Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: KS - Dave Welch, 54, Manhattan, 2 September 2013

KS - Dave Welch, 54, Manhattan, 2 September 2013

Dave Welch has been missing since September 2nd when left his home in Manhattan in his maroon 2000 Pontiac Montana minivan with Kansas license plate # 577 FLR. He was reported missing that day but police were not concerned for his safety at that time. When he did not return home by the following day police were called again. Neither he or his van have been located yet. Dave's wife is an author and professor at Kansas State University and was a professor of mine a number of years ago. Dave and his wife have four sons and his family is very worried about him.

Here's an article about Dave's disappearance, I will post a picture of him when I'm not posting from my phone.
    http://www.wibw.com/home/headlines/M...224258151.html

2. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to ksprincess For This Useful Post:

FINALLY.....I have been getting FB posts on this for almost two weeks, and media didn't seem to be covering it at all so I could not post any information. Thanks for starting this, I searched before posting a new thread and found it was already here.

https://www.facebook.com/KansasMissingAndUnsolved

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to raeann For This Useful Post:

Message sent from his wife who is a professor at Kansas State University:

“Dave, Sweetheart, if you see or hear this…..just know that we are all here waiting with open arms for you to return. I know you’re hurting….but we’re a great team, you and me, and we’ve weathered worse storms than what you’re going through now. After 37 years together, you’re half my heart and right now I can only take it minute by minute. I need you home. The grandbaby needs her Papa home. WE LOVE YOU. Please, please, please come back to us.”

He has not had his medication and may be suffering from dementia.

http://www.hayspost.com/2013/09/19/s...-man-underway/

6. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to raeann For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by raeann View Post
    FINALLY.....I have been getting FB posts on this for almost two weeks, and media didn't seem to be covering it at all so I could not post any information. Thanks for starting this, I searched before posting a new thread and found it was already here.

https://www.facebook.com/KansasMissingAndUnsolved
    I had also been seeing it on facebook and hearing around town that he was missing but couldn't figure out why there was no media about it, so when I saw an article yesterday I jumped on the chance to start a thread and get his name out. Thank you for posting the missing poster that has a pic of him and the article with quote from his wife. Her message to him breaks my heart to read. I'm sad to hear he may have dementia at 54, so young for that! I wonder why police don't put out a silver alert for him.

8. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ksprincess For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by raeann View Post
    Message sent from his wife who is a professor at Kansas State University:

“Dave, Sweetheart, if you see or hear this…..just know that we are all here waiting with open arms for you to return. I know you’re hurting….but we’re a great team, you and me, and we’ve weathered worse storms than what you’re going through now. After 37 years together, you’re half my heart and right now I can only take it minute by minute. I need you home. The grandbaby needs her Papa home. WE LOVE YOU. Please, please, please come back to us.”

He has not had his medication and may be suffering from dementia.

http://www.hayspost.com/2013/09/19/s...-man-underway/
    This is heartbreaking.
    "All your life, all your love, all your hate, all your memory, all your pain, it was all the same thing. It was all the same dream—a dream that you had inside a locked room. A dream about being a person.” - True Detective

Help Save the Next Girl. http://helpsavethenextgirl.com

Help Find Shane Fell. Http://helpfindshanefell.com

10. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to ktgirl For This Useful Post:

Dave is still missing. I haven't found any new msm about him but his wife has said on facebook that he has not used his credit cards at all. He may have been sighted in Great Bend, Liberal and Haysville Kansas. Hopefully these sightings are actually him and someone can help him come home to his family.

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ksprincess For This Useful Post:

Find Dave Welch facebook page, no new info on it yet but some more pictures of. If you have facebook please share, especially sleuthers in Kansas or Oklahoma.

https://m.facebook.com/?_rdr#!/findd..._user=17002105

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ksprincess For This Useful Post:

I am from Emporia, not far from Manhattan. I blogged about this case today. There are way to many unanswered questions and I have a feeling Dr. Welch could be doing more to get this in the press. Someone knows where Dave is.
    http://www.thenilaughed.com/2013/09/...ave-welch.html

16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to KansasMama For This Useful Post:

My ex- lives in Manhattan and hadn't even heard of the case, and she's a pretty "newsy" type of person.
    We are, I know not how, double in ourselves, so that what we believe we disbelieve, and cannot rid ourselves of what we condemn. (Michel de Montaigne)

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to wfgodot For This Useful Post:

I would agree. This could be all over the news if she wanted it to be.

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to KansasMama For This Useful Post:

Interesting Post

https://www.facebook.com/finddavewelch Did you see the posts on the facebook page. Looks like a reporter has been attempting to contact Kelly with no response from her. If a reporter wants to do a show on your missing husband how do you not respond????

22. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to KansasMama For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by KansasMama View Post
    I am from Emporia, not far from Manhattan. I blogged about this case today. There are way to many unanswered questions and I have a feeling Dr. Welch could be doing more to get this in the press. Someone knows where Dave is.
    http://www.thenilaughed.com/2013/09/...ave-welch.html
    KansasMama I have read your blog before! I love blogs about adoption and I'm sure that's why I have read it before. I do agree that its odd that Kelly hasn't been doing more to get her husbands story out there especially because she is an outspoken person who is well known here. They also have 4 sons who I believe are all adults now who could be speaking out and trying to get more media attention.

I just saw on facebook that there was a possible sighting of him in Pittsburgh, Ks.
    Last edited by ksprincess; 10-02-2013 at 09:30 PM. Reason: spelling

24. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ksprincess For This Useful Post:

tarabull is online now Sometimes learning is finding out what we already know.
    WHERE IS DAVE?

26. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to tarabull For This Useful Post:

I just saw the possible sighting information too! What is odd is that the page admins were asking people if it had been reported to police, etc. Wouldn't Kelly or the admins be the ones to be reporting? This whole thing blows my mind. It just feels so backwards and unorganized. If this was my husband I would be calling law enforcement in every town in Kansas, dropping off flyers, something. No one seems to know what in the heck is going on.

And thanks so much for visiting my blog. Such a small world! :-)

28. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to KansasMama For This Useful Post:

I just saw the possible sighting information too! What is odd is that the page admins were asking people if it had been reported to police, etc. Wouldn't Kelly or the admins be the ones to be reporting? This whole thing blows my mind. It just feels so backwards and unorganized. If this was my husband I would be calling law enforcement in every town in Kansas, dropping off flyers, something. No one seems to know what in the heck is going on.

And thanks so much for visiting my blog. Such a small world! :-)
    It is odd. But I suppose - well, what do I suppose. It's just odd.

I see someone from my old school, Pittsburg State, has volunteered to help.

And meanwhile, in Manhattan, my ex- has still heard nothing about this except what I told her on FB the other night.
    We are, I know not how, double in ourselves, so that what we believe we disbelieve, and cannot rid ourselves of what we condemn. (Michel de Montaigne)

30. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to wfgodot For This Useful Post:

Does anyone have any idea what Dave does for a living. I have heard he is a truck driver but haven't been able to confirm that?

32. The Following User Says Thank You to KansasMama For This Useful Post:

http://www.thenilaughed.com/2013/10/...ave-welch.html

Here is a link to my most recent post. I linked to several news articles, etc. Wish we knew the real story!

34. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to KansasMama For This Useful Post:

Does anyone have any idea what Dave does for a living. I have heard he is a truck driver but haven't been able to confirm that?
    I know that Dave was a delivery truck driver for Frito Lay, however I'm not sure if he was currently working at the time of his disappearance, I will ask a friends husband who worked with him.

36. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to ksprincess For This Useful Post:

Anyone heard anything lately. I've found no new press...

38. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to KansasMama For This Useful Post:

Anyone heard anything lately. I've found no new press...
    Nope nothing at all...which is so odd because there's nothing else going on around here to report or talk about. I have been watching the facebook page but no new info there. I guess I didn't post it on here but there was a press release last week from RCPD saying he's still missing and that's about all it said.
    http://www.rileycountypolice.org/new...idered-missing

40. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ksprincess For This Useful Post:

I want to know why his wife, father, kids and sister are not pounding the media to find him. Something is amiss. What is the real story? Dave are you safe and do not want to be found? I imagine all of these people love you and want you back in their lives and the silence is deafening. What is up here??

42. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to cleverella For This Useful Post:

Hello and welcome to WS, cleverella.

44. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wfgodot For This Useful Post:

Manhattan Man Still Considered Missing

http://www.wibw.com/home/headlines/M...227832991.html

By: Monty Thompson
    Posted: Tue 11:06 AM, Oct 15, 2013

<snipped>
    Welch is still considered missing and at this time there is no information leading investigators to believe that he may be the victim of foul play. Those with information about or know the whereabouts of David Welch are encouraged to contact the Riley County Police Department (785-537-2112) or the Manhattan Riley County Crime Stoppers (785-539-7777).

46. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to summer_breeze For This Useful Post:

There have been numerous attempts by the media to cover this but the Welch family has turned them down. Something is very amiss. Dr. Welch has been all over Facebook lately talking about how RCPD didn't issue the silver alert. I feel like she says a lot on Facebook but then when opportunities are actually presented that would be helpful she shoots it down. Very strange!

48. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to KansasMama For This Useful Post:

50. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to CatFancier For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast