1082 users online (216 members and 866 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
    Absolutely thrilled with this news! I was so sure these three would never be found, and am very happy to be wrong about that.

We have more than 200 lakes here in Oklahoma and I'm hoping LE takes that sonar equipment on a grand tour of all of them.

6 Bodies Found in Western Oklahoma Lake - General Discussion

Authorities in Custer County, Oklahoma say they're seeking information from the public after skeletal remains of five people were discovered in two cars in Foss Lake on Tuesday afternoon.

http://www.everythinglubbock.com/sto...BEKVVn7nuQYjCw

2 cars, 5 bodies and one of the cars is a 50's model.

Possibly the bodies of 16-year-old Jimmy Allen Williams, 18-year-old Leah Gail Johnson, and 18-year-old Thomas Michael Rios who were reported missing November 20th, 1970.
    Last edited by Salem; 09-18-2013 at 10:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by momrids6 View Post
    and the rear of it seems wrecked- front is intact. Could they have been hit from behind?
    Probably, by the yet unidentified couple driving the other car. How sad.

Missing

Quote Originally Posted by momtective View Post
    Probably, by the yet unidentified couple driving the other car. How sad.
    Interesting theory, the other car looks pretty intact tho ? The camaro has no back end?? Or is it just the angle?

Mark

Plus the 50's car went missing in the early 60's?

Mark

Again, I mention how many of theses'missing and the car is missing too' stories end up with water.

I read that all the parents have passed away in the intervening years, never knowing what happened to their children. So sad.....
    Six-year-old Shannon Sherrill disappeared from her front yard in Thorntown, Indiana in October, 1986. Someone knows where she is......

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...annon+sherrill

Again, I mention how many of these 'missing and the car is missing too' stories end up with water.

I read that all the parents have passed away in the intervening years, never knowing what happened to their children. So sad.....
    Six-year-old Shannon Sherrill disappeared from her front yard in Thorntown, Indiana in October, 1986. Someone knows where she is......

Updated (can't find the link right now) says that there are actually six sets of remains.

Quote Originally Posted by momtective View Post
    Authorities in Custer County, Oklahoma say they're seeking information from the public after skeletal remains of five people were discovered in two cars in Foss Lake on Tuesday afternoon.

http://www.everythinglubbock.com/sto...BEKVVn7nuQYjCw

2 cars, 5 bodies and one of the cars is a 50's model.

Possibly the bodies of 16-year-old Jimmy Allen Williams, 18-year-old Leah Gail Johnson, and 18-year-old Thomas Michael Rios who were reported missing November 20th, 1970.
    It says in the article that the three teens were last seen riding around Sayre in Jimmy's 1969 Chevrolet Camaro.and from the photo, the back of one car is showing and it looks to me like the back of a '69 Camaro. I hope this brings some closure to some families. Very sad that young lives were cut short.

The front view is DEFINITELY a '69 Camaro. It has to be them. Not sure about the other car. (It looks more like a late 40's to me).

Here is the thread for the 3 missing teens listed above.

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=201281"]OK OK - Leah Johnson (18), Thomas Rios (18), & Jimmy Williams (16), Sayre, 20 Nov 1970 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

OK:Police using new sonar equipment, find 2 cars w/bodies, 2 separate cold cases

http://www.news9.com/story/23456704/...-custer-county

Two Cars Containing Skeletal Remains Pulled From Lake In Custer County

Posted: Sep 17, 2013 3:53 PM EDT
    Updated: Sep 17, 2013 6:50 PM EDT
    By Deanne Stein, News9.com - email

The Custer County Sheriff's Department is seeking information from the public after the skeletal remains of six people were discovered in Foss Lake.

The bodies could be that of (from left) Jimmy Allen Williams, Leah Gail Johnson and Thomas Michael Rios. The teens were reported missing November 20, 1970, last seen riding around Sayre, Oklahoma in Jimmy’s 1969 Chevrolet Camaro.

CUSTER COUNTY, Oklahoma - The Custer County Sheriff's Department is seeking information from the public after the skeletal remains of six people in two separate cars were discovered in Foss Lake Tuesday afternoon.
    According to OHP, the cars were discovered during a training session with a new sonar device.

Crews pulled two vehicles from the lake in Custer County. The first was an early 1950's model car that had three bodies inside. Sheriff Bruce Peoples told the Elk City Daily News he believes the remains belong to a couple last seen in Canute in the early 1960s. The two were reportedly on their way to Foss Lake and never seen again. It's unknown who they believe is the third body.

The second car pulled from the lake also had three bodies inside, believed to be three teenagers reported missing from the Sayre area in the early 1970s.
    6slideshow photoCars Containing Skeletal Remains Found At Foss LakeSee the Cars Containing Skeletal Remains Found At Foss Lake SlideshowSee All Slideshows

The bodies could be that of Jimmy Allen Williams, 16, Leah Gail Johnson, 18, and Thomas Michael Rios, 18. The teens were reported missing November 20, 1970, last seen riding around Sayre in Jimmy's 1969 Chevrolet Camaro.

If you have any information about these cases, call the Custer County Sheriff's Office at 580-323-1616.

Very sad, and eerie...

Answers for somebody, though.

alreetlike is offline All human wisdom is summed up in these two words -- wait and hope
    Quote Originally Posted by Backwoods View Post
    Very sad, and eerie...

Answers for somebody, though.
    ^This, but totally fascinating as well. Just saw the link posted by the Grateful Doe Facebook page and had to come straight over here to check out the discussions.

Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast