1201 users online (217 members and 984 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 15 of 66 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 65 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by gitana1 View Post
    Why does it have to be one or the other? Couldn't Bryce have wandered to the dam, then back and out?
    It just would have been better had one set of dogs gone to both. Weird how none of them picked up both scents.
    Where is Sky Metalwala???

Hmm, somehow I missed the second dog that caught his scent going out of the park. Did he walk up the hill or did he follow the boat ramp road back to the street?

I guess I would just like to delurk and say, please do not give the psychic any money.
    “Evil begins when you begin to treat people as things.” -- Terry Pratchett

And she wasn't even a psychic. She calls herself an intuitive and appears to simply have seriously honed her intuition. I don't find what she did to be paranormal at all. She had the intuition that Terry would be close to home. Makes sense since it was pretty obvious his brother did it and pretty obvious the brother didn't have a car. I think once she got there to search, it was probably clear to her who the family was and thus where the property was, just by energy radiating off the family who was sitting outside watching what was happening.

Then, she searched around the property, probably zoning in on hotspots the family indicated by their body language. They likely had an indication, even if subconscious, as to where the body was, based on the smell that must have been wafting around the place.

I share the disappointment of others that the purple Patsy truck was a psychic tip. I don't totally discount them ever but I've seen more harm than good. I will never forget that horrid woman telling Shawn Hornbeck and Amanda Berry's mothers that their kids were dead. I think that "news" killed Amanda's mother.
    I agree with this! I personally ascribe to the belief that most psychics (that turn out to be right) are using their intuition and keen, astute observation skills. My mom is kind of like this. Can't tell you how many times a news story would break, my mom would be watching it and saying "No, that's not what happened! THIS is what happened." And sometimes it seemed way out in left field. But sure enough, a few days later or a few weeks later, and LE would discover something else altogether and it usually was exactly like my mom said it was. She isn't psychic, she just has a very strong intuition that she is in tune with; paired with a sharp understanding of human nature.

In any case, I hope this lady that met with Bryce's family is going off of something that comes from a real place and not leading them on with false hope. I can't imagine anything crueler.

I'll leave the psychic talk in so far because dragracerz brought it up but we need to move on. WS does not allow psychic discussion anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by CatFancier View Post
    I'll leave the psychic talk in so far because dragracerz brought it up but we need to move on. WS does not allow psychic discussion anymore.
    Thanks, I was wondering about that. I didn't touch the discussion because I know it's against TOS. But with the verified poster/family member bringing it up as information and part of this case, I didn't know how to proceed.

Thanks for the clarification.

Why does it have to be one or the other? Couldn't Bryce have wandered to the dam, then back and out?

It does sound as if the roommate was trying to convince Bryce not to give up, which in context is ominous.

And she wasn't even a psychic. She calls herself an intuitive and appears to simply have seriously honed her intuition. I don't find what she did to be paranormal at all. She had the intuition that Terry would be close to home. Makes sense since it was pretty obvious his brother did it and pretty obvious the brother didn't have a car. I think once she got there to search, it was probably clear to her who the family was and thus where the property was, just by energy radiating off the family who was sitting outside watching what was happening.

Then, she searched around the property, probably zoning in on hotspots the family indicated by their body language. They likely had an indication, even if subconscious, as to where the body was, based on the smell that must have been wafting around the place.

I share the disappointment of others that the purple Patsy truck was a psychic tip. I don't totally discount them ever but I've seen more harm than good. I will never forget that horrid woman telling Shawn Hornbeck and Amanda Berry's mothers that their kids were dead. I think that "news" killed Amanda's mother.
    I am VERY familiar with the Terry Smith case, and am no believer in "psychics". The body was located within a hundred feet or so from the volunteer command post and the smell coming from the property had been noted by many people, and even discussed among the volunteers there - some thought it was the fly traps, some the porta-potties on the site, but no one really agreed on what it was because it was so unusual. The "psychic" literally followed her nose to the body. Her "psychic" abilities were never acknowledged by LE - as a policy they never disclose the names of informants publicly (to protect their privacy) but did so in this case because she had already acknowledged it all over the Internet and in the press, this was confirmed directly to me by the RCSD.

