NC NC - Glinda Pulley, 38, & Tyler Jones, 10, Hollister, 16 April 2005

Wow. I don't know what to say about this except it's heartbreaking!

I am from close to where this happened and I was just floored.You never think things like this will happen near you. My oldest boy will be 9 soon, and I cannot imagine him thinking up something like that. I wonder if maybe there was foul play, maybe someone set it up to look like a murder/suicide.If not, then what could have been going on to make a child kill his mother and himself?

Warren County Sheriff Johnny Williams tells WRAL that the note leads "us to believe that something that happened was staged."

Wonder what that remark about "staging" is in reference to...and wonder where the adult son was when this happened?

"Staged" strange way to describe a crime scene unless they believe someone else was there. Would love to hear more on this situation.

Sounds to me that they feel it may have been staged by someone else, blaming it on the kid. It says another son lived there, an adult son, wonder whether he has any insight into why this would happen?

LvsAMystry said:
Sounds to me that they feel it may have been staged by someone else, blaming it on the kid. It says another son lived there, an adult son, wonder whether he has any insight into why this would happen?
or if the adult son did it?

I am from NC and my mother is from Warren Co. Just knowing the area and the people from there nothing would suprise me, except to find out the 9 year old actually did this. I could buy a domestic situation or even drugs. That is one of the most economically depressed areas of the state and it has it's fair share of domestic violence and/or drugs. I was shocked when they announced it was the boy.

From April 2013:

http://www.wral.com/halifax-county-man-profits-from-multiple-deaths-suspicious-fires/12372858/

Public records show a Halifax County man profited from multiple deaths and suspicious fires across several North Carolina counties in the past eight years...

In 2005, a 38-year-old Warren County mother and her young son were shot to death. In 2012, a 29-year-old woman in Northampton County was also shot to death. Dennis Carter, of Enfield, profited financially from the women's life insurance policy and will, despite being a married man and unrelated to the victims...

Already stunned by the killings, family members said they were shocked to learn Glinda Pulley had $750,000 in life insurance policies and named her then-boyfriend's mother as the beneficiary. That boyfriend was Carter.

Bump

I wish there was an expert child psychologist to comment on the likeliness of an elementary school child killing himself and his mother. I just don't see a child thinking that one up. Also thinking to write a suicide note! Where's forensics on this case!? Ballistics on the handgun, gunshot residue, and handwriting analysis. Was the suicide note ever released? What about the huge red flag of this Carter guy getting ahold of their life insurance policy!? The system failed this mother and son. Could they at the very least change their case of deaths from murder/suicide????

Bump

I wish there was an expert child psychologist to comment on the likeliness of an elementary school child killing himself and his mother. I just don't see a child thinking that one up. Also thinking to write a suicide note! Where's forensics on this case!? Ballistics on the handgun, gunshot residue, and handwriting analysis. Was the suicide note ever released? What about the huge red flag of this Carter guy getting ahold of their life insurance policy!? The system failed this mother and son. Could they at the very least change their case of deaths from murder/suicide????

Did you read this article?

Halifax County man profits from multiple deaths, suspicious fires :: WRAL.com

Already stunned by the killings, family members said they were shocked to learn Glinda Pulley had $750,000 in life insurance policies and named her then-boyfriend's mother as the beneficiary. That boyfriend was Carter.

Search warrants show Warren County deputies also had questions about Carter. Authorities discovered that he had complete control over his mother's finances and that he told Glinda Pulley to put his mother's name on an auto insurance policy because he was married.

Glinda Pulley faxed notes to the insurance companies, Farm Bureau and Nationwide, in the month leading up to her death, asking that Carter's mother not be made aware that she was the beneficiary of the life insurance policies. A Warren County detective wrote in a warrant that he believes Carter crafted the letters for Glinda Pulley.

Also, according to the warrants, Carter told Glinda Pulley’s son, Tyler, to get shotgun shells from a cousin's house two days earlier so they could hunt squirrels. The autopsies showed both Tyler and his mother died from shotgun blasts.

The above are some snippets from the link. (BBM)

The article also stated that Carter had posed as Glinda's fiancee to get a copy of her death certificate.

Also this search warrant is quite a read, and it seems like it might explain the life insurance policies.

https://wwwcache.wral.com/asset/new.../24/12375555/Search_Warrant_Dennis_Carter.pdf

Mr. Carter must have had some really uncomfortable moments while this investigation was going on.

One of the first things I read was either a description or a quote of the suicide note. Can't find it now, but it sounded very mature for a youngster. That's why I'm not sure if what I read might have been a description of the note written by an investigator or other adult. The sheriff's office apparently was investigating this as a homicide. Then SBI declared it a murder-suicide.

I had never heard of this case .. and it kept me up the rest of the night.. Ugh! Bad day coming up.

This is definitely jmo, imo, etc etc etc. Also, wthdik?

I just watched a documentary on this show in an episode of Still a Mystery. The boyfriend did this! I cannot believe the local sheriff thought a baby could concoct something like a murder-suicide. The boyfriend planted the idea! Also, he had a 700K insurance policy on the mother. They were supposed to get married, but on the eve of the wedding, they learned he was already married. He didn't attend either funeral. And a few years later, his next girlfriend was murdered! I am so angry, because he has never been prosecuted. Apparently, the local cops were completely incompetent.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branditau.wareham72@gmail
Back