Robert Mayer

White Male
6' to 6'1"
200 lbs.
Hair - Brown
Eyes - Green
Currently unshaven

Nickname - Rob

Left hand, middle finger was slightly chopped off tip – has nail, but middle finger is shorter -
Clothing - Probably wearing blue or gray collared polo with J.C.Electrical logo,
jeans, Black work boots, possible baseball cap, ray ban sunglasses

No ID, no Wallet

Robert Mayer went to work June 14, 2013. He was seen at work with his car. He was last seen at a scrap metal yard around 2:15. His car – a 2004 red Pontiac GTO- was located the next day, Saturday, June 15 at 8:30 p.m. at the Deer Park Train Station, a few miles from the house. Roberts family states that he never takes the train as he drives to and from work. His car was found abandoned at Deer Park train station His family says that Robert has never stayed away from home.Robert does not have identification on him, as his wallet was found at home. He has not been seen or heard from. His case remains unsolved.

If any information Please contact

Suffolk County Police Department
631-697-6186

Thread #1
Thread #2
Thread #3
Thread #4
Thread #5
Thread #6
Thread #7
Thread #8

Please continue here and remember the rules. You can find them right here: The Rules - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community AND don't overlook these!!!!

Victim Friendly

Websleuths is a victim friendly forum. Attacking or bashing a victim is not allowed. Discussing victim behavior, good or bad is fine, but do so in a civl and constructive way and ONLY IF IT IS RELEVANT TO THE CASE. Additionally, sleuthing family members that are not suspect is not allowed. Don't make random accusations or post personal information (even if it is public) like parking tickets, address, or first and last names of all their relatives and their neighbors. Also, never "bash" or attack them, or accuse them of involvement. However that does not mean that family members cannot come into discussion as the facts and issues of the case are discussed.

Social Networks

Regarding Facebook, MySpace, Twitter, and other social networking or blog websites: Links may be used to direct posters to view something on a social networking page. But postings on social networking sites are not considered fact; they are rumor. Copying and pasting, or taking screen caps, directly from these pages is not allowed. Paraphrasing is okay. (Exception: If the Twitter or Facebook post belongs to a verified news station, it may be copied. But a link should still be provided.)

Also, social networking pages may only be linked if they are directly related to a case, i.e. the victim or suspect. We don't want to post to someone's mother, brother, employer, milkman, or postal carrier just because they know the main player. We also NEVER link to minor's pages (unless they are the victim). And be sure that the page actually belongs to the person being discussed. Do not link to someone if you are not 100% sure it is the correct person. And if a social networking is set to private and you get in the back way, you may not post what you find. Private means private!

MINORS: Websleuths.com™ does not allow the naming of, or photographs of, minors (children under the age of 18) on the Site unless the child is a missing or deceased person or where law enforcement has identified the minor as a perpetrator of a crime and the minor will be tried as an adult. If a missing child is found and it is learned that such minor was the victim of child exploitation, references to the child’s name and likeness will be removed, and further posting of such information will not be allowed.

Thanks,

Cat

Again, no sleuthing of family members! Please continue here...

I also want to ask you how you are so positive no drugs, mob, attack, walking out on his own, suicide etc is not what happened? As that pretty much includes all possibilities... what? :ufo: ??? :sasquach: ??? :confused:

I also want to ask you how you are so positive no drugs, mob, attack, walking out on his own, suicide etc is not what happened? As that pretty much includes all possibilities... what? :ufo: ??? :sasquach: ??? :confused:

IDK, Maybe a GF???

We may never really know what happened to this man. I just find it strange that no one saw anything in the middle of an afternoon. Makes me wonder if they had their own security cameras in their house.
So Robert Mayer goes to scrap yard,than comes home,puts all his belongings in the drawer and heads back out? Was he being followed? I find it strange the wife was not home at that hour nor were the kids.
Did he have a meeting to go to with some people and left it all behind as he feared for his life? Or is this a staged disappearance for someone who clearly wants to start over? I'm on the fence right now.Nothing makes sense with what little we know. :fence:

There is no way that if he was murdered in that house, his body was removed with his car. His car has been processed and we would have heard that.

I consider (based on facts that we have) that his house is the last place he was proven to be at. And I base that on the time his phone was switched off, where it was found, and his car documented at that time by neighbor's camera.

(I cant imagine someone making him disappear at scrap yard, and unloading his belongings at the same place and time as he usually did on Fridays).

So, if he met the foul play in the house, his body could have been removed later on, with another car, even, why not, a rented one. I have no clue what was going on there between 2:45 pm and 1:00 am when he was reported missing.
:moo:

I do not think he killed himself!

Why leave the car at the train station?

Why leave without wallet and phone?

AISI he came home and was settling in for the weekend and then something happened.
Now did he leave in that car or did someone else drive that car out of there?

Was anyone home?
Kids?

We are told Ida was not!
did she pick the kids up and go to her parents?

he was not planning on leaving that house as I see it!
he would grab his wallet and the phone!

There is no way that if he was murdered in that house, his body was removed with his car. His car has been processed and we would have heard that.

I consider (based on facts that we have) that his house is the last place he was proven to be at. And I base that on the time his phone was switched off, where it was found, and his car documented at that time by neighbor's camera.

(I cant imagine someone making him disappear at scrap yard, and unloading his belongings at the same place and time as he usually did on Fridays).

So, if he met the foul play in the house, his body could have been removed later on, with another car, even, why not, a rented one. I have no clue what was going on there between 2:45 pm and 1:00 am when he was reported missing.
:moo:

He could have left that house alive!
He could have gone out on his bike for all we know!

Someone could have made him leave alive in his car and put him in another car!

Were they robbed?
Robbed of something they cant say was taken? (money)

Is that neighborhood safe so that they leave the garage door open?
Was any other door or window in the house left open or broken?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rxpb