GUILTY IL - Nassim Davoodi, 14, raped & murdered, Bartlett, 31 May 2002

mysteriew

A diamond in process
Reaction score
Nearly three years after Nassim Davoodi disappeared on her way home from Bartlett High School, her loss still staggers relatives.

That pain will only worsen this week when the first of two men accused of abducting, raping and suffocating the 14-year-old Carol Stream girl goes on trial in Rolling Meadows, her father says.

"We want to see Nassim get her justice; she deserves that,'' said her dad, Jamal Davoodi. "But it will be hard for us.''

Nassim, a dark-eyed freshman who was the youngest of four children and dreamed of being a professional singer, vanished May 31, 2002.

Authorities say she made a fatal mistake in accepting a ride home with a 16-year-old male schoolmate and two older men: Turner Reeves III of Hanover Park and Skyler Chambers of Hayward, Calif.

http://www.suntimes.com/output/news/cst-nws-davoodi18.html

A California man whose trial starts this week in Cook County faces the death penalty if convicted of kidnapping, raping and murdering a Carol Stream girl to whom he offered a ride home from Bartlett High School in 2002.

Freshman Nassim Davoodi, 14, was leaving school and saw two young men, one of whom she knew as the cousin of a classmate.

She was offered a ride from them and accepted.

Five days later her body was found in a shallow grave in a wooded area near Long Grove in Lake County. An autopsy indicated she had been raped before she was strangled and suffocated.

An investigation by police from many law enforcement agencies resulted in two men being charged with murder, sexual assault, kidnapping, child abduction and concealment of a homicide. The men had become friends over the Internet.

Skyler Chambers, 23, of Hayward, Calif., is on trial this week while the trial for Turner Reeves III, 24, of Hanover Park, is scheduled later this year.

Prosecutors are seeking the death penalty for both.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/chi-0504190269apr19,1,1457624.story?coll=chi-newslocal-hed

After five days of calling police and posting photos of her missing 14-year-old daughter throughout the northwest suburbs in June 2002, Juanita Davoodi was angry when she arrived at her Carol Stream home and found detectives gathered in her living room.

"What are you doing here?" she shouted at them. "Why aren't you looking for my daughter?"

Their answer to that question was the realization of her worst fears: The body of Nassim Davoodi, a freshman at Bartlett High School, had been found in a shallow grave in Lake County.

"I wanted to go see the girl right away," Juanita Davoodi told a jury Tuesday at the murder trial of Skyler Chambers, one of two men charged with her daughter's kidnapping, rape and murder.

"I knew it wasn't my daughter," she testified as she gasped for air and fought back tears. "I didn't want it to be anybody else's daughter, but I thought it couldn't be mine.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/chi-0504200238apr20,1,2052029.story?coll=chi-newslocal-hed

I hate to say I support the death penalty but it's cases like this that the DEATH PENALTY WAS CREATED FOR!! I would feel NO remorse about pushing the button MYSELF! :furious:

Chambers, 23, was convicted in April of kidnap, rape and murder charges in the girl's death, but his attorneys have argued that a co-defendant, Turner Reeves III, actually attacked and killed the teenager. They have acknowledged Chambers was present when the teen was slain and that he helped bury her body in a makeshift grave in rural Lake County.

Judge Joseph Urso, who presided over Chambers' trial earlier this year, said Friday he had no doubts that Chambers helped suffocate the Carol Stream girl during a May 31, 2002, sexual assault in a Hanover Park garage.

"This defendant took an active part in the killing,'' Urso said as he found Chambers eligible for a death sentence. "This defendant acted with real intent to kill this poor, helpless victim.''

The ruling means Chambers could receive a death sentence when he is sentenced later this year. If Chambers doesn't receive the death penalty, he faces a maximum sentence of life in prison. http://www.suntimes.com/output/news/cst-nws-davoodi30.html

Skyler Chambers, 23, was convicted in April of murder in the death of Nassim Davoodi, 14, a freshman at Bartlett High School. Another defendant, Turner Reeves III, 25, of Hanover Park, is awaiting trial on charges in the case. A status hearing in Chambers' case is scheduled for Aug. 23 in the Rolling Meadows branch of Cook County Circuit Court. The hearing will come before Judge Joseph Urso, who presided over Chambers' jury trial in April and who ruled Friday that he is eligible for the death penalty.

Chambers, of Hayward, Calif., will face a hearing on reasons for and against the death penalty. Sentencing, which will be imposed by Urso, will then follow.

Chambers and Reeves are alleged to have picked up Davoodi on May 31, 2002, and told her they would take her to a shopping mall, but instead took her to Reeves' home, where they raped her, according to testimony at Chambers' trial.

Reeves choked and smothered Davoodi in the back seat of his car while Chambers held her down, according to testimony. Her body was buried in a shallow grave near Long Grove, according to the charges.
http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/chi-0507300242jul30,1,6442949.story?coll=chi-newslocal-hed

A Hanover Park man who blamed a friend for the 2002 murder of 14-year-old Nassim Davoodi but admitted he helped bury her body was convicted Monday of raping and suffocating the Bartlett High School freshman.

Jurors deliberated for about 41/2 hours before rejecting last-minute testimony from 25-year-old Turner Reeves III that he played no role in the Carol Stream girl's death.

Instead, the Cook County jury convicted Reeves of first-degree murder and three other felonies stemming from Nassim's death -- a verdict that family members said brought a measure of relief.
http://www.suntimes.com/output/news/cst-nws-davoodi01.html

I just don't understand what makes monsters like this think they can get away with murder. :furious: May they all rot in hell. :furious:

God Bless this sweet girl. :angel: Prayers for her family.

A second man was convicted Monday night in the May 31, 2002, kidnapping, rape and murder of a 14-year-old Carol Stream girl whose body was found days later in a shallow grave in Long Grove.

A Cook County jury deliberated for nearly five hours before finding Turner Reeves III, 24, guilty of murder, aggravated kidnapping, aggravated criminal sexual assault and concealment of a homicide in the death of Nassim Davoodi.

Reeves' co-defendant, Skyler Chambers, 23, of Hayward, Calif., was convicted of the same crimes in April. Prosecutors have said they will seek the death penalty for both men.
http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/chi-0511010191nov01,1,3821511.story?coll=chi-newslocal-hed

"Why did they look at Nassim as a piece of nothing?" Davoodi asked during Chambers' sentencing hearing in Rolling Meadows.

The only answer, prosecutors say, is that Chambers and his friend, Turner Reeves III, 24, chatted via the Internet for months about how they could commit such an attack and still escape arrest.

Chambers, of Hayward, Calif., and Reeves, of northwest suburban Hanover Park, met online because they shared an interest in violent, sexually explicit Web sites, including many that focused on attacking and raping women, authorities said. Chambers had traveled from California to visit Reeves just so they could carry out their plans, prosecutors said.

The men turned their words into action when they kidnapped, raped and murdered Nassim on May 31, 2002, after offering her a ride home from Bartlett High School.

"They dreamed and planned what they would do," Cook County Assistant State's Attorney Steve Rosenblum said.

Chambers had even bragged that he was willing to kill to avoid being arrested, prosecutors said.

"If someone has to be killed, I can do it," Chambers wrote in an instant message to Reeves, which was read Thursday in court.

After repeatedly raping Nassim in the back seat of Reeves' car, the two men suffocated her, then drove into rural Lake County and buried her body in a makeshift, foot-deep grave.
http://www.suntimes.com/output/news/cst-nws-nassim18.html

From February 2006:

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2006-02-24/news/0602240335_1_life-sentence-death-penalty-prison

Turner Reeves III was spared the death penalty Thursday for the murder of a 14-year-old Carol Stream girl, but was sentenced to life in prison by a judge who lambasted him for not taking responsibility for the killing.

"The only just sentence is that you never see sunlight or touch the ground except from behind bars," said Cook County Judge Joseph Urso in sentencing Reeves, 25, of Hanover Park.

"The horror she must have felt," Urso said. "As of this day, you have never taken responsibility."

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth
Back