Found Deceased SC - Misty Johnson, 39, Greenville, 12 September 2013 *Arrest*

The only thing I have found so far: (at work so can't do much right now)

23432606_BG5.jpg

I saw this on the news 2 days ago. On the news website, someone asked if she maybe got with a weirdo at the bar and the cousin of this woman didn't want that discussed.
I live just a little ways from there and would help with a search, but can't find any info on that. LE won't say where the car was found either.

I saw this on the news 2 days ago. On the news website, someone asked if she maybe got with a weirdo at the bar and the cousin of this woman didn't want that discussed.
I live just a little ways from there and would help with a search, but can't find any info on that. LE won't say where the car was found either.

Hmmm. Maybe that's why there's not a lot out there as far as news. But now that her car has been found, I would hope that would lend credence to the fact that she is indeed missing!

I went to high school with Misty and have friends that know her well now. I wonder if she got caught up with someone that turned ugly (just based on things from the past). Regardless, I hope they find her unharmed.

Misty Johnson Missing: Fear Grows As Woman's Car Found By Home
Posted: 09/16/2013 3:54 pm EDT | Updated: 09/16/2013 4:05 pm EDT

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/09/16/misty-johnson-missing_n_3936580.html

from link==> Morrow said police have a "male suspect" in Johnson's disappearance, but declined to elaborate.

So from what her cousin said, she may have actually returned home from the bar and THEN something happened? I gather from him saying it wouldn't be like her to leave the house without her purse that it was in the house? Is that what you all got from that? And the door was locked but not closed?

Between that and her vehicle being found, I would venture to say this has ended badly. We just don't know what that end was yet.

As always, praying I am wrong.

So from what her cousin said, she may have actually returned home from the bar and THEN something happened? I gather from him saying it wouldn't be like her to leave the house without her purse that it was in the house? Is that what you all got from that? And the door was locked but not closed?

Between that and her vehicle being found, I would venture to say this has ended badly. We just don't know what that end was yet.

As always, praying I am wrong.

That's what I got from reading that too. What I think is odd is that her door was locked but not shut. It's possible she walked in on somebody already in her house. He could have forced her out of her house and made her drive somewhere so her screams wouldn't be heard by her neighbors. He could have pulled the door shut behind him so as to not bring attention to her house and thought he pulled it shut. Praying she is still alive and ok. I don't like the sound of this!

I just looked at the satellite view of her street on Google maps but I'm on my cell and I can't get a good look at the neighborhood.

That's what I got from reading that too. What I think is odd is that her door was locked but not shut. It's possible she walked in on somebody already in her house. He could have forced her out of her house and made her drive somewhere so her screams wouldn't be heard by her neighbors. He could have pulled the door shut behind him so as to not bring attention to her house and thought he pulled it shut. Praying she is still alive and ok. I don't like the sound of this!

Door locked but not shut makes me think someone followed her to her door or knocked on her door and forced his way inside. Maybe she struggled trying to keep him out and locked the door...jmo

Oh I am really concerned that this has already ended badly and sadly the discovery has just not been made:( . I pray I'm wrong but with just the little that the cousin shared IMO its indicative that something very bad happened AFTER Misty arrived home in those early morning hours.. With his describing her as being an OCD type and what they saw at her home..well, IMO equals Misty having not left her home of her own free will(door locked, but not shut..her purse left there in the home..and that there was food left out as tho she was in the process of fixing something to eat when the perp arrived/entered the home)

Then you add in the fact that her car has since been located, abandoned a few miles from the home, yet no sign of Misty.. Its just a sad, tragic situation that I fear ended in Misty losing her life:(.. Is it the ex husband??..or Someone she was dating or had dated?..or maybe someone she had turned down?..then again in knowing that she was with friends at the bar, but they state she did leave the bar alone, it could be a sick opportunist..IDK, but I'm definitely worried for this woman's well being.

**Please forgive the limitations that come w/my posting via mobile ATM**

If she left in a hurry from Juniors, I hope they know if someone contacted her. News is coming slowly and in snippets. Greenville has had a crime problem lately, and it's in many areas, not just the not-so-good areas.

Sounds like she came home to find someone had broken in and was waiting for her. Or someone followed her home and broke in before she could shut the door completely. Doesn't explain the car being found near, but not at her home, or why she left the bar in such a hurry. Maybe someone called to tell her someone was breaking in... but why leave her car even a short distance away? Could she have not wanted them to know she was coming home, so as to 'catch' whoever it was? Not a good idea... she ended up being taken elsewhere and possibly hurt or killed.

Oh I am really concerned that this has already ended badly and sadly the discovery has just not been made:( . I pray I'm wrong but with just the little that the cousin shared IMO its indicative that something very bad happened AFTER Misty arrived home in those early morning hours.. With his describing her as being an OCD type and what they saw at her home..well, IMO equals Misty having not left her home of her own free will(door locked, but not shut..her purse left there in the home..and that there was food left out as tho she was in the process of fixing something to eat when the perp arrived/entered the home)

Then you add in the fact that her car has since been located, abandoned a few miles from the home, yet no sign of Misty.. Its just a sad, tragic situation that I fear ended in Misty losing her life:(.. Is it the ex husband??..or Someone she was dating or had dated?..or maybe someone she had turned down?..then again in knowing that she was with friends at the bar, but they state she did leave the bar alone, it could be a sick opportunist..IDK, but I'm definitely worried for this woman's well being.

**Please forgive the limitations that come w/my posting via mobile ATM**

Sounds like she had plans to meet someone, did she receive a call while at the bar? I think it is someone she knew. A new boyfriend, did she pick someone up after work~she was making a meal at 3 am?

The details of this missing lady being reported just seem ominous.
jmo

I agree with you WideOpen, the details are few and far between and I can't understand why. From what I've been told, her phone and purse were at left at home. That screams that she left against her own will. I hope this ends up on a happy note but I really doubt it will. :(

I agree with all of you and have the same questions as well! My best guess with the little information we have is that she left the bar to meet someone at home. Since she was observed leaving the bar in a hurry, her cell phone records could tell a lot if she received a text or a call that caused her to leave. I also lean toward someone familiar to her.

What exactly is their definition of "left in a hurry"? Did she seem panicked, worried, upset, excited? Did she get up abruptly and leave? Did she completely finish her second beer? We need more details. Do bars in SC stay open past 3am? Here in VA where I'm from they close at 2am. Was the bar closing up and she was rushing to finish her drinks so they could close?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back