OK OK - Jimmy Williams (16), Sayre, 20 Nov 1970

This case still hold's some elements of mystery for the family (younger brother) mainly as well as myself. My starting point now is at the boat ramp where the 69 Camaro entered and was pulled from at Foss Lake. I took notice of the road leading into the park along with how the roads were laid out in the park, parking area and the ramp that lead's to the water. It was mentioned by those investigating the case that if one doesn't know the roads in the ramp area that they could make a wrong turn and end up in the water, hmmm. One even if lost will make an effort to look for signs or anything to get them back around to an exit and out of there and most all public parks with boat access that Ive been to have sign's, direction arrows and so on. Alcohol containers were found in the car which can be a strike so to speak against the person at the wheel being impaired but the ability to verify that with blood samples and such has vanished with time. Now we touch on the mechanical side of this case which many sleuths overlook due to mechanical knowledge. As for myself I've learned to become a jack of all trades, almost lol due to the fact that I just don't want to dish out the money it would take to fix all things that break down on me. Coming from a family of auto mechanics some of the responses from the mechanic that looked over the car doesn't add up. I myself owned and drove the heck out of my own 69 Camaro back in the early 80's so get some insight on the vehicle pulled from Foss lake. The mechanic said the right lower motor mount was damaged along with the fuel pump located on the right lower front of the motor and the radiator fan. I can say that entering water even at a higher rate of speed and at a slight down word incline won't cause damage to the motor mount which is designed to hold a V8 engine in place and take the tork it puts out. The fuel pump is solid as well and other then taking a stray rock, large limb ect. can hold up. The fan is easier to damage but sit's up in the front of the engine and has a shroud the surrounds it. The damage seems to come from joy riding down dirt backroads and objects are thrown up into the engine bay, not a Dukes of Hazzard launch into water. The mechanic said the car was in low gear yet the younger brother of JW who looked over the car on location said it was in neutral and even took his own pics, showed the mechanic who then refused to comment on it at all. The pics from the investigation show no damage to the lower cowl, fog light's, grill or headlight's which would show damage from and good impact first, mainly the lower cowl in front. We have an idea how water surface tension works, belly flops and once the tension is broken its smooth sailing. The younger brother also said the car was facing the ramp as they hooked on to pull it out, hmmm. The case has been closed and the family has settled it within themselves and happy he's home but the younger brother was always unsettled in a way about certain aspect's of the findings which differed from his as well as mine. Oh the windows were all up and if it was a ole hand crank window one would think that those kids would at least make an attempt to exit before it slipped beneath the surface. just alittle to chew on.

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Snugglebear
Back