994 users online (206 members and 788 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

NY - Darrell Paige, 41, stabbed to death, GF's 16yo son charged, 11 April 2015

A Queens teen says he saved his mom's life by stabbing to death her abusive boyfriend a man he'd confronted before with the same knife he used Monday in what he insists was an act of self-defense.
    "I was trying to save my mother," soft-spoken Christopher Drayton, 16, said in an exclusive interview with The Post yesterday in Rikers Island in which he acknowledged he prepared for the confrontation by stashing a knife under his pillow.

Christopher is puzzled by the second-degree murder charges he faces for his fatal showdown with his mom's live-in beau, Darrell Paige, at their Cambria Heights home. "I don't understand," he said. "One of the investigators offered to shake my hand. They said it was self-defense."

Police say they've responded to at least four domestic spats in recent years at the home on 228th Street but wouldn't provide details.

http://www.nypost.com/news/regionalnews/42813.htm
    Just when I think that I have seen the most depraved things a human can do to another human, somebody posts a new story...........

Why is it that when a custodial parent fails to provide for a child it is called neglect and is a criminal matter. But when a non custodial parent fails to provide it is called failure to support and is a civil matter?

"Just when the caterpillar thought its world was over, it became a butterfly" ~ Michelle Knight

After reading the whole article, it really does appear that this boy was fighting to save his mother's and his own life.

His last name is Drayton...........I wonder if he's related to Flavor Flav(a/k/a Christopher Drayton) who has LOTS of children all over Queens/Brooklyn/Long Island.........
    The saints are the sinners who keep trying...