756 users online (110 members and 646 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

UK - 12 year old rapist sentenced to 300 dollar fine

I don't believe in sentencing children as adults but this is light even for me. especially with no remorse. On the other hand 12 is the worst time for an impressionable child to be with hardened criminals for years.

Prosecutor Simon Newell said the boy was asked what he felt about the impact of his crimes on his victim and replied: 'I don’t care how she feels.'

District Judge Celia Dawson told him that she was not sending him to a secure youth offending unit because she did not want him to be in the company of ‘older and more sophisticated criminals’.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz2fpCVpkM6
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by SilkySifaka View Post
    I don't believe in sentencing children as adults but this is light even for me. especially with no remorse. On the other hand 12 is the worst time for an impressionable child to be with hardened criminals for years.
    It happens here in the US ALL the time.

Actually, the young perps here don't have to pay!

Nosy by Nature and a Websleuther by choice

I don't have high blood pressure, but if I did, these are the types of stories that would send it through the roof!

Quote Originally Posted by Linda7NJ View Post
    It happens here in the US ALL the time.

Actually, the young perps here don't have to pay!
    I thougt they threw the book at kids who rape 6 year olds. At least a year in juvie is what i would expect, here or in Britain. On the good side it sounds like he will be getting counselling and his parents turned him in so they might be getting him more help than even the court ordered young offender program. I guess i am torn. I see the judges reasoning and even agree with it to a certain extent. Cause the only thing you will have if he was put in juvie for a few years is a hardened criminal. And he is on that cusp where he is still moldable. Yet i feel horrible for the 6 year old victim, he pled to 2 counts of rape in an earlier hearing (same victim)

Quote Originally Posted by Frigga View Post
    I don't have high blood pressure, but if I did, these are the types of stories that would send it through the roof!
    Fortunately for you, and most unfortunate for the victims.., because the perp is a minor.. .. These stories aren't often made public. They're handled behind closed doors, under strict confidentiality laws. Most don't even make it to a court room. CPS files everywhere are loaded with cases like this.

For the first time ever, (and I hope the last), I think a juvenile sentence isn't harsh enough. Its not even a wish to see him punished, its just that I think the judge's reasoning is bullcrap.

Children's secure units in Britain are in no way an unsuitable environment for a 12 year old, nor are they an environment in which he would be exposed to hardened criminals. The childrens' units in the UK are actually one of the best parts of their justice system and have an excellent rehabilitation rate.

The home she's leaving this boy in, on the other hand, is an environment where he has somehow learned to be a rapist.

As for the £300 "compensation", that's just an insult.

I hope the little girl is getting some counseling too! I think the fine should have been ordered to be paid for that purpose. To pay directly to her or parents just seems strange to me. Since the boy 'didn't care' how she felt it should have been impressed to him the damage he caused her not only physically, but emotionally.

"The further we (as the human race) grow away from the natural world, the quieter the natural world becomes and the more pathological we become as a culture."........Bernie Krause

The citizens of the United States of America have a right to applaud themselves for having given to mankind examples of an enlarged and liberal policy—a policy worthy of imitation......which gives to bigotry no sanction, to persecution no assistance.......George Washington

Unbelievable! Rape a child and pay $300?
    And what is this about him not being able to contact her for 12 months? How about NEVER contacting her again?

Quote Originally Posted by Tonya421 View Post
    Unbelievable! Rape a child and pay $300?
    And what is this about him not being able to contact her for 12 months? How about NEVER contacting her again?
    This boy needs to just disappear.
    Tired of hearing about rapists getting fines and a slap on the wrist. What about the girl 300 is going to fix her emotional problems for life?

Quote Originally Posted by Cappuccino View Post
    For the first time ever, (and I hope the last), I think a juvenile sentence isn't harsh enough. Its not even a wish to see him punished, its just that I think the judge's reasoning is bullcrap.

Children's secure units in Britain are in no way an unsuitable environment for a 12 year old, nor are they an environment in which he would be exposed to hardened criminals. The childrens' units in the UK are actually one of the best parts of their justice system and have an excellent rehabilitation rate.

The home she's leaving this boy in, on the other hand, is an environment where he has somehow learned to be a rapist.

As for the £300 "compensation", that's just an insult.
    Thanks button isn't enough.

Two separate instances, the six year age gap, the term 'forced', and the boy's callousness strongly indicate that he's already a predator and not just acting out of natural curiosity.

Therefore - yeah, he needs an eye kept on him for sure, because hello, future abduction rapist/serial killer...

I'd hope somebody looks into his home life too. Sometimes sociopaths are just born, and to the nicest people. But I believe the vast majority of sociopaths who go on to commit violent and/or sexual crimes are -made- by their early environment.

"I don't care how she feels." Well, A for honesty, I suppose. :eyeroll:

Completely agree about looking into his home life and environment. He learned this stuff somewhere. I wouldn't be surprised if he has also been molested.

This boy's behavior and also his "I don't care attitude" indicate that he's been abused, too. Not necessarily sexual but definitely emotional. This being said, is -of course- no excuse for what he's done, but every perpetrator has once been a victim. Some kids remain in their victimhood, others try to (re)gain control/power by offending others. Now he's still that young, he will hopefully get the right support to rehabilitate.

Quote Originally Posted by catatonia View Post
    This boy's behavior and also his "I don't care attitude" indicate that he's been abused, too. Not necessarily sexual but definitely emotional. This being said, is -of course- no excuse for what he's done, but every perpetrator has once been a victim. Some kids remain in their victimhood, others try to (re)gain control/power by offending others. Now he's still that young, he will hopefully get the right support to rehabilitate.
    That is not true.

Sometimes kids are simply evil.

SmoothOperator is offline Sadly what connects all these puzzles is that there's a victim@the heart of each
    Quote Originally Posted by catatonia View Post
    While I agree with you that some perpetrators of violent crimes were at one time victims themselves, I will say that this is not at all a given..IMO nope, not even near is it a given that EVERY PERP was once a victim of abuse themselves.. Just like all victims of abuse do NOT in turn become perpetrators of abuse ..so, too is it that all perpetrators are NOT all victims of abuse., There are individuals who are evil.. There are individuals who were raised in loving, stable homes that still choose to perpetrate violence on others even when they, themselves have not been abused..

In my strong opinion it is not a forgone conclusion that all perpetrators of violent crimes were once themselves the victim of abuse..not at all.. Too many times it is not as simple as looking back and pointing out the Aha! Moment of when/what the event/time was that caused the perp to become the violent abuser he/she has become.. The formula for the abuse cycle is a proven fact, but that cycle is something completely different and totally separate from what is being claimed here..
    Violent perpetrators who have inflicted violent abuses on innocent victims are NOT ALWAYS victims of abuse themselves.

**Please forgive the limitations that come w/my posting via mobile ATM**
    The quickest way to become a fool is to argue with one..

Quote Originally Posted by Linda7NJ View Post
    That is not true.

Sometimes kids are simply evil.
    Exactly. Some people with really bad childhood marred by abuse do not turn out evil, while other people from stable families turn out evil. Some people are just screwed up.

Sounds like a budding psychopath, ala Eric Harris or Joran van der Sloot.

HMS Hood
    Mighty Hood
    Pennant Number: 51
    Motto: Ventis Secundis ("With Favourable Winds")
    May 15, 1920-May 24, 1941

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast