667 users online (70 members and 597 guests)  

Websleuths News

Woman becomes 1st to row solo from Japan to Alaska

ANCHORAGE, Alaska (AP) — A 28-year-old British adventurer became the first woman to row solo from Japan to Alaska, arriving late Monday at a small town in the Aleutian Islands after 150 days and 3,750 miles at sea.

"I have had some of the most intense and memorable months of my life out on the Pacific, it has been brilliant and brutal at the same time," Sarah Outen said in a statement. "And it has been a privilege."........

Next spring, she plans to return to Adak with a teammate, Justin Curgenven, to continue to mainland Alaska by kayak. She will then bike across Canada and North America before attempting a solo row across the Atlantic Ocean to the United Kingdom...........

"The further we (as the human race) grow away from the natural world, the quieter the natural world becomes and the more pathological we become as a culture."........Bernie Krause

The citizens of the United States of America have a right to applaud themselves for having given to mankind examples of an enlarged and liberal policy—a policy worthy of imitation......which gives to bigotry no sanction, to persecution no assistance.......George Washington

keeponsearching is offline The mighty Oak was once a little nut that stood its ground.
    Awesome!! 150 days on a boat, I would go crazy.