956 users online (160 members and 796 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

GA - Jay Gentry, 40, Woodstock, 22 Sept 2013

WOODSTOCK, September 24, 2013: The Woodstock Police Department is the asking for the publicís assistance in locating a missing male, Jay Gentry of Woodstock. Jay was last seen on Sunday, September 22 at his residence around 7:00 pm in the evening. Jay left his residence driving his dark gray 2011 Honda Element bearing Georgia tag AUS 1259. Jay does not have his cell phone, wallet, identification or money on him as he left all at his residence. Concern for Jay arose as he has failed to show for work so far this week or make contact with any family or friends.

http://local.nixle.com/alert/5067283/

Assuming it is correct, white pages indicates an addy on Ashland Pkwy, which is on the west side of 575, south of Little River...I know some people up that was, will alert them

http://canton.11alive.com/news/news/...ng-missing-man
    snipped ....disappeared while wife in shower

oh me

His home is about 10-15 miles from me. He is also very close to Lake Allatoona as well.
    It is concerning that he didn't take his wallet or cell.
    Perhaps he just took off?
    Cherokee County Police have a very heavy prescence in the area. I see no than 3 units on my 8 mile drive to the store.
    AND TYPICALLY-.either coming or going, they have someone pulled over.
    I even ran into the canine unit Sunday night at the local RaceTrac getting gas in his SUV. ( THAT PUP WAS MAD when his handler went into pay!
    People were backing up from the pumps... wow the GSP was loud and he shook the SUV!

Bow season began last weekend - so the timing of when he left does bother me if he was headed into the woods.
    The colors he was wearing weren't very bright for sunset.
    I pray that no hunter mistook him for a deer.
    With that being said hunting season just started, so there would be more vehicle and for traffic in desolate areas.
    As well as a.heavy police presence in areas where hunting is not allowed.
    Every gas station -store- fast-food place around here has security cameras as well as the highways. It was still light at 7pm so lets hope someone has video of him leaving and which way he went!!!
    Based on living in the area... I believe his car is either secreted away or he has left the area. IMO CCPD absolutely would have located it either driving in the area or have found it parked in a lot somewhere.
    However, this is still a fresh case.
    I will certainly keep my eyes open as I run my errands.
    I might even just drive by some of the areas for boat access at the lake as many people have already winterized their Boats and traffic is nil. I will only observe.

Interesting to note he was wearing Crocs when he went missing. There is a type of outlet mall located very close to his home that has. A Croc store in it.
    Nothing wrong with Crocs! I love them, but for whatever reason he doesn't strike me as a Croc kind of guy.
    Wonder what he did for a living. Was he married? Did he have kids?

I will venture a guess that he was not a hunter. It is not a wise shoe to wear into the woods for sure. Nor would ripped jeans be a good idea with all The briars!

It has been cool here the last two nights. 64 degrees presently.
    There is also an indoor range not too far form him. I am sure. LE will check to see if he had recently purchased any weapons or gone for target practice. - Hemy Neuman was known to have target shot there before he killed Rusty Schneiderman...
    I'm not saying he owned weapons but a recent purchase would be easily located.
    Praying for his safe return! If. He is in the woods near the river or the lake I feel he will be located promptly.

Hopefully there will be good news in the am!
    Moo
    Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2
    ~ my opinion only

He is married and the concern is that he just suddenly took off without a word. He has done similar but come back within a short time. Having now been gone several days without money, id or phone and having not shown up for work has his wife and friends worried.

I'll see if I can get more tomorrow.

“It’s possible that he may have parked the vehicle in a park, and gone off on a trail. We have notified all of the rangers, and we’ve notified the hospitals,” she said. “We’re really grasping at straws, (of him) possibly going north, but I’m not sure where (he) would go or why.”
    Fibromyalgia Fog at it's finest! Temporary loss of vocabulary may occur at any time.

Quote Originally Posted by SoManyQuestions View Post
    He is married and the concern is that he just suddenly took off without a word. He has done similar but come back within a short time. Having now been gone several days without money, id or phone and having not shown up for work has his wife and friends worried.

I finally saw that.
    It seems as though she was worried by 10pm. Sunday?
    I don't know his work schedule,was he supposed to be at work by 10pm?
    3 hours isn't long. (Typically)
    No$$ for gas or food...
    true ... unless he is with a friend

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2
    ~ my opinion only

Quote Originally Posted by sreshowtime View Post
    http://canton.11alive.com/news/news/...ng-missing-man
    snipped ....disappeared while wife in shower

oh me
    Surprised this hit the media so quickly. Local case to follow.

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

He has such a nice smile...

His wife, friends, and family must be worried sick...

I wonder if the reason why he left... And where he went... The other, shorter amount of times he "left" ... could give clues to where he is headed/at now?

If he has in fact done this before for a shorter period of time I wonder what his state of mind is? I guess instead of skirting around the issue, I'll just ask. Is there anyone reporting that he may have or is being treated for mental health problems?

ETA Ihavenoclue, I think we're thinking alike
    Last edited by southsleuth; 09-25-2013 at 12:32 PM. Reason: spelling and eta

Quote Originally Posted by southsleuth View Post
    If he has in fact done this before for a shorter period of time I wonder what his state of mind is? I guess instead of skirting around the issue, I'll just ask. Is there anyone reporting that he may have or is being treated for mental health problems?

ETA Ihavenoclue, I think we're thinking alike

I'm also wondering if JG's mother or another close relative may be able to shed some light. For some reason, and I may be wrong, I think he's OK and just left. How mature was he for 22?

Quote Originally Posted by southsleuth View Post
    I'm also wondering if JG's mother or another close relative may be able to shed some light. For some reason, and I may be wrong, I think he's OK and just left. How mature was he for 22?
    I haven't been able to find an age for Jay...

I believe the "22" in the heading refers to him going missing September 22, 2013... Not his age....But I could be wrong...

I would like to know his age, too...

JMO

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast