Northampton Clown terrorizes English town with creepy appearances

Patience

Former Member
Reaction score
Dressed in clown suit that bears an eerie resemblance to Pennywise, the killer clown from Stephen King’s IT, a man calling himself the “Northampton Clown” is creeping out the town of Northampton, England.

The social-media savvy clown operates the Facebook page Spot Northampton’s Clown, posting pictures of himself dressed as the evil-looking clown lurking around the streets of Northampton.

People suffering from coulrophobia (fear of clowns) should take note — the man claiming to be the clown has a surprise for Northampton scheduled for the end of the week.

“I’ll be seeing you all very soon (in the day!) but i’m going to lay low for a bit as i have a big surprise for you all hopefully due at the end of the week!! Beep Beep!” the Northhampton clown wrote on his Facebook page Tuesday.

http://globalnews.ca/news/845027/no...ish-town-with-creepy-appearances-around-town/

yikes ... creepy

I hope this guy turns out to have good intentions but he must know that he's freaking people out

yikes ... creepy

I hope this guy turns out to have good intentions but he must know that he's freaking people out

Me too. Kinda cool in a creepy way, as long as he doesn't do anything bad....

Super creepy. I wonder what the surprise he has planned is?

There's been speculation on the radio over here (in Australia) that there may be a big product launch at the end of the week, and this whole thing is a way of drumming up publicity. Whatever it is, there's certainly a lot of hype surrounding this guy.

I think it's pretty funny, although I really wouldn't want to run into him. It's not that I'm scared of clowns, they just creep me out a bit.

"Beep beep" is a direct reference to IT as was mentioned above. And anyone who has read the book or seen the movie is right to be creeped out by it.

I'm glad I live a LONG way from this...

Best-
Herding Cats

Ummm, creepy. Kind of frightnening that he has a surprise...if I lived in that area, I think I would be leaving about mid-week for a few days. But then again, I am creeped out by clowns to begin with. Always have been, always will be.

Maybe his surprise is that he will be spotted with his little wee clowns in tow?

:clown::clown: :clown:

I hope, if this is an advertising stunt that there's some kind of repercussion from it. My first thought after reading the article was that the clown would reveal some kind of product after getting lots of publicity. This is too creepy for that after seeing the FB if indeed that is what it is.

Lol, I love it!

Performance art. Always a psychological study.

Super creepy. Whatever that "Surprise" is seems ominous.

"We Float!" "Come Join us we all float down here!"

Pennywise the Clown

I take that back since I saw the FB page......

I hope, if this is an advertising stunt that there's some kind of repercussion from it. My first thought after reading the article was that the clown would reveal some kind of product after getting lots of publicity. This is too creepy for that after seeing the FB if indeed that is what it is.

I don't get it? The FB page looks pretty innocent to me? Anyway, he does post on there that he was interviewed by the Northhampton Chronicle and answers a few of the public's questions in that interview - supposed to be posted tonight or tomorrow morning.

I don't get it? The FB page looks pretty innocent to me? Anyway, he does post on there that he was interviewed by the Northhampton Chronicle and answers a few of the public's questions in that interview - supposed to be posted tonight or tomorrow morning.

The one I saw showed him close up with bloody, pointed teeth.and he looked like an evil clown, not a happy one. Can I post the link if I can find it again?

I have always had a fear of ventriloquist dummies. The one's from way back. Clowns have freaked me out ever since seeing Brian Dennehy (sp?) play John Wayne Gacey. Stellar performance by Dennehy but the clown scene freaked me out. Glad I don't live there.

A little clown humor

image_zps8a48b26f.jpg

World Exclusive: Northampton Clown talks to the Chron about his appearances

In an exclusive interview with the Northampton Chronicle & Echo, the Clown said he could understand why people had been “extremely frightened” by him but he insisted his exploits were intended in good humour.

The clown, who wants to keep his real identity anonymous, said: “I just wanted to amuse people."

More at link:
http://www.northamptonchron.co.uk/n...-to-the-chron-about-his-appearances-1-5504392

Clowns is scurry, mmkay?

I would have P'dIMP had I seen that on the street at night.......:gasp:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998