721 users online (89 members and 632 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by carbuff View Post
    In 1972 he might not have anything, it's true. Or it might have been a false name. But even that would be a clue.
    I may call or email the case manager to find out the contents of the wallet, if any. I could also see his murderer taking his personal belongings--either because they would identify our UID, or for their own personal gain.

Quote Originally Posted by SilentSleuth View Post
    You would think so, right? But at that age, what form of ID would he have?
    He probably didn't have any kind of ID. I was born seven years after this boy was found. The only kind of ID that I had before 16 was a passport. That was just used if we went on a trip outside the US. And that wouldn't be something you could keep in your wallet (wouldn't fit). And I never got a school issued ID until college in the late-1990's. I never had any kind of official (non-DL) ID until I got my license suspended a little after that.

I just can't see any kid that age at that time normally having any kind of ID, so I doubt that could lead us closer to his identification.

I think that varied widely and still does. Official ID, yeah, but I had a high school ID in 1971. It was so we could get student discounts at the burger place across the street, and get in to our football and basketball games for free.
    Opinions expressed are strictly my own (who else would they belong to???)

Quote Originally Posted by FiveFelines View Post
    A map of the general area where I assume he was found. Close to the highway, but I'd also be interested to know whether the jail and juvenile detention center were there in 1972.

https://www.google.com/maps/search/i...2,14.14z?hl=en

Attachment 64639
    I'm interested in this unidentified boys or possibly teenagers case and story.Did you or anyone ever find out if there was a jail or detention home near there?
    ALL EVIL NEEDS TO SUCCEED IS FOR GOOD PEOPLE TO DO NOTHING!!!!

Was this correctional facility here then?

https://local.yahoo.com/info-1756816...l+Institutions

• Volusia County Correctional Facility

• 1354 Indian Lake Rd, Daytona Beach, FL 32124

I am very interested in Keith Dean Flemings case and story because he came up missing in Cocoa Beach Florida.There is a John Rodney McRae that was accused of other boys disappearances also.This link says he lived in Sharpes? It's not too far from Cocoa Beach Florida and Daytona Beach Florida. I'm just picking this apart a little bit please.Seeing if there is a possible connection with this Unidentified boy or teenager.I'm looking into this John Doe some more. I'll post things that I find.

http://murderpedia.org/male.M/m/mcrae-john-r.htm

McRae was 16 when he was convicted of first-degree murder in the 1950 knife torture-slaying of an 8-year-old Michigan boy, Joey Housey. The boy's body was discovered under a slab of broken sidewalk 25 feet from where McRae lived.
    Last edited by Ms Suzanne; 01-18-2015 at 11:01 AM. Reason: add

It doesn't look like he is in NAMUS. I wonder why. May someone can see if they can get him in there.It might help him.

Quote Originally Posted by Ms Suzanne View Post
    I'm interested in this unidentified boys or possibly teenagers case and story.Did you or anyone ever find out if there was a jail or detention home near there?
    No, but thank you for the reminder. I think SilentSleuth was checking? I can do some searching this week to see if they were there in 1972.

Quote Originally Posted by Ms Suzanne View Post
    I am very interested in Keith Dean Flemings case and story because he came up missing in Cocoa Beach Florida.There is a John Rodney McRae that was accused of other boys disappearances also.This link says he lived in Sharpes? It's not too far from Cocoa Beach Florida and Daytona Beach Florida. I'm just picking this apart a little bit please.Seeing if there is a possible connection with this Unidentified boy or teenager.I'm looking into this John Doe some more. I'll post things that I find.

http://murderpedia.org/male.M/m/mcrae-john-r.htm

McRae was 16 when he was convicted of first-degree murder in the 1950 knife torture-slaying of an 8-year-old Michigan boy, Joey Housey. The boy's body was discovered under a slab of broken sidewalk 25 feet from where McRae lived.
    One of the articles on Murderpedia says McRae got out of prison in Michigan in Feb 72, but didn't move to Florida until 3 years later when his parole ended. But still...

Quote Originally Posted by FiveFelines View Post
    This one caught my eye because of the odd sketch and the shaved pubic region. I had the same thought as you: that he was possibly a male prostitute. It sounds like he died a violent death. There's not much to go on, but if I had to guess, I'd say maybe he was a runaway who was trying to support himself and got picked up by the wrong person.

Not a lot of teen boys listed from that time period. Here are a few. I wish we had more info on both them and the UID:

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/1270dmpa.html

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/4429dmny.html

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/k/kelly_dermot.html
    I think Thomas Meuse is a good match.Were they ever checked or was he ever turned in?

I personally haven't submitted anyone yet.

I have been looking for Richard Griener for a while, and I don't think it's him for a couple reasons.
    1. Richard was younger.
    2. Shorter.
    3. And weighed less.
    3. He disappeared while sledding, so why would he be wearing loafers?
    4. Illinois to Florida is a long way.
    5. The clothes aren't the same.
    6. He had a wallet with him...why would a kid sledding have a wallet with him?

Another article about the exhumation, with lots of forensic details:
    http://www.ocalapost.com/body-exhume...ounty-florida/

The most interesting information was this: he might be younger than they thought. I'm curious about that since he has all 32 teeth.

Evidence of his wounds was still apparent to the trained eye. Dr. Warren also made the first new discovery: the victim may have been younger than originally thought. It was believed that the victim was in his late teens or early twenties. However, Dr. Warren saw evidence that the victim may have actually been in his early teens, but his observations will be verified during a more thorough examination at a later date.

The article also indicates that most of the old case files have disappeared, so they're more or less starting from scratch.

I suppose it'll be a while before we hear any results from this.
    Was there ever any verification on the younger age estimate?

Quote Originally Posted by arnosiracont View Post
    No, I haven't seen an update. Hopefully something before too long.
    Opinions expressed are strictly my own (who else would they belong to???)

Quote Originally Posted by arnosiracont View Post
    No, I haven't seen an update. Hopefully something before too long.
    The NCMEC poster doesn't completely confirm it, but I think the fact that the poster included the younger age range says that it's likely accurate.

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast