Robert Mayer

White Male
6' to 6'1"
200 lbs.
Hair - Brown
Eyes - Green
Currently unshaven

Nickname - Rob

Left hand, middle finger was slightly chopped off tip – has nail, but middle finger is shorter -
Clothing - Probably wearing blue or gray collared polo with J.C.Electrical logo,
jeans, Black work boots, possible baseball cap, ray ban sunglasses

No ID, no Wallet

Robert Mayer went to work June 14, 2013. He was seen at work with his car. He was last seen at a scrap metal yard around 2:15. His car – a 2004 red Pontiac GTO- was located the next day, Saturday, June 15 at 8:30 p.m. at the Deer Park Train Station, a few miles from the house. Roberts family states that he never takes the train as he drives to and from work. His car was found abandoned at Deer Park train station His family says that Robert has never stayed away from home.Robert does not have identification on him, as his wallet was found at home. He has not been seen or heard from. His case remains unsolved.

If any information Please contact

Suffolk County Police Department
631-697-6186

Thread #1
Thread #2
Thread #3
Thread #4
Thread #5
Thread #6
Thread #7
Thread #8
Thread #9

Please continue here and remember the rules. You can find them right here: The Rules - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community AND don't overlook these!!!!

Victim Friendly

Websleuths is a victim friendly forum. Attacking or bashing a victim is not allowed. Discussing victim behavior, good or bad is fine, but do so in a civl and constructive way and ONLY IF IT IS RELEVANT TO THE CASE. Additionally, sleuthing family members that are not suspect is not allowed. Don't make random accusations or post personal information (even if it is public) like parking tickets, address, or first and last names of all their relatives and their neighbors. Also, never "bash" or attack them, or accuse them of involvement. However that does not mean that family members cannot come into discussion as the facts and issues of the case are discussed.

Social Networks

Regarding Facebook, MySpace, Twitter, and other social networking or blog websites: Links may be used to direct posters to view something on a social networking page. But postings on social networking sites are not considered fact; they are rumor. Copying and pasting, or taking screen caps, directly from these pages is not allowed. Paraphrasing is okay. (Exception: If the Twitter or Facebook post belongs to a verified news station, it may be copied. But a link should still be provided.)

Also, social networking pages may only be linked if they are directly related to a case, i.e. the victim or suspect. We don't want to post to someone's mother, brother, employer, milkman, or postal carrier just because they know the main player. We also NEVER link to minor's pages (unless they are the victim). And be sure that the page actually belongs to the person being discussed. Do not link to someone if you are not 100% sure it is the correct person. And if a social networking is set to private and you get in the back way, you may not post what you find. Private means private!

MINORS: Websleuths.com™ does not allow the naming of, or photographs of, minors (children under the age of 18) on the Site unless the child is a missing or deceased person or where law enforcement has identified the minor as a perpetrator of a crime and the minor will be tried as an adult. If a missing child is found and it is learned that such minor was the victim of child exploitation, references to the child’s name and likeness will be removed, and further posting of such information will not be allowed.

Thanks,

Cat

Again, no sleuthing of family members! Please continue here...

I would like to ask the question again. Does anyone know the name of the tow company that tows cars out of the Deer Park Train Station? I think it is a good idea to see which other cars were towed out of there on Saturday, June 15th or Sunday, June 16th.

OMG - we are up to thread #10 and nothing is really new! Amazing the interest this case gets!
I'm hooked too, and the way he just vanished has my interest just like the strange way the McStay family went missing...

The longer nothing new turns up, the more I lean toward suicide or some kind of hit... he needs to be shown on a show with national coverage - as that would smoke him out if he went off on his own..

OMG - we are up to thread #10 and nothing is really new! Amazing the interest this case gets!
I'm hooked too, and the way he just vanished has my interest just like the strange way the McStay family went missing...

The longer nothing new turns up, the more I lean toward suicide or some kind of hit... he needs to be shown on a show with national coverage - as that would smoke him out if he went off on his own..

I agree with you, OldSteve - we need to get his face out there widespread - that is how they locate people. The family has too many skeletons though. Even if the past is not related to the present, all that stuff is going to come out.

BBM

And that seems exactly what LE does not want to occur...just posters plastered all over heck and beyond. A "controlled" method of information release.

I keep thinking it's Plan A (posters) to give the illusion that a somewhat limited search by facial recognition is in effect ("we are doing something folks") all the while LE is working on Plan B (the evidence they have amassed) and developing POI's and associations. LE would know what cars were towed out of that lot around the same time, who they belonged to.

I am becoming convinced as the days pass there is some sort of "smoke and mirrors" operation going on. By whom is the question.

BBM

And that seems exactly what LE does not want to occur...just posters plastered all over heck and beyond. A "controlled" method of information release.

I keep thinking it's Plan A (posters) to give the illusion that a somewhat limited search by facial recognition is in effect ("we are doing something folks") all the while LE is working on Plan B (the evidence they have amassed) and developing POI's and associations. LE would know what cars were towed out of that lot around the same time, who they belonged to.

I am becoming convinced as the days pass there is some sort of "smoke and mirrors" operation going on. By whom is the question.

CvxUpMo.jpg

If a local WS member drives past and gets the tow companies phone number, calls and asks what other cars they towed on that day or the next day and if they were claimed or taken by LE and they hang up or say they cannot discuss per LE request, we will have our answer on that point.

If one does an internet search, one may find that Suffolk County is responsible for the abandoned vehicle towing and impound for the Deer Park station.

http://mta.info/lirr/images/stationmaps/deerpark.pdf

It also appears that Suffolk County has it's own impound yard...

http://www.superpages.com/bp/Westhampton-NY/Suffolk-County-PoliceImpound-L2062429633.htm

Now call me skeptical...but I bet if you call that number, they would not be too forthcoming with information...most likely you would get questioned at length as to why you were calling...

I agree with you, OldSteve - we need to get his face out there widespread - that is how they locate people. The family has too many skeletons though. Even if the past is not related to the present, all that stuff is going to come out.

You know it may just be something like the flu, an appendecitis--a crazy thing that makes him go to the ER for treatment.
Maybe something from the past has something to do with this CC.

Hi all. Don't post much, but feel compelled to add this. Some years ago, I had a family member who was doing some numbers booking and card games in the back of a shop he owned. He was told several times by OC to stop doing it. After a time, another family member was called to a "meeting" and told that if he didn't stop immediately, his wife and his children would be harmed, one by one, until he did stop. Well, as you might guess, that was enough to get him to stop, BUT, the point is, he immediately left town and was not seen again for several months. His wife and children remained, but he left for parts unknown. No one knew where he was, and most everyone, except his "real family" had no idea why he was gone. So, it does happen, and sometimes, I guess they return, like he did and go on, and other times, well, I just don't know. Anyway, my theory is that possibly he was involved in something that the "big" people did not like and he was warned, and he took off. It definitely does happen. Thanks, all, you guys are great. I read at least daily, but, as I said rarely comment.

welcome katsrfun--------thanks for the insight---good to have a first person author joining us.

If one does an internet search, one may find that Suffolk County is responsible for the abandoned vehicle towing and impound for the Deer Park station.

That's interesting. Because LIRR parking lots in Huntington town require a parking sticker, which would seem to me means Huntington has responsibility for those lots.

That's interesting. Because LIRR parking lots in Huntington town require a parking sticker, which would seem to me means Huntington has responsibility for those lots.

I used to commute out of Ronkonkoma. Construction guys get the first spots cause they leave the earliest. So by 4ish a lot of the front spots open up. I didn't get a bad spot but it was full by 7 in the front. No parking sticker though and cars did park on lawns and the street.

Do we know anything of the neighborhood in Brooklyn where RM was working??? Possible he witnessed something there????

I used to commute out of Ronkonkoma. Construction guys get the first spots cause they leave the earliest. So by 4ish a lot of the front spots open up. I didn't get a bad spot but it was full by 7 in the front. No parking sticker though and cars did park on lawns and the street.

Yep. No stickers at ronkonkoma. Stickers required at all Huntington train stations.

The Deer Park train station is not within Huntington Township...it's in the Township of Islip.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alissa000ag