1017 users online (184 members and 833 guests)  

Websleuths News

Body found in trunk of impounded vehicle

The body of a missing man is discovered in the trunk of his car.

The car had been sitting in the Hamilton County Sheriff's impound lot for several weeks.

David Mollberg's family reported him missing about five weeks ago. Authorities said he was suicidal.

Just when I think that I have seen the most depraved things a human can do to another human, somebody posts a new story...........

Why is it that when a custodial parent fails to provide for a child it is called neglect and is a criminal matter. But when a non custodial parent fails to provide it is called failure to support and is a civil matter?

"Just when the caterpillar thought its world was over, it became a butterfly" ~ Michelle Knight

Paducah, KY
    Body unnoticed in car trunk
    Missing man had shot himself

By Jane Prendergast
    Enquirer staff writer
    Hamilton County Sheriff Simon Leis admitted his deputies - weeks ago - should have opened the trunk of an impounded car in which a man's body was found Monday.

He said Tuesday that his office will investigate the actions of three employees involved in the case of missing man David Mollberg and of the discovery of his car last month in Anderson Township. Investigators thought Mollberg had committed suicide in the Ohio River when the car was found at a river access area in Anderson Township on March 11, but learned Monday that Mollberg's body was in the trunk.

The car has been in the sheriff's impound lot since March 11.

"I can tell you that trunk should've been forced open" by either the deputies on the scene when it was found, or by the detective assigned to the case, Leis said. "I have to admit we made a mistake by not popping that trunk."