It's really sick how these charlatans seek to exploit tragedy for personal publicity, I applaud the WS policy of not giving them more of it.

I understand and respect the WS policy of not talking about psychics, but I am a little nosy. Is there a place on the site where this policy is explained? I'm wondering what happened to spark this rule.

Quote Originally Posted by hannah1988 View Post
    I understand and respect the WS policy of not talking about psychics, but I am a little nosy. Is there a place on the site where this policy is explained? I'm wondering what happened to spark this rule.
    We used to have a forensic astrology forum, there are still bits of it and a subforum in the Jury Room downstairs for members. The forum leaders decided to close it.

As for psychics in general, it's on the "do not talk discuss" list I believe because it caused so much dissention. We're not here to cause drama and that happened quite often since people have strong feelings on the subject.

Moving on...

On each side of Castaic road, between Ridge Route and Fantastic Lane, dozens and dozens of rigs stop to rest. I lost count, but saw at least 7 with purple cabs, just in the Google satellite view. This would be a convenient location to catch up with most of the truckers and to look at all of the purple cabs. Here's a link to the satellite snapshot: http://goo.gl/maps/Gs0mu
    Keep on pressing on...
    "Let us be grateful to people who make us happy; they are the charming gardeners who make our souls blossom." -- Marcel Proust

Quote Originally Posted by RoseGarden View Post
    On each side of Castaic road, between Ridge Route and Fantastic Lane, dozens and dozens of rigs stop to rest. I lost count, but saw at least 7 with purple cabs, just in the Google satellite view. This would be a convenient location to catch up with most of the truckers and to look at all of the purple cabs. Here's a link to the satellite snapshot: http://goo.gl/maps/Gs0mu
    Keep on pressing on...
    I'm not going there. The cops will probably think I'm a "Lot Lizard." LOL j/k

does anyone know if Bryce was right or left handed?

Quote Originally Posted by sreshowtime View Post
    does anyone know if Bryce was right or left handed?
    Good question! That one might answer the different scent trail between two dogs... I can't believe I forgot to ask that one...
    Unless otherwise noted, my posts are opinions or theories only and may not be used outside of WS unless permission is requested in advance.

Please help find Lauren Jackson Missing since 1988 Spring City PA

Pennsylvania Missing Persons Cases:
    Lauren Jackson, Amanda DeGuio, Ray Gricar, Kortne Stouffer, Jamie Metzger, Toni Sharpless

"I'm not smarter than anyone else, I'm just more stubborn", "There are only two things you need to be a great homicide detective. The first is an intimate knowledge of the law. The second: An undying sense of curiosity. What happened here, and who made it happen?", "There are three motives in most murder cases: sex, money, or revenge. - Detective Joe Kenda

"Never assume you know anything or everything about a missing person, a POI or the details of a case" - Me

Quote Originally Posted by Seajay View Post
    I'm not going there. The cops will probably think I'm a "Lot Lizard." LOL j/k
    Show em your WS badge and decoder ring!
    Unless otherwise noted, my posts are opinions or theories only and may not be used outside of WS unless permission is requested in advance.

Please help find Lauren Jackson Missing since 1988 Spring City PA

Pennsylvania Missing Persons Cases:
    Lauren Jackson, Amanda DeGuio, Ray Gricar, Kortne Stouffer, Jamie Metzger, Toni Sharpless

"I'm not smarter than anyone else, I'm just more stubborn", "There are only two things you need to be a great homicide detective. The first is an intimate knowledge of the law. The second: An undying sense of curiosity. What happened here, and who made it happen?", "There are three motives in most murder cases: sex, money, or revenge. - Detective Joe Kenda

"Never assume you know anything or everything about a missing person, a POI or the details of a case" - Me

Page 15 of 66 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 65 ... LastLast