1539 users online (257 members and 1282 guests)  

Websleuths News

NC - Glinda Pulley, 38, & Tyler Jones, 10, Hollister, 16 April 2005

Wow. I don't know what to say about this except it's heartbreaking!

Sudzi

I am from close to where this happened and I was just floored.You never think things like this will happen near you. My oldest boy will be 9 soon, and I cannot imagine him thinking up something like that. I wonder if maybe there was foul play, maybe someone set it up to look like a murder/suicide.If not, then what could have been going on to make a child kill his mother and himself?

Warren County Sheriff Johnny Williams tells WRAL that the note leads "us to believe that something that happened was staged."

Wonder what that remark about "staging" is in reference to...and wonder where the adult son was when this happened?

"Staged" strange way to describe a crime scene unless they believe someone else was there. Would love to hear more on this situation.

Sounds to me that they feel it may have been staged by someone else, blaming it on the kid. It says another son lived there, an adult son, wonder whether he has any insight into why this would happen?

Quote Originally Posted by LvsAMystry
    Sounds to me that they feel it may have been staged by someone else, blaming it on the kid. It says another son lived there, an adult son, wonder whether he has any insight into why this would happen?
    or if the adult son did it?

curious1 is offline So broccoli, mother says your good for me,well I'm afraid i'm not good for you!
    I am from NC and my mother is from Warren Co. Just knowing the area and the people from there nothing would suprise me, except to find out the 9 year old actually did this. I could buy a domestic situation or even drugs. That is one of the most economically depressed areas of the state and it has it's fair share of domestic violence and/or drugs. I was shocked when they announced it was the boy.

From April 2013:

http://www.wral.com/halifax-county-m...ires/12372858/

Public records show a Halifax County man profited from multiple deaths and suspicious fires across several North Carolina counties in the past eight years...

In 2005, a 38-year-old Warren County mother and her young son were shot to death. In 2012, a 29-year-old woman in Northampton County was also shot to death. Dennis Carter, of Enfield, profited financially from the women's life insurance policy and will, despite being a married man and unrelated to the victims...

Already stunned by the killings, family members said they were shocked to learn Glinda Pulley had $750,000 in life insurance policies and named her then-boyfriend's mother as the beneficiary. That boyfriend was Carter.