OK Foss lake Discovery

If you know something about this case maybe you should write what you know like put down what happend and where it all happend did all 3 go missing at the same time where from like a party or what if you have a few details it may bring someone else that says oh ya i remember that now..worth a shot..brought me here i was intrigued wanted to read what happend ...

Circumstances of Disappearance
Jimmy and his friends, Thomas Rios and Leah Johnson were last seen in Sayre, Oklahoma on the night of November 20, 1970.

Jimmy had a part time job at Hartman’s Seventh Street Grocery store. Owned and operated by Pete and Bess Hartman, the Seventh Street Grocery was a little neighborhood grocery store and meat market. Jimmy worked there after school and on Saturdays. At least a part of Jimmy's earnings went towards payment on a 1969 Chevrolet Camaro. With a little help from his Mom and Dad, Jimmy had just purchased the Camaro six days prior to his disappearance. The '69 Camaro was dark blue with a white vinyl top. It had a white stripe around the nose and 2 stripes extending up the hood on both sides of centerline.

One of Jimmy's hobbies was hunting. He had a 12 gauge shotgun and a .22 pistol, and had many hunting buddies. One of his hunting buddies, Doug, went to school at Elk City which was located about 15 miles East of Sayre (Jimmy was a junior at Sayre High School). Doug played on Elk City's football team, which on Friday night November 20, 1970 was involved in an Oklahoma class 2A high school playoff football game against Watonga.

On this night, Jim was going to get off work a little early. Even though it was payday, Jim elected to leave his check until the following day. Pete Hartman remembers Jim waving back as he walked to his car, he was smiling as he hollered back "see ya tomorrow". When Jimmy left the house that night, he told his mom he was going to the football game at Elk City. But, before he left for the evening, he backed his car up close to the back door and loaded up some shotguns into the trunk with the help of one of his younger brother's.

In actuality, after talking to some of Jimmy's friends, it became evident that Jimmy was not going to go the football game, but instead he was going to go hunting down Turkey Creek road with Thomas Rios and Leah Johnson. Jimmy had also invited one of his best friends, named Wayne, to go along, but Wayne declined because that many people in a small car made it too crowded.

Jim never came home that night, nor did Leah Gail Johnson, or Thomas Michael Rios. Jimmy's car has never been located.

In the days after the kids disappeared, a red (possibly orange) Corvette was found abandoned out on Turkey Creek road. The car had been burned, and the glass had been broken. This car was a stolen vehicle with California plates.

There are many theories about what happened to the trio that night. Some people believe the kids were kidnapped by drug smugglers who were using the Delhi airport as a drop point for illegal drugs.

That's what I found.

Circumstances of Disappearance
Jimmy and his friends, Thomas Rios and Leah Johnson were last seen in Sayre, Oklahoma on the night of November 20, 1970.

Jimmy had a part time job at Hartman’s Seventh Street Grocery store. Owned and operated by Pete and Bess Hartman, the Seventh Street Grocery was a little neighborhood grocery store and meat market. Jimmy worked there after school and on Saturdays. At least a part of Jimmy's earnings went towards payment on a 1969 Chevrolet Camaro. With a little help from his Mom and Dad, Jimmy had just purchased the Camaro six days prior to his disappearance. The '69 Camaro was dark blue with a white vinyl top. It had a white stripe around the nose and 2 stripes extending up the hood on both sides of centerline.

One of Jimmy's hobbies was hunting. He had a 12 gauge shotgun and a .22 pistol, and had many hunting buddies. One of his hunting buddies, Doug, went to school at Elk City which was located about 15 miles East of Sayre (Jimmy was a junior at Sayre High School). Doug played on Elk City's football team, which on Friday night November 20, 1970 was involved in an Oklahoma class 2A high school playoff football game against Watonga.

On this night, Jim was going to get off work a little early. Even though it was payday, Jim elected to leave his check until the following day. Pete Hartman remembers Jim waving back as he walked to his car, he was smiling as he hollered back "see ya tomorrow". When Jimmy left the house that night, he told his mom he was going to the football game at Elk City. But, before he left for the evening, he backed his car up close to the back door and loaded up some shotguns into the trunk with the help of one of his younger brother's.

In actuality, after talking to some of Jimmy's friends, it became evident that Jimmy was not going to go the football game, but instead he was going to go hunting down Turkey Creek road with Thomas Rios and Leah Johnson. Jimmy had also invited one of his best friends, named Wayne, to go along, but Wayne declined because that many people in a small car made it too crowded.

