GUILTY IL - Willow Long, 7, Watson, 8 Sept 2013 - #5

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

Former Member
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Police searching for missing Watson girl

[snip]

The sheriff's department reports Willow Long, 7, of Watson was reported missing by her parents at about 10:15 a.m. They believed she disappeared between 9 and 10:15 a.m., probably walking away from the family home.

http://effinghamdailynews.com/local...-for-missing-Watson-girl#sthash.JGJxo5L8.dpuf

UPDATE: Authorities Searching for Missing Watson Girl

A 7-year old girl is missing from Watson, and authorities are asking for help in locating her.

[snip]

Watson's Fire Department has been set up as a staging area for search teams as authorities comb the area for the girl. We spoke with Watson Fire Chief Matt Kulesza Sunday afternoon, who told us that at this time, search volunteers are not being sought, but those that show up to help will not be turned away. Kulesza said search dogs are on the way to help, and an Illinois State Police search plane is on standby.

[snip]

When Willow left home this morning, her mother says she didn't take her glasses.

http://www.thexradio.com/news/78-local-news/7442-authorities-searching-for-missing-watson-girl

CASE MAP - https://mapsengine.google.com/map/edit?mid=zSOXr2WUMk3o.keHGwumstTfY

CASE ARCHIVE BY AmandaReckonwith - http://s296.photobucket.com/user/crankycrankerson/library/Willow Long -IL-?sort=6&page=1

Willow%20Long-600.jpg
Willow%20Long%202.JPG

Thread #1
Thread #2
Thread #3
Thread #4

Please continue here and remember the rules. You can find them right here: The Rules - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community AND don't overlook these!!!!

Victim Friendly

Websleuths is a victim friendly forum. Attacking or bashing a victim is not allowed. Discussing victim behavior, good or bad is fine, but do so in a civl and constructive way and ONLY IF IT IS RELEVANT TO THE CASE. Additionally, sleuthing family members that are not suspect is not allowed. Don't make random accusations or post personal information (even if it is public) like parking tickets, address, or first and last names of all their relatives and their neighbors. Also, never "bash" or attack them, or accuse them of involvement. However that does not mean that family members cannot come into discussion as the facts and issues of the case are discussed.

Social Networks

Regarding Facebook, MySpace, Twitter, and other social networking or blog websites: Links may be used to direct posters to view something on a social networking page. But postings on social networking sites are not considered fact; they are rumor. Copying and pasting, or taking screen caps, directly from these pages is not allowed. Paraphrasing is okay. (Exception: If the Twitter or Facebook post belongs to a verified news station, it may be copied. But a link should still be provided.)

Also, social networking pages may only be linked if they are directly related to a case, i.e. the victim or suspect. We don't want to post to someone's mother, brother, employer, milkman, or postal carrier just because they know the main player. We also NEVER link to minor's pages (unless they are the victim). And be sure that the page actually belongs to the person being discussed. Do not link to someone if you are not 100% sure it is the correct person. And if a social networking is set to private and you get in the back way, you may not post what you find. Private means private!

MINORS: Websleuths.com™ does not allow the naming of, or photographs of, minors (children under the age of 18) on the Site unless the child is a missing or deceased person or where law enforcement has identified the minor as a perpetrator of a crime and the minor will be tried as an adult. If a missing child is found and it is learned that such minor was the victim of child exploitation, references to the child’s name and likeness will be removed, and further posting of such information will not be allowed.

Thanks,

Cat

My thoughts are with Willow's loved ones during this time... I just can't imagine the immense pain they are enduring!

Thank you for opening a new thread. I appreciate the mods who work diligently to keep this site functional and able to be navigated.

Willow's visitation will end in 10 minutes. I sincerely hope everyone in the community who wanted to attend, were able to.

Willow's father... gosh... with the grieving process is denial, anger, bargaining, depression, and acceptance. Right now I'm sure he is in shock, and denial that such evilness could happen to his only daughter. As he begins to heal, woe be to those that the anger is for!

I believe that house held a lot of secrets. I pray that it all comes to light, and each deed doesn't go unpunished. No way will I believe this was the first time anything at all happened. Nope... can't believe it.

