700 users online (95 members and 605 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

AK - Michael Liufau & 3 others for near-fatal beating of teen, Anchorage, 2013

http://www.whas11.com/news/national/...224649451.html

(ABC News) Police in Alaska are working to unravel an unnerving mystery after an anonymous tipster led them to discover a severely beaten and unconscious teenager left for dead in an abandoned house that was set to be demolished, authorities said.

A handwritten letter was slipped under the door at the University of Alaska Anchorage police department alerted police Monday to the young man’s whereabouts and condition.........

Police from the university and the city, arrived at the address in downtown Anchorage indicated in the letter. In the basement of the house, they found an 18-year-old male unconscious and beaten all over his “head, face and body,” Castro said. The victim was rushed to a hospital where he remains in critical condition.

Police later identified the man as James Clinton, 18, an Anchorage resident........more......

"The further we (as the human race) grow away from the natural world, the quieter the natural world becomes and the more pathological we become as a culture."........Bernie Krause

The citizens of the United States of America have a right to applaud themselves for having given to mankind examples of an enlarged and liberal policy—a policy worthy of imitation......which gives to bigotry no sanction, to persecution no assistance.......George Washington

Thanks, Reader. I wanted to make a thread for this yesterday but my computer wasn't cooperating. Hope we hear more about this case. Sounds like there's a significant back story. RIP James Clinton.
    My posts are and believe it or not I've put some thought into 'em.

nosysw, did he die?

Every article I find still says critical condition.

However, rumor says he may have died. From his friends.
    Those rumors ARE more recent than the articles... but they are still just rumors.

I guess we have to wait for an official report...
    He doesn't appear to have a lot of close family OR friends and the few he has aren't saying anything.
    Very sad...
    Last edited by MsFacetious; 09-22-2013 at 01:22 AM.

Just realized I could post his facebook but forgot to do it.

https://www.facebook.com/james.clinton.98229

I don't have Facebook so I didn't know about the rumors but can't imagine they'd be posting that for no reason. Very sad indeed. I'm betting if we ever find out more about his life, we'll find out that was sad as well. JMO...
    My posts are and believe it or not I've put some thought into 'em.

Anchorage police seek associates of teen left for dead in downtown house due for demolition

ANCHORAGE, Alaska – Anchorage police say they're hoping someone will come forward with information about the activities of an 18-year-old man found severely beaten and critically wounded at an abandoned downtown home.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/09/20...#ixzz2fexyuhp6

(from what I'm reading he is still alive; hope he can improve and provide some info on who did this)

-------

This site has several articles and tweets on case:

http://www.efabula.com/story.php?m=9031751
    Last edited by Reader; 09-22-2013 at 09:05 PM.

"The further we (as the human race) grow away from the natural world, the quieter the natural world becomes and the more pathological we become as a culture."........Bernie Krause

The citizens of the United States of America have a right to applaud themselves for having given to mankind examples of an enlarged and liberal policy—a policy worthy of imitation......which gives to bigotry no sanction, to persecution no assistance.......George Washington

Quote Originally Posted by nosysw View Post
    I don't have Facebook so I didn't know about the rumors but can't imagine they'd be posting that for no reason. Very sad indeed. I'm betting if we ever find out more about his life, we'll find out that was sad as well. JMO...
    I don't think they posted it for no reason, but these are not close friends of his. Just 3 acquaintances.
    I just figured maybe they heard wrong, or misunderstood what people were saying around town.
    From his actual family and CLOSE friends, I haven't seen anything.

Anchorage Police Seek Friends of Man Left for Dead

[Maybe the 'left for dead' has been misunderstood?]

Anchorage police hope a photograph of a severely beaten teenager will jog the memory of witnesses who can help piece together how he was left to die in an abandoned downtown home..........

Clinton carried an identity card. His name was not released until Thursday, in part because his severe face injuries hampered positive identification, police said. Police also wanted to notify his next of kin.

Police spokeswoman Jennifer Castro said Friday investigators have not confirmed where Clinton lived.........

The Anchorage School District confirmed that Clinton had attended school in Anchorage, most recently in 2011, but did not graduate from an Anchorage high school.

Castro said Clinton may have been known by nicknames.........

"One of those is time frame — trying to determine how long he was in this house for," Castro said. "In terms of the assault, was there one big incident? Were there multiple assaults that were occurring over periods of time?"

Police have been in contact with a family member. Other people have claimed to be family member, Castro said, and investigators are trying to confirm that.

Police will take information on the case directly or anonymously through the Crimestoppers program. Good information came in anonymously Thursday after Clinton's photo was released, she said..........

That's what I'm thinking... someone saw the headline and misread it... then texted someone else.
    I just don't think these friends have inside information, but that's just my opinion.

Do we know if he is alive or not? I'm confused.

Nope, we don't.
    Family and close friends (girlfriend included) have NOT said anything.
    More distant friends are saying he's dead, but we are thinking that is a misunderstanding.

It IS possible that they aren't releasing he died for investigative reasons. But I doubt it.

I forgot to put the link for #9, so here it is and I think it gives enough info to believe James is still alive:

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/a...-dead-20322972

Anchorage police hope a photograph of a severely beaten teenager will jog the memory of witnesses who can help piece together how he was left to die in an abandoned downtown home.

Police are investigating the assault on James Clinton, 18, who was found Monday night unconscious and in critical condition in a home scheduled to be demolished Wednesday. The home is a block away from the main Anchorage federal building, which includes the federal courthouse.

Police say Clinton likely would have died if an anonymous, typewritten note had not been slipped more than 2 miles away under the door of a squad room of University of Alaska Anchorage police.......

Typewritten note... I wonder if that means it is literally from a typewriter or if that is newspaperese for it was not hand scrawled.

Apparently, someone with a conscience knows a whole lot. Let's hope that person reveals himself/herself.

Nosy by Nature and a Websleuther by choice

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast