OK John Alva Porter (69), 8 April 1969

Houston Mom

Reaction score
It seems they now feel Nora Duncan and Porter are UID. Can't find any mention of Clayborn,

"At the lake, Ervie Porter, the son of missing John Alva Porter, watched as investigators crawled around the cars. Now 85, the son suffers dementia and told KFOR that seeing what could be his father's car didn't conjure up clues about his disappearance.

"I just appreciate everything everybody has done to help," Ervie Porter said."

http://www.cnn.com/2013/09/18/us/oklahoma-lake-car-bodies/index.html

http://edition.cnn.com/2013/09/18/us/oklahoma-lake-car-bodies/
Bbm. So bitter-sweet..
"A grandfather disappears and leaves 'no trace at all'

Debbie McManaman said she believes the older car contains the remains of her grandfather, John Alva Porter.

CNN could not reach Peoples for comment.

Porter, then 69, was traveling in a green Chevy with a sibling, Alrie Porter, and friend Nora Marie Duncan, 58, on April 8, 1969, when they all went missing, said Mike Nance, regional system administrator for the National Missing and Unidentified Persons System.

"We never gave up, we always wanted some clue that somebody knew something," McManaman told the station.

"It's been very traumatic -- I can remember my dad having dreams at night and getting in the car as soon as he was off from his day job, taking my mom, and they would look and look and look -- any trace," McManaman said.

"I mean, he was just gone, " she continued. "No trace at all. His money was in the bank, his house was intact and he was gone. So over 40 years, we've been looking for him.

"It's just a lot of mystery," she said.

At the lake, Ervie Porter, the son of missing John Alva Porter, watched as investigators crawled around the cars. Now 85, the son suffers dementia and told KFOR that seeing what could be his father's car didn't conjure up clues about his disappearance.

"I just appreciate everything everybody has done to help," Ervie Porter said"

Interesting that according to the above posted missing record the older car disappeared in April of 1969. NOT a decade before the kids in the Camaro....just 1 and 1/2 years!!!!

Also interesting that they give a total of FOUR people assumed to have been in the older car. ERLIE Porter, JOHN ALVA Porter, Clayburn Hammock and Nora Duncan. Hopefully family members and others who remain in the area from 1969 will be able to confirm whether all FOUR of those people did go missing at the same time.

jmo

Interesting that according to the above posted missing record the older car disappeared in April of 1969. NOT a decade before the kids in the Camaro....just 1 and 1/2 years!!!!

Also interesting that they give a total of FOUR people assumed to have been in the older car. ERLIE Porter, JOHN ALVA Porter, Clayburn Hammock and Nora Duncan. Hopefully family members and others who remain in the area from 1969 will be able to confirm whether all FOUR of those people did go missing at the same time.

jmo

Wait, does it say four in the older car, now? Maybe they updated the articles since I read any of them. When I read about it, it said just had three. John Alva Porter, Nora Marie Duncan and John's brother, Alrie Porter. I can't find anything on Clayburn Hammock. I better go back and read again.

It is kind of odd that with all the people that went missing in the old Chevy there isn't much about it before now :(

Wait, does it say four in the older car, now? Maybe they updated the articles since I read any of them. When I read about it, it said just had three. John Alva Porter, Nora Marie Duncan and John's brother, Alrie Porter. I can't find anything on Clayburn Hammock. I better go back and read again.

It is kind of odd that with all the people that went missing in the old Chevy there isn't much about it before now :(

No....the missing registry gives three names....and the local info from the article gives three names.....but there are FOUR different names between the two sources. As of now they are still saying 3 sets of remains inside the car.

jmo

Oh, my gosh, has it really been a year since the cars were found in the lake? I guess it has.

http://www.news9.com/story/26503148/family-reacts-after-mans-remains-were-pulled-from-foss-lake

The medical examiner just identified the remains of John Alva Porter last week, confirming the family's fears...

“It's been a crazy year; it's been a blessed year. It's been a relief. It's been closure,” Debbie McManaman said...

McManaman's grandfather was driving the old Chevy. She recalls the day he went missing. “I remember it very well, because I remember that week in Elk City, people were talking and wondering where are they,” McManaman recalled. She was 13 years old, and her grandfather suddenly vanished.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
McKeith
Back