The DNA Under ONE Fingernail

BlueCrab

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I just finished watching an interesting TV recap of the JonBenet Ramsey murder on the show "THS Investigates" on E! Entertainment Network. In it Dr. Cyril Wecht released an item of information that I was not aware. It was this:

The DNA on JonBenet, including the DNA on her clothes and under her fingernails, matched no known person -- EXCEPT THE DNA UNDER ONE FINGERNAIL.

Wecht didn't say whose DNA it was and he didn't elaborate. If I heard him correctly, this is significant. There was a lot of DNA under JonBenet's fingernails, but under ONE fingernail was the DNA of a known person.

Whose known DNA is under that one fingernail?

This is very interesting. Was this an old repeat show or a new release?

Cypros said:
This is very interesting. Was this an old repeat show or a new release?

Cypros,

It must be a new release. The show was well put together and, IMO, was recently made. They interviewed Michael Tracey, but it wasn't one of his productions. It had footage of almost all the main players.

This channel is currently running a marathon series of famous murder mysteries. The O.J. Simpson case preceded the Ramsey case; and the Laci Peterson case is showing right now.

EDITED to add that Voice of Reason, on another thread, said it first aired 1 1/2 years ago (October of 03). If that's true, I missed it big time. Must have been out of town.

BlueCrab said:
EDITED to add that Voice of Reason, on another thread, said it first aired 1 1/2 years ago (October of 03). If that's true, I missed it big time. Must have been out of town.

my information came from "my yahoo" which offers tv listings. when i clicked on the program, it said original airdate was october of 2003. i was unfortunately unable to watch this program today (and never saw it in 2003) so i can't really comment on the accuracy of yahoo's assessment...

Camper, and others west of the Mississippi, if this show on "E! Entertainment Network" will be shown at a later time this evening, please tape it or listen carefully to what Cyril Wecht said about the DNA. It surprised me when I heard Wecht say something about one fingernail containing the DNA of someone who is known. I could have heard it wrong, but I don't think so. Thanks.

BlueCrab said:
Camper, and others west of the Mississippi, if this show on "E! Entertainment Network" will be shown at a later time this evening, please tape it or listen carefully to what Cyril Wecht said about the DNA. It surprised me when I heard Wecht say something about one fingernail containing the DNA of someone who is known. I could have heard it wrong, but I don't think so. Thanks.

DNA found under JonBenet's fingernails?

Maybe he was talking about JonBenet's DNA...and that we know was mixed with degraded DNA.

I saw this earlier this evening. I thought Wecht said the DNA under the fingernail and a pubic hair matched, but it was NOT identifiable as anyone known. :confused:
Oh, I hope some of you will get a chance to watch it tonight!!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23
Back