide, the fact that it wasn't him and no body has been found in all this time leads me to suspect that Bryce survived and is somewhere alive.

Agree. I am going to say this again. Those of us in other cities, other states, need to get his face out there.

(JMO, of course. :) )

I'm new to this forum as of today and I don't know if I am retarded or what but I cant find where I can add a pic or a stamp/quote at the end of my posts like everyone else has...could somebody plz advise?

I'm new to this forum as of today and I don't know if I am retarded or what but I cant find where I can add a pic or a stamp/quote at the end of my posts like everyone else has...could somebody plz advise?

Up there ^^^. User CP > Edit Signature (left sidebar).

is it worth the trouble, just tell us what you think, that is more important!!

Since one of you smart people educated me about dead bodies in water, i did some checking. Lake Castaic has been very warm with a water temp.of 76 in one branch and 80 in another. I just don't see Bryce not surfacing for all this time.

And whike its true that if he was wandering around totally dazed he would probably have come to someones attention by now, like cluciano has suggested, i think someone having a mental break can disappear.a dstill function. My sister in law trrests schizophrenics and write a whole paper on bow they survive.on the street andkeep themselves alive.

I agree re: the lake. It's so dang hot in that part of the state, I just can't imagine him being submerged for this long. But even with that being said, I originally joined here for Linnea Lomax and she hung herself in a very hot climate. She wasn't in the water, she was in a tree, but I was shocked that she'd been hanging there for months before she was finally found.

The other thing that freaks me out about this case is that it seems like there have been bodies found all over in that general area lately. None of them seem to be Bryce, but it scares me that there are stories every couple of days about people being found. We're up to at least 6 now right? And I think I've only seen ID's on one or two of them.

Was BL frustrated with his financial situation?

He was said to have been having trouble finding a job.

BL was said to have received funds from his parents through a weekly replenishment of his debit card. [JMO, but that sounds a little too controlling.]

He's got a g/f who now lives at a distance and it will be more expensive to drive to see her.

Was he going home, in part, to talk about his allowance?

Was he annoyed when the officer arrived for the wellness check and searched his SUV with his parents' authorization?

And then he ?accidentally? crashes his SUV - big expense to replace.

?????

BL was said to have received funds from his parents through a weekly replenishment of his debit card. [JMO, but that sounds a little too controlling.]

He's got a g/f who now lives at a distance and it will be more expensive to drive to see her.

Was he annoyed when the officer arrived for the wellness check and searched his SUV with his parents' authorization?

?????

That's a LOT of "stuff" for a 19 year old away from home for the first(ish) time if he is responsible. A LOT.

eta: translation: "responsible" = "gives a s***"

Nor do I. In fact, I would guess he has put some distance between there and wherever he is.

Agree. I am going to say this again. Those of us in other cities, other states, need to get his face out there.

I agree. I'm in FL and I'm going to post some here. I know that's far fetched but what's it going to hurt. Nobody knows where he was headed or how he intended to get there. It could have been anywhere. This event that occurred didn't seem to very well planned out. In fact I don't believe he had much of a plan at all. It seems he was moment to moment and the two theories that had me were the off the grid intentionally which I don't think anymore so much. I already stated why in a past post on thread#2 and it's becoming harder and harder to believe he is ok...i think wondering around aimlessly is out now too..it's just been too long and there's too many people actively looking for him to have not had one person come even close or to not have had even one sighting. Best case senario IMO is that he decided at the last minute to dip out and is hiding out somewhere..but that couldnt have been part of any plan or he wouldnt have told his mom where he was, he'd just go without notice. He seemed super close with his family...if he disappeared intentionally he will eventually miss his parents, relatives and friends. Y would he put his parents through something awful like this tho ya know? It just makes no sense, nothing adds up.I am so baffled. I can't wrap my head around all this. I hope it get's resolved. I hope he is ok somewhere and even if he isn't ok..I hope he is found SOON because his family will need that closure. I'm sure there is A LOT of details that no one but LE, parents, friends and anyone on the inside know that we don't. JMO:banghead:

?????

not to mention he had moved from his home town and all the friends he had know for a very long time to south cali, that is a hard change in it's self.

with addreall throw in and pressures thrown in it could just be way to much to handle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni