Australia Australia - Sylvia Pajuczok, 53, Bombala, NSW, 23 Dec 2008

marlywings

Former Member
Reaction score
Sylvia Pajuczok missing case: police offer $100,000 reward

September 24, 2013

It was nearly five years ago that Sylvia Pajuczok, a grandmother of five, vanished while visiting friends on the NSW Far South Coast.

Now, police have offered a $100,000 reward in a bid to find out what happened to the 53-year-old Eden woman who police suspect has been murdered.

art-Sylvia1-620x349.jpg

http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/sylvia-pa...olice-offer-100000-reward-20130924-2ubiy.html

Thanks Marly. I remember when Sylvia was first reported missing and it only seems like yesterday. I'm familiar with the general area of where she lived and where her van was found. It is not a particularly busy stretch of road and is a very rural area.

What strikes me as odd is that the friend (also referred to as her ex-boyfriend) whom Sylvia visited on the 23 December 2008 has not been interviewed or has had anything further to say via MSM about her disappearance, although he certainly would have been interviewed by the police. According to police and MSM reports Sylvia and this guy argued and he locked her out of his house. He also stated that he saw her driving away from his property at 8:00pm (it has also been reported as 8:30pm) on the night of the 23 December 2008. I personally don't believe that she drove away. I feel that the police should look closer at this guy.

Sylvia's van was found about 12km from the friend's house. It was mechanically sound and had not run out of fuel when it was discovered by police on 26 December 2008. There was no sign of a scuffle outside of the van and Sylvia's belongings, including her glasses and cigarettes were found inside of the van. Apparently her car keys and wallet are missing. Earlier reports stated that she'd left all of her belongings at the friend's house. Conflicting evidence via MSM or a change of story?

Why would Sylvia abandon her van on a lonely stretch of highway and disappear into thin air? I don't think she did. My theory is, and it is speculation only, that Sylvia and her male friend had an argument for whatever reason, which escalated into physical violence and Sylvia was murdered at the friend's house. He has hidden her body somewhere on his property, or close by. He had to get rid of her van, so drove it to where it was eventually found. He kept her car keys and wallet for whatever reason. Maybe he didn't realise that he still had the keys to the van until later. Sylvia's wallet may have contained cash that he kept but has since gotten rid of the wallet.

It was also reported that a white van was seen near the entrance to the ex-boyfriend's property on the day Sylvia disappeared. Firstly, what type of vehicle did the ex-boyfriend drive at the time? If he did in fact dump Sylvia's van 12km away, he would need to have some form of transport to get back to his place. It would have been a very long walk, unless he hitchhiked, and if that's the case, surely someone would remember picking him up. This would indicate that a second person was involved. Did Sylvia's ex have a new girlfriend living with him or were there mates visiting when Sylvia showed up?

So many unanswered questions! What was Sylvia wearing the last time she was seen alive? Who is the ex-boyfriend? What calls were made to and from her phone from the time she allegedly disappeared? I'm really hoping that Sylvia's family will join us here to fill in the blanks and hopefully move closer to finding her.

NSW police media release from yesterday...

24 September 2013 08:01:58 AM

Minister for Police and Emergency Services Michael Gallacher has announced a $100,000 for information into the disappearance and presumed murder of Sylvia Pajuczok in 2008.

The 53-year-old mother of three and grandmother of five vanished on Christmas Eve from a friend’s house in Bombala. She has not been seen or heard from since, and her bank account has not been accessed.

Ms Pajuczok’s green Toyota Tarago van was found abandoned by the side of the Monaro Highway, 10km south of Bombala.

The movements of a white van described as a Toyota Hiace, seen parked near the home Ms Pajuczok had been visiting at the time, are the subject of police investigations.

The occupant/occupants of the van may have been travelling from interstate at the time and detectives want to talk to the driver to eliminate them from the investigation.

Minister Gallacher is calling for anyone with information to come forward.

“Someone in the community knows what happened to Sylvia, now is the time to come forward with information to help solve the mystery which has haunted her family for nearly five years,” Minister Gallacher said.

“We would like nothing more than for someone to come forward with the information needed to find the person or people responsible for Sylvia’s disappearance and presumed murder.

“This case will remain active until it is solved,” Minister Gallacher said.

Detective Inspector David Kay, from Strike Force Lerra, said Ms Pajuczok’s disappearance was totally out of character as she would always be in regular contact with her family and friends.

“Investigators have been following a number of lines of inquiries and are still treating Ms Pajuczok’s disappearance as suspicious,” Detective Inspector Kay said.

“The doting mother and grandmother did not just vanish one day; we know there is someone out there who has information about where she is.

“Police are calling on anyone who may have information about her disappearance to contact them to help provide some closure for her family,” Detective Inspector Kay said.

Anyone from New South Wales or interstate who can assist the investigation is urged to contact Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000

http://www.police.nsw.gov.au/news/l...vdi5hdSUyRm1lZGlhJTJGMzI3ODAuaHRtbCZhbGw9MQ==

September 25, 2013

A Coroner’s Inquest is scheduled for December this year.

“We expect new interest in the case will be generated now that the Wanted episode has been broadcast and the reward announced, and I’d appeal for anyone with information about Sylvia’s disappearance to contact Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000,” Inspector Kay said.

Those with information to share can also speak with Police in Bombala this week, or contribute anonymously online through the Crime Stoppers website.

http://www.bombalatimes.com.au/story/1797907/100000-reward-for-information/?cs=12

I don't know why but this case has really hit a chord with me. I don't know Sylvia's family or anyone involved in the case but it is just tragic to think that this lady has been missing for almost five years now. What I find extremely sad is that Sylvia had planned on staying with her brother but he was off to Qld for Christmas. So Sylvia then decided to visit her ex who lived close by but that ended up badly as well. She must have felt totally unwanted and unloved.

Thanks Marly. I remember when Sylvia was first reported missing and it only seems like yesterday. I'm familiar with the general area of where she lived and where her van was found. It is not a particularly busy stretch of road and is a very rural area.

What strikes me as odd is that the friend (also referred to as her ex-boyfriend) whom Sylvia visited on the 23 December 2008 has not been interviewed or has had anything further to say via MSM about her disappearance, although he certainly would have been interviewed by the police. According to police and MSM reports Sylvia and this guy argued and he locked her out of his house. He also stated that he saw her driving away from his property at 8:00pm (it has also been reported as 8:30pm) on the night of the 23 December 2008. I personally don't believe that she drove away. I feel that the police should look closer at this guy.

Sylvia's van was found about 12km from the friend's house. It was mechanically sound and had not run out of fuel when it was discovered by police on 26 December 2008. There was no sign of a scuffle outside of the van and Sylvia's belongings, including her glasses and cigarettes were found inside of the van. Apparently her car keys and wallet are missing. Earlier reports stated that she'd left all of her belongings at the friend's house. Conflicting evidence via MSM or a change of story?

Why would Sylvia abandon her van on a lonely stretch of highway and disappear into thin air? I don't think she did. My theory is, and it is speculation only, that Sylvia and her male friend had an argument for whatever reason, which escalated into physical violence and Sylvia was murdered at the friend's house. He has hidden her body somewhere on his property, or close by. He had to get rid of her van, so drove it to where it was eventually found. He kept her car keys and wallet for whatever reason. Maybe he didn't realise that he still had the keys to the van until later. Sylvia's wallet may have contained cash that he kept but has since gotten rid of the wallet.

It was also reported that a white van was seen near the entrance to the ex-boyfriend's property on the day Sylvia disappeared. Firstly, what type of vehicle did the ex-boyfriend drive at the time? If he did in fact dump Sylvia's van 12km away, he would need to have some form of transport to get back to his place. It would have been a very long walk, unless he hitchhiked, and if that's the case, surely someone would remember picking him up. This would indicate that a second person was involved. Did Sylvia's ex have a new girlfriend living with him or were there mates visiting when Sylvia showed up?

So many unanswered questions! What was Sylvia wearing the last time she was seen alive? Who is the ex-boyfriend? What calls were made to and from her phone from the time she allegedly disappeared? I'm really hoping that Sylvia's family will join us here to fill in the blanks and hopefully move closer to finding her.

Makara, you should change your name to SOLVED. My money is with your theory. :tyou:

Makara, you should change your name to SOLVED. My money is with your theory. :tyou:

I don't know about changing my name BreakingNews but I certainly would like to see this case solved. It doesn't take an Einstein to put all of the pieces together and I'm sure the police are well ahead of me but Sylvia has been missing (now presumed murdered) for five years! Reading between the lines I do get the feeling that the police know who is responsible for Sylvia's death but there is just not enough evidence to make an arrest at this stage.

I don't know about changing my name BreakingNews but I certainly would like to see this case solved. It doesn't take an Einstein to put all of the pieces together and I'm sure the police are well ahead of me but Sylvia has been missing (now presumed murdered) for five years! Reading between the lines I do get the feeling that the police know who is responsible for Sylvia's death but there is just not enough evidence to make an arrest at this stage.

I think you are right. The old 'not enough evidence' story. Must be awfully frustrating for the police.

I absolutely agree with you Makara.

Map of the Route that Sylvia was taking:
Google Map - Sylvia Pajuczok Route
A) EDEN - B) BOMBALA - C) ROCKTON

There are many things about this case I'd like to know - but I'm just looking a little more into it now ...
Which direction was the van parked - towards Bombala or towards Rockton?
Did the ex-boyfriend invite Sylvia to see him?
How much contact did Sylvia have (still) with her ex, and how long ago did they break up?

I don't have a good feeling regarding this case and what happened to Sylvia, and I do think fresh eyes need to take a closer and further look and investigate this and find who murdered her.

Lets hope that the Coroners Inquest beginning this week thinks so too.

NSW Coroners Court Upcoming Inquests
9th to 20th December 2013
Inquest into the death of Sylvia PAJUCZOK
State Coroners Court Glebe, Court 1
Before His Honour Magistrate Douglass, Coroner

art-sylvia2-620x349.jpg

Sylvia Pajuczok's locked van was found by the side of the Monaro Highway. Photo: NSW Police Media

Read more: SMH SEPT 2013

Police launch fresh search

March 5, 2014, 11:45 a.m

POLICE have resumed their search for missing woman Sylvia Pajuczok, scouring farmland and waterways near Bombala.

Ms Pajuczok, 53, of Eden, went missing shortly before Christmas 2008 from a friend’s house at Rockton, near Bombala.

She is presumed dead, although no trace of her body has been found.

Bombala Police Constable Nathan Marks told the Bombala Times yesterday that 15 officers were involved in the fresh search from Monday to Friday last week.

http://www.bombalatimes.com.au/story/2129559/police-launch-fresh-search/?cs=12

14th to 16th July 2014

Inquest into the death of Sylvia PAJUCZOK

State Coroners Court Glebe Court 1

Before His Honour Magistrate Douglass, Coroner

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-07-...ssing-nsw-grandmother-sylvia-pajuczok/5595300

An inquest has heard police have been unable to find the body of a New South Wales grandmother presumed to have been murdered six years ago.

Sylvia Pajuczok, 53, was last seen at a male friend's home at Rockton, near Bombala, on the NSW far south coast on Christmas Eve in 2008.

Two days earlier the grandmother of five had driven from her home in Eden to visit her brother and friends in the Bombala area.

Despite an extensive search and $100,000 police reward for information, her body has never been found.

July 14, 2014, 3:00 pm

The coroner adjourned the inquest until October and advised the male friend who last saw Ms Pajuczok alive to continue to have legal representation when the inquest continues.

Outside court Ms Pajuczok's long-time friend from Eden, Rachael Bush, said she was a gentle person and not knowing what has happened to her has been torture for her friends and family.

"She wasn't in a good place," she said.

"She was depressed but definitely not suicidal."

https://au.news.yahoo.com/a/2445465...ales-south-coast-grandmother-sylvia-pajuczok/

Desperately seeking Sylvia: MISSING PERSONS WEEK

By Amanda Stroud
Aug. 5, 2014, 9:32 a.m.

Rachael Staunton-Bush was best friends with Eden grandmother Sylvia Pajuczok, who disappeared just before Christmas in 2008 from near Rockton.

Nearly six years after Sylvia’s disappearance, and with no Coronial Court finding as yet, Rachael fears that people have forgotten her friend.

She is determined to jog memories, and is travelling the footprint between Eden, Bombala and Bega in coming weeks, putting up a new missing person’s poster, in the hope that Sylvia’s case may be resolved.

http://www.naroomanewsonline.com.au...ng-sylvia-missing-persons-week/?cs=12#slide=1

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
renenoelle
Back