KY - Susan Daniels Smith, 28, pregnant, murdered, Pineville, 8 June 1989

Tulessa

Reaction score
We had an FBI agent in our county(seen him several time, thought he was nice) that murdered his pregnant gf them dumped her body.

http://articles.philly.com/1990-08-1...th-putnam-case

He was the first FBI agent to be convicted of manslaughter.

Pike County Commonwealth Attorney John Paul Runyon later said the state was lucky to wind up with a manslaughter conviction and 16-year sentence, given the lack of direct evidence against Putnam.

And despite the long delay, Cheek said the agency deserved credit for its role in bringing Putnam to justice.

"It's distasteful to us to have to look at one of our own agents," he said. "But, yes, we solved the case."

16 years.

Betrayed by love. A movie they made on this.

Betrayed by Love (TV 1994) Based on a True Story - YouTube

Agent Who Killed Lover Ends Sentence
September 29, 2000|By OLIVIA F. GENTILE; Courant Staff Writer
He strangled his 27-year-old lover. His wife, a heavy drinker, died at 38.

But today, Coventry native Mark Putnam, the first FBI agent to be convicted of homicide, will walk out of a Massachusetts prison and begin a new life in Florida.

This burns me up!

http://articles.courant.com/2000-09-...-good-behavior

Bump! On now on ID. It will air again at 12!

What a travesty of justice that this man is still young and free to live his life when he destroyed so many lives. I am from KY, and I remember reading about this case. I believe it happened in PIKEVILLE, KY (Pineville misspelling, I believe). I wonder what happened to his children. I hope they are well and happy. I found WS while looking for Kathy and Samantha Netherlands case. Heartbreaking, and no justice at all (yet). Been following Libby and Abby case since it happened. :websleuther:Hope there will be swift justice for these two children.

What a travesty of justice that this man is still young and free to live his life when he destroyed so many lives. I am from KY, and I remember reading about this case. I believe it happened in PIKEVILLE, KY (Pineville misspelling, I believe). I wonder what happened to his children. I hope they are well and happy. I found WS while looking for Kathy and Samantha Netherlands case. Heartbreaking, and no justice at all (yet). Been following Libby and Abby case since it happened. :websleuther:Hope there will be swift justice for these two children.
I always wonder if the Families, children, Friends etc are doing ok, happy and healthy...x
I also don't see it fair these Murderers get out to start a new life,when they've taken someone else's life away from them,also depending on the circumstances,they should be in prison until they die,that's justice IMO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ignoreme123
Back