Philadelphia Ruined Miss Cyrus?

Filly

KICKING AND SHINING
Reaction score
Justifiably the Hannah Montana turned Cyrus straddled on a wrecking ball had been closed.

Forgive me as this isn't actually news, but all morning long the talking heads here in Philly are discussing her interview in Rolling Stone. Apparently while here with her ex who was filming a movie was the best summer ever. For her that is.

http://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/2013/09/25/miley-cyrus-best-summer-ever-spent-in-philadelphia/

There's an article on CrossingBroad that I can't link to as the comments are nothing short of foul, but the article itself quotes her as basically saying she found her true self here and blended in. Thus the haircut, and new fashion sense, and her first pair of Doc Martins.

Trust me that I can't believe I even cared. Somehow I do.:scared::scared::scared:

Justifiably the Hannah Montana turned Cyrus straddled on a wrecking ball had been closed.

Forgive me as this isn't actually news, but all morning long the talking heads here in Philly are discussing her interview in Rolling Stone. Apparently while here with her ex who was filming a movie was the best summer ever. For her that is.

http://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/2013/09/25/miley-cyrus-best-summer-ever-spent-in-philadelphia/

There's an article on CrossingBroad that I can't link to as the comments are nothing short of foul, but the article itself quotes her as basically saying she found her true self here and blended in. Thus the haircut, and new fashion sense, and her first pair of Doc Martins.

Trust me that I can't believe I even cared. Somehow I do.:scared::scared::scared:

Dear me....

Even as a teen and into my early 20's ....and now with my own teenager... South Street is strictly for pointing out and laughing at whackadoos!

Dear me....

Even as a teen and into my early 20's ....and now with my own teenager... South Street is strictly for pointing out and laughing at whackadoos!

I beg your pardon. You laughed at me?:floorlaugh:

Honestly that whole vibe changed when they dared put a McDonald's in there. Hand Of Aries closed. Backstage closed long ago. Man, even Kamakaze Kidz closed long ago. Oh, oh and she could have got better boots at Time Zone if they were still open.

Now I want to go mediatate at Garland Of Letters since I am mean. At least Miley liked it here.:scared:

"Hand of Aries" - was this a head shop? a cult? both?

A fabulous little bookstore. All things occult. Run by a Druid I believe. Lots of "Familiars" prancing about. One a big black dog. There was a little yard out back, but I never got to see what went on. I got some great books there, and some jewelry.

O/T, but it was right by "Backstage". A quaint little gay bar/restaurant. Famous for Sunday brunch when you had a hangover. All their dishes were the names of famous stars like Judy Garland. Instead of Mens/Ladies rooms they had photos of Rhett on one and Scarlett on the other.

Sorry to go down memory lane. Now I miss Grendel's Lair, but Woody's still holding strong.

A fabulous little bookstore. All things occult. Run by a Druid I believe. Lots of "Familiars" prancing about. One a big black dog. There was a little yard out back, but I never got to see what went on. I got some great books there, and some jewelry.

O/T, but it was right by "Backstage". A quaint little gay bar/restaurant. Famous for Sunday brunch when you had a hangover. All their dishes were the names of famous stars like Judy Garland. Instead of Mens/Ladies rooms they had photos of Rhett on one and Scarlett on the other.

Sorry to go down memory lane. Now I miss Grendel's Lair, but Woody's still holding strong.
Great stuff!

Last time I was there... I liked the Condom store. "CondomNation" an entire store that sells nothing but condoms!

They sold that guy the lotion that ruined his private thingie. I posted it on the Bizarre thread I think. He's suing big time.

I only bought a button in there.:blushing:

Perhaps Miss Cyrus hit The Pleasure Chest? Rittenhouse. Lots of leather in that joint. They have a dressing room, and no lie one time a guy came out with leather undies on his head. It was a joke, but being on lunch break my friend and I were freaked out.

Ok, thinking of nixing my next NYC shopping trip with DD and heading to Philly instead! Haven't been in years. :D

Oh and I've been wearing doc martens since long before Miley was even a wiggle in Billy Ray's soul patch. :crazy:

..."It really all started when this woman in Philadelphia gave me the phone number to this elevator operator she knew from Phillies games. She said it was a lot of fun and the guy was so nice and paid good money for enemas. I forget her real name, she just said to call her Filly."....

Ok, that's totally made up BS. :floorlaugh:

..."It really all started when this woman in Philadelphia gave me the phone number to this elevator operator she knew from Phillies games. She said it was a lot of fun and the guy was so nice and paid good money for enemas. I forget her real name, she just said to call her Filly."....

Ok, that's totally made up BS. :floorlaugh:

BWAHAHAHA!!!!!!:floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh: Thankfully I really like you or I'd be on my wrecking ball at your house.

As I break out in song "Where do all the hippies meet? South Street, South Street"

I wish I could link to the Across Broad Blog but the comments are too foul.

BTW, I taught her how to twerk it while she was here.:seeya:

BWAHAHAHA!!!!!!:floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh: Thankfully I really like you or I'd be on my wrecking ball at your house.

As I break out in song "Where do all the hippies meet? South Street, South Street"

I wish I could link to the Across Broad Blog but the comments are too foul.

BTW, I taught her how to twerk it while she was here.:seeya:

BBM

:laughcry: :laughcry: So you're the one who taught the twerp to twerk.

wowzer. too bad Miley's parents didn't instill the values that Sinead O'Connor is advising her to examine. more at link. (what say you, Billy Ray?)

http://xfinity.comcast.net/articles/entertainment-eonline/20131002/b466094/

"The music business doesn't give a s--t about you, or any of us. They will prostitute you for all you are worth, and cleverly make you think its what YOU wanted ... and when you end up in rehab as a result of being prostituted, 'they' will be sunning themselves on their yachts in Antigua, which they bought by selling your body and you will find yourself very alone."

O'Connor continued to speak on the idea that Miley should not base her career on sexuality, telling her to "please in future say no when you are asked to prostitute yourself. Your body is for you and your boyfriend. It isn't for every ... dirtbag on the net, or every greedy record company executive to buy his mistresses diamonds with."

She rocked on SNL. I remember her first time hosting, and while it wasn't exactly a huge stand out episode, she did do pretty good... so going into her 2nd time hosting I was kind of like "this may end terribly," given the kind of train wreck stuff that has been following her recently, as well as usually the 2nd time hosting for repeaters tends to not be as good as their first time hosting. But not Miley... she pulled off a pretty awesome show... it was far better than her first go round.

This girl is insensitive, uneducated, ignorant, mean, rude and crude immature person. How do you mock mental illness...especially in this day and age?!! She needs to close her mouth/twitter and think more. jmo I am simply disgusted beyond words. :stormingmad:

She's 20.

I wasn't rude, crude or publicly act like a ho...but I was stupid and thought I knew everything. I'm very thankful the internet wasn't around to document all the moronic things I probably said. And Im grateful I didn't grow up in the public eye.

I'm not defending her actions, just looking for a way to explain them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Knovah
Back