709 users online (83 members and 626 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Question Northampton Clown terrorizes English town with creepy appearances

Dressed in clown suit that bears an eerie resemblance to Pennywise, the killer clown from Stephen King’s IT, a man calling himself the “Northampton Clown” is creeping out the town of Northampton, England.

The social-media savvy clown operates the Facebook page Spot Northampton’s Clown, posting pictures of himself dressed as the evil-looking clown lurking around the streets of Northampton.

People suffering from coulrophobia (fear of clowns) should take note — the man claiming to be the clown has a surprise for Northampton scheduled for the end of the week.

“I’ll be seeing you all very soon (in the day!) but i’m going to lay low for a bit as i have a big surprise for you all hopefully due at the end of the week!! Beep Beep!” the Northhampton clown wrote on his Facebook page Tuesday.

http://globalnews.ca/news/845027/nor...s-around-town/

yikes ... creepy

I hope this guy turns out to have good intentions but he must know that he's freaking people out

Quote Originally Posted by LadyL View Post
    yikes ... creepy

I hope this guy turns out to have good intentions but he must know that he's freaking people out
    Me too. Kinda cool in a creepy way, as long as he doesn't do anything bad....

Super creepy. I wonder what the surprise he has planned is?

There's been speculation on the radio over here (in Australia) that there may be a big product launch at the end of the week, and this whole thing is a way of drumming up publicity. Whatever it is, there's certainly a lot of hype surrounding this guy.

I think it's pretty funny, although I really wouldn't want to run into him. It's not that I'm scared of clowns, they just creep me out a bit.
    Hope is the thing with feathers that perches in the soul - and sings the tunes without the words - and never stops at all.
    Emily Dickinson

I take that back since I saw the FB page......

"Beep beep" is a direct reference to IT as was mentioned above. And anyone who has read the book or seen the movie is right to be creeped out by it.

I'm glad I live a LONG way from this...

Best-
    Herding Cats
    When you find yourself in the position to help somebody, do not feel burdened. Rather, feel happy and blessed because God is answering that person's prayer through you. In that moment, you are God's Angel - His door to reach through and bring light to someone who is struggling in the darkness.

Be God's Light. Be God's love. Be an answered prayer. Be God's Door.

Ummm, creepy. Kind of frightnening that he has a surprise...if I lived in that area, I think I would be leaving about mid-week for a few days. But then again, I am creeped out by clowns to begin with. Always have been, always will be.

Maybe his surprise is that he will be spotted with his little wee clowns in tow?

I hope, if this is an advertising stunt that there's some kind of repercussion from it. My first thought after reading the article was that the clown would reveal some kind of product after getting lots of publicity. This is too creepy for that after seeing the FB if indeed that is what it is.

Lol, I love it!

Performance art. Always a psychological study.

Unless I have included a link, it is my opinion and only my opinion that I am expressing.

Super creepy. Whatever that "Surprise" is seems ominous.

"We Float!" "Come Join us we all float down here!"

Pennywise the Clown
    Dont Be A Sheep

Quote Originally Posted by killarney rose View Post
    I take that back since I saw the FB page......
    Quote Originally Posted by killarney rose View Post
    I hope, if this is an advertising stunt that there's some kind of repercussion from it. My first thought after reading the article was that the clown would reveal some kind of product after getting lots of publicity. This is too creepy for that after seeing the FB if indeed that is what it is.
    I don't get it? The FB page looks pretty innocent to me? Anyway, he does post on there that he was interviewed by the Northhampton Chronicle and answers a few of the public's questions in that interview - supposed to be posted tonight or tomorrow morning.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast