TX TX - Brandon Lawson, 26, San Angelo, 8 Aug 2013 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlithePlum

Reaction score
http://www.txdps.state.tx.us/mpch/mpch.htm
(Couldn't find any news articles on this, but he is listed in TXDPS Missing Persons)

Family seems to be updating this Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/helpfindbrandonlawson

1235235_654626687891002_1620320002_n.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/ObserverEnterprise

This facebook page has some more detailed info on this missing person. After reading, I think he may be in hiding.

There is a lot more to this story than what we are reading on the Find Brandon Lawson facebook page. MOO

https://www.facebook.com/ObserverEnterprise

This facebook page has some more detailed info on this missing person. After reading, I think he may be in hiding.

There is a lot more to this story than what we are reading on the Find Brandon Lawson facebook page. MOO

Thanks for sharing that. I'm going to go take a look. There are lots of oilfield workers in my area, so I've seen the case shared numerous times on FB. Something sounds a little off and I've seen a few people suggesting exactly what you said.

So, according to the FB page, he called 9-1-1 but then was 'avoiding the cops because of his warrants'. And wife claims "nobody (media)will allow the story without the Coke County permission ". Claims she is broke, and that his bank account is frozen, but states she has chartered four flights on her own to look for him.

Something is not quite right here.

Saw this case today on FB. A post last night from a private investigator hired by ??? family? explains a lot of details. A lot more info is clarified by the investigator in the 500+ comments to this one post. I think someone came after him while he was waiting for gas & the "I hit someone" statement is in reference to hitting someone who was physically attacking him? Very intriguing case.
https://www.facebook.com/helpfindbrandonlawson/posts/148087428733673

Hmmm...I dunno. I don't get the "ran away" vibe here. I hope they find something soon.

I live not far from the area he went missing from and I'm surprised I haven't heard/seen more about it! After reading the fb and the San Angelo live article I agree. I don't think he is in hiding and something definitely does not add up. There are so many holes in the stories bring given by everyone involved.

I called a TV station in Abilene, gave them his name and said I couldn't believe they weren't interested in the story. The reporter said "San Angelo is a little out of our viewing range but I will check into it." Still haven't heard anything about it here in Abilene.

I have to admit the story is strange, but I really don't think he is on the run.

The thing that concerns me is his brother was talking to him. I know that road well, and the reception on your cell is very bad through that area, but not impossible.

If there was foul play, I think he would have been found by now.

Either someone picked him up and did him harm, or he is being hidden.

This is strange indeed. I don't see how his wife missed 3 phone calls because her phone was charging. If mine's plugged into the charger, it rings.

Brandon seems to have claimed he hit someone. I wonder how much damage was sustained by Brandon's vehicle?

From what I've read, it almost sounds like he might have suffered some kind of head injury on impact or imagined impact. I wonder if he'd served in the military? Could he have then had a brain glitch, thinking he was somewhere else under different circumstances, and was acting on what his mind was telling him was going on? Maybe Brandon thought he was back in the military. Maybe he thought those trying to help him were really after him. It's also possible he was hallucinating from some substance he'd encountered. If he was running away, I think this is a non-typical runaway with some mental health? issues involved.

Very sad. If this happened August 9, of this year, and he's gone, then most likely all that would be found would be his clothes and his bones. I sure hope that isn't the case. He has a darling family and children who are really going to miss their daddy. He looked like a happy, devoted family man. So sad.

There's so much in this case that baffles me but one thing that continues to bother me is this. The brother's girlfriend was on the phone with Brandon for what, around 10 minutes, right? And all they will say he said was "I'm bleeding."
Now granted I know how bad cell reception can be in that area, I travel it frequently for work. But I find it hard to believe you could be on the phone with a person for 10 minutes and that's all that they said. No cause or details given. Just "I'm bleeding". You would think he would at least say what caused the bleeding. "Someone attacked me and I'm bleeding", "I fell and I'm bleeding" to just say "I'm bleeding"...? I don't know, it's just strange.
And in the San Angelo article that interviews the wife, she seems a little too convinced that he's dead. I'm not implying that she had anything to do with his disappearance at all. And I hope I never find myself in her shoes. But I think the possibilities of him being dead would be the last thing I would be willing to accept. Different people cope with these situations differently, I know. Just struck me as strange how she seems to be so willing to accept that outcome already.

Problem is, there isn't enough media attention to even start! Brandon does have an outstanding warrant from I think it was 2008.. drugs are involved in that. He has other convictions, but I'm not sure they have anything to do with him being gone or not.

Most of what I could add, is from spending HOURS reading the facebook page, and very conflicting information. Could be because the family was afraid he was going back to jail. Could be because one of the landowners is the Sheriff, and requests to search that land by SAR is being denied. But again, so much is from the facebook page, and not MSM sooooo.... I'm not sure what we can do with this one... Mods??

I called a TV station in Abilene, gave them his name and said I couldn't believe they weren't interested in the story. The reporter said "San Angelo is a little out of our viewing range but I will check into it." Still haven't heard anything about it here in Abilene.

I have to admit the story is strange, but I really don't think he is on the run.

The thing that concerns me is his brother was talking to him. I know that road well, and the reception on your cell is very bad through that area, but not impossible.

If there was foul play, I think he would have been found by now.

Either someone picked him up and did him harm, or he is being hidden.

Whoever told you the "out of viewing range " excuse is being small minded. Abilene and San Angelo are just an hour and a half apart. Plenty of families have members who work, go to college, shop or do business in either city. Plenty of business being done between these two urban areas.

The local news stations in Abilene have very little interesting news to report in the first place. Hardly worth watching past the first three minutes. They would be smart to cover this story because people do care about more than what happens within a 15 mile radius.

People would watch and be interested. They would want to know which landowners are refusing to allow the family to search for this young man who, (lets face it), his body is probably rotting in a ditch somewhere on private property. Best case scenario, there could be evidence that someone helped him leave the area. Clothing or his phone, watch...something left behind belonging to someone else who was there too.

MOO

Instead of him saying he hit something, like dispatch thinks, though the sheriff said it's very hard to hear and the cell coverage wasn't great, I wonder if he instead said "I've been hit" as in shot? He told someone he was bleeding. But if he was, shouldn't there be a blood trail?

I'm wondering if someone did not hit him with their car and that is why he was saying "I'm Bleeding".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni