Missing Kentucky Woman, Patricia Ritz, Possibly Eaten By Her Pet Wolf-Dogs

Living conditions for Ritz's wolf-dogs were poor. Many of the wolf-dogs were malnourished and a few were dead. Ritz had caged some of the dogs, but the majority were running free.

Ritz had been convicted multiple times for animal cruelty in the past, with her first offense coming in 1986, according to NBC News. Nearly 200 wolf-dogs were discovered on Ritz’s property in 1999, when 150 of the animals were ultimately euthanized by public health officials.

Ritz was allowed to keep 25 dogs, but was ordered to spay and neuter them. She did not, according to records, and another 34 dogs were euthanized in 2003 due to poor treatment.

Can't say I feel bad for her. Hope that doesn't make me look bad!

I can't help but think that if she had spayed them as requested, and actually looked after them properly, this may have been avoidable.

Although, it does say in the article that they aren't sure whether she was attacked by the animals and that was what killed her, as she was feeling sick the last day she was seen by her neighbors. It's possible she passed of natural causes and the animals were starving.

Whatever the case, may she rest in peace.

My bet is that she died and they ate her because they had nothing else to eat. :twocents:

The same thing happened with a guy who had giant lizards.
They believe he died of natural causes before the lizards ate him.

http://articles.philly.com/2002-01-18/news/25344747_1_lizards-nile-monitors-reptiles

This isn't the animals fault. It doesn't mean the animals were wild or dangerous.
This is an owner who was in over her head and didn't know when to stop.

ANY starving animal will eventually do this, even starving humans will eat humans eventually.
When you cannot adequately care for ALL of your animals, it's time to reduce the numbers. :twocents:

I saw a gorgeous dog today that I want SO BAD. (Well 2 of them really.)
I only have 2 dogs. Yet I know that 2 is all I can handle right now.
So I did not stop and get the dog(s), even though it was REALLY hard to drive by. :please:
I do know my limits. Not everyone does. :twocents:

She was an animal hoarder, yes that is the correct term. I've seen shows on people like this- she had 200 according to the article, then was allowed to keep only 25, if she spayed and neutered them. She did not and another 34 were euthanized in 2003. Now she had 50 that were malnourished. They probably ate her out of hunger. Poor things.

She was an animal hoarder, yes that is the correct term. I've seen shows on people like this- she had 200 according to the article, then was allowed to keep only 25, if she spayed and neutered them. She did not and another 34 were euthanized in 2003. Now she had 50 that were malnourished. They probably ate her out of hunger. Poor things.

:eek: :what: :screwy:
Oh my lordy!
Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member