1301 users online (247 members and 1054 guests)  

Websleuths News

MI - Hazel Park man accused in 4-year-old's scalding

A 24-year-old Hazel Park man is accused of abusing a 4-year-old boy in his care by forcing him to take a bath in scalding water because he wet his pants, police say.

Hazel Park Police Chief David Niedermeier said Thursday that photos show second-degree burns on the boy's feet, legs, genitals and buttocks. His skin is blistering and peeling.

The boy was burned with water that police later determined could have been as hot as 155 degrees.

Police said Donald Gum, who was living with the boy's mother in Hazel Park, was arrested Monday and arraigned on an a child abuse charge in 43rd District Court in Hazel Park.

http://www.freep.com/news/locoak/burn15w_20050415.htm
    Just when I think that I have seen the most depraved things a human can do to another human, somebody posts a new story...........

Why is it that when a custodial parent fails to provide for a child it is called neglect and is a criminal matter. But when a non custodial parent fails to provide it is called failure to support and is a civil matter?

"Just when the caterpillar thought its world was over, it became a butterfly" ~ Michelle Knight

Suspect released on bond? Disgusting. I say start the water boiling in a big pot and bring him on, at least deep enough to cover his lower half. He could also be dropped into one of the sulpher pots at Yellowstone.

Okay, I feel better now!

JMHO, of course

Smidgeon

Quote Originally Posted by smidgeon
    Suspect released on bond? Disgusting. I say start the water boiling in a big pot and bring him on, at least deep enough to cover his lower half. He could also be dropped into one of the sulpher pots at Yellowstone.

Okay, I feel better now!

JMHO, of course

Smidgeon

Quote Originally Posted by smidgeon

Okay, I feel better now!

JMHO, of course

Smidgeon
    Well, I can see we are on the same page. I am sick and tired of this crap from people who are invited into a child's life by one of their own parents. Then it turns around and the child is abused and not cared for by what I can only call....at this point....an abusive parent. To close your eyes, to relegate your child's caring to someone who has situated themselves in your family and wonder why this has happened to your child?

Idiosy at its best, criminal behavior is more like it. Be accountable.....I can blame the criminal and I do but these parents aren't exactly prime candidates for Larry King Live and to sell a story without being responsible for the situation in the first place.

And while we're at it, why have the victim's rights, and those of potential future victims, become so unimportant that the one arrested is out of jail almost as soon as he's brought in? Anyone who would boil a child will do just about anything, in my opinion.

JMHO

Smidgeon

Can you imagine the pain this little boy endured? These stories just about break your heart.

Quote Originally Posted by Casshew
    Can you imagine the pain this little boy endured? These stories just about break your heart.
    Cass, it sends me up the wall. When I see a child the first thing I want to do is make sure they know they are importent. Kids like me BTW. A little girl was walking up the stairs today and she gave me eye contact and I smiled and she said, "how are you today?". I said I am fine how are you? She said, I am just grand....she was about 4 years old. It was life affirming.

Just want these babies to have a chance to reach adulthood and realize some of their potential.

Low life SOB needs put in a tank of grease & scalded to death....
    Put me in as a judge for a day / I'd give the loosers a sentence
    they'd not soon forget!

Quote Originally Posted by concernedperson
    Cass, it sends me up the wall. When I see a child the first thing I want to do is make sure they know they are importent. Kids like me BTW. A little girl was walking up the stairs today and she gave me eye contact and I smiled and she said, "how are you today?". I said I am fine how are you? She said, I am just grand....she was about 4 years old. It was life affirming.

Just want these babies to have a chance to reach adulthood and realize some of their potential.
    Most of the time I am like you. I talk to most kids who make eye contact, Just to let them know people do see them and know that they are people. And I like kids. But sometimes I wonder, am I actually endangering this child. The kid spoke to an adult, and carried on a conversation. Therefore the child is more likely to try again. I won't hurt the child. But will the next person be the same way? or am I setting this child up to be abused? I don't know. I wonder.
    Just when I think that I have seen the most depraved things a human can do to another human, somebody posts a new story...........

Why is it that when a custodial parent fails to provide for a child it is called neglect and is a criminal matter. But when a non custodial parent fails to provide it is called failure to support and is a civil matter?

"Just when the caterpillar thought its world was over, it became a butterfly" ~ Michelle Knight