What is the significance of who called DCFS? They were called on Sunday. Very good chance LE called because there was a missing child with an either inconsistent story or the looks of neglect because of not having a lock on the door or something. I have seen DCFS called for toddlers wandering in their neighborhood and the parents were awakened by LE when the child is found. Many times the assumption is that the parents is passed out due to alcohol or drugs. By the description from willows grandpa, that drug induced passing out isn't far fetched.

My thoughts are with Willow's loved ones during this time... I just can't imagine the immense pain they are enduring!

Mine too. Kudos to Willow's grand parents and father for making a point of profusely thanking the volunteers who looked for and found precious Willow. Perhaps when her mother can compose herself during her time of grieving and sorrow, she'll be able to do the same.

Thinking of Willow's family today. All of them. No matter what the circumstances are, they are all going through unimaginable grief right now.

Except him. :stormingmad:

I honestly worry about the mothers ability to come to terms and heal from this. She is probably feeling somewhat guilty for leaving the kids alone with her brother and not thinking that something like this can happen. Not only that the whole family pretty much has to pick up and as there is already so much nastiness towards them that it would be very hard to heal without just up and leaving.

Exactly scadder. Yes she messed up by telling the police she saw Willow, but she has lost her daughter in unimaginable circumstances. She is a grieving mother as far as I am concerned. The police have NEVER suggested she had anything to do with this at all, apart from the sighting.

I think, as someone who grew up in a small town, a lot of the vitriol directed at her is based on personal history not concerning the children at all. It's not right. Let her grieve in peace.

All my opinion ;)

Here is my thinking about the CPS call... the public did not yet know about the circumstances of that day, so how could they have made a report about abuse by the Uncle and neglect by Mom? The report is either from another incident or from LE. imo

Willow's father... gosh... with the grieving process is denial, anger, bargaining, depression, and acceptance. Right now I'm sure he is in shock, and denial that such evilness could happen to his only daughter. As he begins to heal, woe be to those that the anger is for!

I believe that house held a lot of secrets. I pray that it all comes to light, and each deed doesn't go unpunished. No way will I believe this was the first time anything at all happened. Nope... can't believe it.

Why do say that house held a lot of secrets?

JMO, I haven't found anything stated as yet that makes me think the uncle was doing things to those children or that the rest of the family was looking the other way. It could be, but that would really blow my mind.

Willow looked happy and sassy. She spent time alone with gma and would have chances to hint to gma or her mother about uncle. I would think the rest of the family would pick up on some weirdness going on.

Sure I do believe Uncle probably was hiding his inclinations for awhile. But I've been trying to see this as a
one-time *advertiser censored* fueled fluke event that he didn't think through. Do you think this happened before?

Thinking of Willow's loved ones today...

Hopefully seeing the outpouring of love for Willow by the community will help them ease the pain... If even a little bit...

:candle:

When will the killing of innocent children stop? Has it always been this way? Are we more aware because of the "information super highway"? So sad.

When will the killing of innocent children stop? Has it always been this way? Are we more aware because of the "information super highway"? So sad.

The Internet in general, and WS in particular, gives us all a skewed perspective. Violent crime in general (including things like child abduction) has been declining steadily since the mid 90s at least (with a few blips for recession years). Overall it's down something like 50% in the last 20 years. It doesn't make it any easier to deal with the individual cases, but it's definitely a good idea to get off the Internet and breathe once in a while. :)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crime_in_the_United_States#Crime_over_time

I still think that somebody (neighbor, friend, relative - remember the aunt that was posting on the FB page about 2 people being questioned well before that information was released) felt that something wasn't right or was suspicious of something and when word got around town that Willow was missing, they made a phone call to DCFS.

I still don't get why people think LE would hotline. I think if LE were suspicious and thought the brother needed placed in protective services, they would have just said "we contacted DCFS due to..." (whatever the reason)

Remember the mayor's wife being called, early on? If she saw fishy stuff going on at any time, a call from the mayor's office to DCFS, would get some results. DCFS is so overrun with problem cases, that someone of authority had to get their attention, to get some results. IL. government doesn't move very fast.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Back2theGardenAgain
Back