Jim never came home that night, nor did Leah Gail Johnson, or Thomas Michael Rios. Jimmy's car has never been located.

In the days after the kids disappeared, a red (possibly orange) Corvette was found abandoned out on Turkey Creek road. The car had been burned, and the glass had been broken. This car was a stolen vehicle with California plates.

There are many theories about what happened to the trio that night. Some people believe the kids were kidnapped by drug smugglers who were using the Delhi airport as a drop point for illegal drugs.

That's what I found.

Thank you.

Yes, the drug smuggler scenario sounds plausible. Not unlike the Kevin Ives/Don Henry murder case in Arkansas in 1987. They were going out to hunt as well and are believed to have seen a drug drop and that the smuggler's killed them to ensure their silence.

This is only my second post on WS so I'm not sure what mentions of other websites are and are not allowed, but I recently found the disappearance of these three teenagers being hashed out on a discussion forum that begins with a T and ends with an X. I might add that I had to wear hip waders; it got pretty deep over there.

The most plausible theory I saw was that I-40 was still under construction in the Sayre area at that time; the Red River passes nearby and the pilings dug for the bridge would have contained some water until the concrete was poured. If the teens drove out that way and the car accidentally went nose-first into a water-filled piling, it would explain how the kids and the car vanished so completely.

This is only my second post on WS so I'm not sure what mentions of other websites are and are not allowed, but I recently found the disappearance of these three teenagers being hashed out on a discussion forum that begins with a T and ends with an X. I might add that I had to wear hip waders; it got pretty deep over there.

The most plausible theory I saw was that I-40 was still under construction in the Sayre area at that time; the Red River passes nearby and the pilings dug for the bridge would have contained some water until the concrete was poured. If the teens drove out that way and the car accidentally went nose-first into a water-filled piling, it would explain how the kids and the car vanished so completely.

Was the Red River, or any rivers in the area searched for evidence? I don't think the trio just took off on their own.

Satch

were the families of the 2 other boys with him ever interviewed to get their side of the story? Someone must have seen something but isn't not saying anything.

Was the Red River, or any rivers in the area searched for evidence? I don't think the trio just took off on their own.

Satch

Well, if the piling theory is correct, the three teenagers and the car are encased in concrete. Part of the bridge forevermore, or at least as long as it's still standing.

I'm from the opposite end of the state, so cannot vouch for how thoroughly LE did their jobs in this instance. From what I remember reading on Topix, it didn't seem that the locals held them in high regard.

CUSTER COUNTY, Oklahoma - The Custer County Sheriff's Department is seeking information from the public after the skeletal remains of five people in two separate cars were discovered in Foss Lake Tuesday afternoon.

According to OHP, the cars were discovered during a training session with a new sonar device.

Crews pulled two vehicles from the lake in Custer County. The first was a 1957-model car that had two bodies inside. Sheriff Bruce Peoples told the Elk City Daily News he believes the remains belong to a couple last seen in Canute in the early 1960's. The two were reportedly on their way to Foss Lake and never seen again.

The second car pulled from the lake had three bodies inside, believed to be three teenagers reported missing from the Sayre area in the early 1970's.

The bodies could be that of Jimmy Allen Williams, 16, Leah Gail Johnson, 18, and Thomas Michael Rios, 18. The teens were reported missing November 20, 1970, last seen riding around Sayre in Jimmy's 1969 Chevrolet Camaro.

---
http://www.news9.com/story/23456704...five-people-pulled-from-lake-in-custer-county

It seems things that were hidden are coming to light.

i was just coming to post this......

What was the make and model of the second car? Very fascinating story, sad though.

That is a really big lake (actually it's a reservoir) , I hope that LE are going to search more areas of it. If they were found near the marina it doesn't seem like there many roads into it. I wonder if the surrounding roads are a lot higher than the water level and cars could have maybe rolled down a hill? I'm terrible at telling topography from maps. The attached is from Google Earth.

I'm really glad that the families will have some answers after all this time. We don't often see that here, so that is GREAT NEWS!

ALWAYS MOO

Attachments

• Foss Reservoir Marina.jpg
    Foss Reservoir Marina.jpg
    104.2 KB · Views: 312
Car in news article looks like a Chevy Camaro

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics