1113 users online (188 members and 925 guests)  

Websleuths News

View Poll Results: Did John Ramsey knowingly try to contaminate the scene by carrying JonBenet upstairs?

Voters
176. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, he did try to handle the body to contaminate the scene.

99 56.25%
  • No, he did not think him handling the body would contaminate the scene.

17 9.66%
  • no, it was a natural reaction for a father

27 15.34%
  • He wanted the body discovered.

33 18.75%

Page 1 of 19 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Did John Ramsey carry the body to contaminate the scene or not?

I've always been curious about why John Ramsey pulled the duct tape off and carried JonBenet upstairs. To me, I'd have thought about disturbing any evidence. But, then again, I'm a true crime buff.
    I know that one has no idea how they would react, think, or do if this should happen to them.
    The above mentioned text and views are my opinion and mine alone.

Mmmm...dunno....not necessarily to contaminate the scene(forensics)...IMO to undo the bad staging a bit?he panicked
    The rice is already cooked...

'alf and 'alf

Pulling the tape off of her mouth is the only reason I would consider John completely innocent.

While it's plausible he carried her to get her to help faster, I just can't buy it until he is cleared. Until he's cleared every action he made makes me think it was calculated.
    I'm going to take my ball and go home

I'm not sure. I think the public, in general,, knows more about forensics than we did 18 years ago. I lean toward PDI, including the staging, so my guess would be no, it was not intentional.

But I could be wrong.......

I think he found her and wanted to get her up to help. I don't think he was rational but I do think that by the police not finding the body and him carrying her up and pulling off the duct tape, He most likely put fibers all over everything from him and Patsy. That them touching her and laying on her, is hat put the fibers on her and not anything nefarious they did.
    Atticus Finch: “You never really understand a person . . . until you consider things from his point of view.” To Kill A Mockingbird

All my posts are my opinion only.

Quote Originally Posted by ScarlettScarpetta View Post
    I think he found her and wanted to get her up to help. I don't think he was rational but I do think that by the police not finding the body and him carrying her up and pulling off the duct tape, He most likely put fibers all over everything from him and Patsy. That them touching her and laying on her, is hat put the fibers on her and not anything nefarious they did.

So how did his shirt fibers turn up on her crotch?
    There are things that we don't want to happen but have to accept, things we don't want to know but have to learn, and people we can't live without but have to let go.

Quote Originally Posted by Agatha_C View Post
    So how did his shirt fibers turn up on her crotch?
    He was wearing the shirt the night before and carried her up to bed, She could have had those fibers all over her and then the killer as he touched her and moved her and killed her moved them around too.
    Atticus Finch: “You never really understand a person . . . until you consider things from his point of view.” To Kill A Mockingbird

Quote Originally Posted by ScarlettScarpetta View Post
    He was wearing the shirt the night before and carried her up to bed, She could have had those fibers all over her and then the killer as he touched her and moved her and killed her moved them around too.

That doesnt make sense Scarlett... The fibers were on her privates. Her mother claims to have changed her pants, her father said he didnt change her and his shirt fibers were found on her crotch area. How did they get on the skin of her vagina? If you claim its innocent transfer then you would also have to admit that the TDNA could also be the same and could have even been transferred with the the fibers.
    There are things that we don't want to happen but have to accept, things we don't want to know but have to learn, and people we can't live without but have to let go.

Quote Originally Posted by Agatha_C View Post
    That doesnt make sense Scarlett... The fibers were on her privates. Her mother claims to have changed her pants, her father said he didnt change her and his shirt fibers were found on her crotch area. How did they get on the skin of her vagina? If you claim its innocent transfer then you would also have to admit that the TDNA could also be the same and could have even been transferred with the the fibers.
    I'm sure Patsy touched John, ANd his fibers could have been all over Patsy and JBR. I just see too many ways this was innocent transfer.

Two of you that replied stated about JR getting her to help faster, but couldn't he have noticed that she was past needing help?
    To me, it's odd that he'd have carried her up. Much less carried her by holding her out in front of him. JMO
    The above mentioned text and views are my opinion and mine alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Venom View Post
    Two of you that replied stated about JR getting her to help faster, but couldn't he have noticed that she was past needing help?
    To me, it's odd that he'd have carried her up. Much less carried her by holding her out in front of him. JMO
    I don't find that odd at all. Most parents even if their children are beyond help still try to help them. That is really normal.

The discovery of additional matching DNA in the JonBenet Ramsey murder case is important information that raises more questions in the search for JonBenet's killer. The BPD concurs with the Boulder District Attorney's Office that this is a significant finding. The PD has continued to look diligently for the source of the foreign DNA, and to date, we have compared DNA samples taken from more than 200 people. Finding the source of the DNA is key to helping us determine who killed JonBenet

The child was stiff as a board when he carried her up. At the very least, it seems grossly disrespectful.

No father would do this to his deceased child, in my opinion. He would call everyone down to where she was.

Everything I post is my opinion only, can change at any time, and is not intended to replace fact.
    Critical Thinking is often criticised.
    KISS

John found the body around 11 am and chose to keep quiet. He faked finding it at 1 pm.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Bottle 01 View Post
    John found the body around 11 am and chose to keep quiet. He faked finding it at 1 pm.
    There is no proof of this. Just speculation.

Page 1 of 19 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast