1133 users online (232 members and 901 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

CA - San Francisco, Human foot washed ashore at Ocean Beach, Sep'13

http://www.seattlepi.com/news/us/art...ch-4818738.php

I wonder if we can match this up with any missing case? Size 11 1/2.

How many is that now? I find this very disturbing.
    Clear your mind must be, if you are to discover the real villains behind this plot. Opinion only, my posts are.

Again?!

Quote Originally Posted by STEADFAST View Post
    Again?!

"According to SFist, at least 13 or 14 such feet were found in the Pacific Northwest between 2007 and 2012."

This is just bizarre. Who are these people? Are there feet showing up anywhere else in the world like the pacific northwest?

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz2f7JagLEM
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
    Clear your mind must be, if you are to discover the real villains behind this plot. Opinion only, my posts are.

I read that the feet float to shore because the shoes float. There's also speculation that feet from Japan could start washing ashore.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    This is just bizarre. Who are these people? Are there feet showing up anywhere else in the world like the pacific northwest?
    It is the proliferation of running shoes like Otto said. As the body deteriorates and separates the feet float to the surface.

Could be suicide, accidental drowning, murder whatever.... But if they weren't wearing running shoes their feet wouldn't float to the surface and travel for miles. Those parts of the world where running shoes are a rarity would have far less feet showing up (unless a strong current carried them thousands of miles from somewhere else).

So I've looked at many of the missing San Francisco men for their shoes:

Sean Sidi was wearing black shoes with a white bottom. There is a photo on his Find Sean Sidi FB page but the white bottom is very obvious (although there is an orange color).

Cameron Remmer was wearing two different shoes when last seen with no description available according to his Charley Project page.

Jackson Miller was wearing beige slip-on Merona's with white soles according to his Charley Project page.

Shawn Dickerson took a picture of his feet the day he disappeared and he was wearing brown dress shoes with laces.

Crishtian Hughes' mom says this shoe doesn't match his shoe size on his missing FB page.

Who am I missing?
    Last edited by CatFancier; 09-18-2013 at 11:24 PM.

Beau Rasmussen went missing from Ocean Beach (where this foot washed ashore) in May after running the Bay Breakers 7.45 mile race. CTKID's link in the first post says "The foot was inside a size 11 1/2 green-and-black-mesh Puma running shoe." If this foot belongs to one of the missing men in the SF area, my bet is on Beau.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/0...n_3313668.html

CA CA - Beau Rasmussen - 27 y.o. - San Fran / Oakland - 19 May 2013 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community
    Last edited by KateB; 04-21-2015 at 07:48 PM. Reason: repair url tag.
    "All your life, all your love, all your hate, all your memory, all your pain, it was all the same thing. It was all the same dream—a dream that you had inside a locked room. A dream about being a person.” - True Detective

Help Save the Next Girl. http://helpsavethenextgirl.com

Help Find Shane Fell. Http://helpfindshanefell.com

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    "According to SFist, at least 13 or 14 such feet were found in the Pacific Northwest between 2007 and 2012."

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz2f7JagLEM
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
    A foot in a sneaker was found in Ontario recently, so, yes it does seem to happen other places, although it seems to happen a LOT in the Pac NW. CANADA Ontario, size 11 running shoe with female human foot.. - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Apparently when a body ends up in the water (whether it's an accident, homicide, suicide, or whatever), feet will naturally breakaway from the body in water due to the relative weakness of ankles. They don't usually float, but if they are in sneakers/tennis shoes they may. Many -if not most - of these feet have been found in running shoes/sneakers (and I think maybe a couple of feet were in hiking boots), which may be why they floated ashore.

I'm basing this on what I've read on other WS threads about these feet that have washed ashore & from friends who are grad students in forensic anthropology.
    Last edited by KateB; 04-21-2015 at 07:48 PM. Reason: repair url tag.
    "All your life, all your love, all your hate, all your memory, all your pain, it was all the same thing. It was all the same dream—a dream that you had inside a locked room. A dream about being a person.” - True Detective

Help Save the Next Girl. http://helpsavethenextgirl.com

Help Find Shane Fell. Http://helpfindshanefell.com

Quote Originally Posted by Sonya610 View Post
    It is the proliferation of running shoes like Otto said. As the body deteriorates and separates the feet float to the surface.

Could be suicide, accidental drowning, murder whatever.... But if they weren't wearing running shoes their feet wouldn't float to the surface and travel for miles. Those parts of the world where running shoes are a rarity would have far less feet showing up (unless a strong current carried them thousands of miles from somewhere else).
    So in theory the Nike-clad feet of people from Florida to Cape Cod should be riding the Gulf Stream and washing ashore from Portugal to Ireland, like those notes-in-a-bottle do. I have the same question as Yoda: Does anyone know of any such reports?

I checked out some MSM and the Find Beau Rasmussen FB page for any details on footwear. All I could come up with was that all of his clothes were found in a pile on the beach. No mention of shoes. He was wearing black jeans and I can't imagine leaving shoes on while taking them off.

https://maps.google.com/maps?q=ocean...gl=us&t=m&z=12

I am not a map girl, this took forever! I wanted to show where Ocean Beach is in relation to the ocean. I would think the shoes/feet found on the west coast tend to travel south? I can't imagine they all come over like tsunami debris from Japan.

Since Ocean Beach is on the outside against the ocean, I'm wondering if this particular shoe/foot could have come from anywhere north of San Francisco?

The Golden Gate Bridge is north of Ocean Beach. I wonder if this foot belonged to an unrecovered suicide victim from the bridge?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast