1282 users online (196 members and 1086 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Hundreds NC Students Suspended for Vaccination Lapse

http://kticradio.com/news/national/i...?more=34290338

(RALEIGH, N.C.) -- Hundreds of students in North Carolina have been suspended from attending school because they failed to get vaccinated.

At least 200 students in three counties had not turned in their certificate of immunization form as of Friday to prove they had received a Tdap shot. The shot is a combination of three vaccines that provide protection against diphtheria, tetanus and pertussis (whooping cough).

Under a 2008 North Carolina law, all incoming sixth graders must get a Tdap booster shot within 30 days of the new school year. ........

Students can be exempted from vaccinations for specific religious or health reasons.

While the Tdap vaccination protects against three diseases, it's an increase in cases of pertussis or whooping cough that have consistently worried health officials........more.........

"The further we (as the human race) grow away from the natural world, the quieter the natural world becomes and the more pathological we become as a culture."........Bernie Krause

The citizens of the United States of America have a right to applaud themselves for having given to mankind examples of an enlarged and liberal policy—a policy worthy of imitation......which gives to bigotry no sanction, to persecution no assistance.......George Washington

I'm horrified of needles I'm glad I'm not in school or I would have to drop out. Use to be you had a choice to get a booster, when did it become mandatory?
    It's almost been a year since we did our last show.Jay Bush my partner has been auditioning for the show Shark Tank and so this has put the show on hold. If he gets on Shark Tank, we will be terribly delayed. Good luck Jay. Either way we will one day continue the show and have the coolest global independent radio station out there. This is just a small video we did with one of our artists.Waiting for One and their tune 35 years. Check it out.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W7Go80y20fA
    We hope to be doing a radio show with all our artists real soon. Hope you can join in the fun. Please bare with us while we improve the show especially the sound.
    Laserdog Enterprises would like to bring you our version of a Tribute to the Angels of Newtown. Another school shooting in Georgia thankfully no children were hurt.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=axOGOBT77Xs

Please take a few moments and visit the missing children site. We really need you.
    Click on the link to find a missing child,teen or adult.

http://www.missingkids.com/missingki...eCountry=en_US

Quote Originally Posted by legalmania View Post
    I'm horrified of needles I'm glad I'm not in school or I would have to drop out. Use to be you had a choice to get a booster, when did it become mandatory?
    When diseases that they thought were eradicated started popping back up.

There are people who can't get vaccines for whatever health reasons, and the people who "forget" to get vaccinated when in close proximity to a bunch of strangers are risking other people's lives.

Sure, most of these kids will probably just get a nasty cough if whooping cough comes back to their area, but what about the percentage of kids who have immune system problems that could die or have to be hospitalized? Should we make the parents of the kids who are not vaccinating pay for the kid's hospitalizations?

Also, needles are much smaller than they used to be, and some vaccines are even nasal sprays now! I think the advances they are creating are pretty unique.

It's so frustrating. I'm a nurse, and until a few years ago I had never even uttered the words whooping cough or pertussis in a professional capacity. Now, we're sending babies and school children to the ER for hospitalization for a completely preventable illness because of ignorance. I wish more schools would take swift action in denying entry to unvaccinated kids. You should have to show proof of vaccination in order to register. There's no reason for us to still be dealing with pertussis in the year 2013.

Many of those "health related" excuses are bogus as well, and as for religious grounds? Perhaps they should not be using the public school system for the education of their children. Separation of church and state and all that jazz....

Quote Originally Posted by legalmania View Post
    This disease right here scares the crap out of me. Whooping cough. I don't like needles either but my sister that is a year and a half younger than me, took this when she was 14. She had taken her vaccine the same time as me, and came down with it anyways. I've never seen anybody as sick in my life, as she was that summer. It lasted the ENTIRE SUMMER! I am going to talk to my family physician about getting a booster shot, because this disease is making a comeback. Shoot me with as many needles as it takes.

Texas battling whooping cough epidemic

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-204_162-...ough-epidemic/

Look at the states reporting it now.
    http://www.cdc.gov/pertussis/outbreaks/trends.html

And this strand is not responding to vaccines.
    Media thread for Abby and Libby.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...5#post13163455

WebSleuths Lingo thread.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...bsleuths-Lingo

Unless I provide a link, every one of my posts are to be considered rumor, Speculation, or simply MY OWN OPINION.

We are the watchers. We are witnesses. We see what has gone before. We see what happens now, at this dangerous moment in human history. We see what's going to happen - what will surely happen - unless we come together: we - the Peoples of all Nations - to restore peace and harmony and balance to the Earth, our Mother.

THE IGNORE BUTTON IS YOUR FRIEND!

Quote Originally Posted by animlzrule View Post
    It's so frustrating. I'm a nurse, and until a few years ago I had never even uttered the words whooping cough or pertussis in a professional capacity. Now, we're sending babies and school children to the ER for hospitalization for a completely preventable illness because of ignorance. I wish more schools would take swift action in denying entry to unvaccinated kids. You should have to show proof of vaccination in order to register. There's no reason for us to still be dealing with pertussis in the year 2013.
    Great post! Thank you! What are we going to do about this new strand?
    Media thread for Abby and Libby.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...5#post13163455

WebSleuths Lingo thread.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...bsleuths-Lingo

Unless I provide a link, every one of my posts are to be considered rumor, Speculation, or simply MY OWN OPINION.

We are the watchers. We are witnesses. We see what has gone before. We see what happens now, at this dangerous moment in human history. We see what's going to happen - what will surely happen - unless we come together: we - the Peoples of all Nations - to restore peace and harmony and balance to the Earth, our Mother.

THE IGNORE BUTTON IS YOUR FRIEND!

It's good that schools are trying to protect children from potentially devastating and deadly epidemics. I think one of the reasons parents won't let their kids get vaccinated is because of the tragically misguided belief that vaccines cause autism. This myth was created by a fraudulent research paper and has since been discredited. The author had his medical license revoked and is banned from practicing medicine again. Sadly, the damage is done, and many parents, including mine, still strongly hold on to this absolutely false belief.

Many of those "health related" excuses are bogus as well, and as for religious grounds? Perhaps they should not be using the public school system for the education of their children. Separation of church and state and all that jazz....
    The private school system "requires" the shots, too. The religious waiver applies to both public and private. All of the suspended kids could/would be back at school today if they signed the waiver.

Quote Originally Posted by Karmady View Post
    The private school system "requires" the shots, too. The religious waiver applies to both public and private. All of the suspended kids could/would be back at school today if they signed the waiver.

Yes, I am aware. There should be no religious exemption for public schools. The private can do whatever they wish, although it certainly is a moral obligation for them to require vaccinations as well. I'd like to see it legally mandated across the board that there are no religious exemptions. The health exemption scrutiny should be very rigorous and with very narrow criteria. As much as I'd like to believe there aren't doctors out there signing waivers to appease the ill-informed (excuse the pun) and ignorant, I know there are. It's maddening.

Yes, I am aware. There should be no religious exemption for public schools. The private can do whatever they wish, although it certainly is a moral obligation for them to require vaccinations as well. I'd like to see it legally mandated across the board that there are no religious exemptions. The health exemption scrutiny should be very rigorous and with very narrow criteria. As much as I'd like to believe there aren't doctors out there signing waivers to appease the ill-informed (excuse the pun) and ignorant, I know there are. It's maddening.
    Here, the parent can sign them. I thought that was true everywhere.

Maybe I misunderstood? Parents can sign a medical waiver?

Quote Originally Posted by MissJ View Post
    Typically if he child has a known allergy to eggs

Nosy by Nature and a Websleuther by choice

They can definitely sign the religious waiver and I believe they can sign the medical waiver, as well. I know they can sign both in private school.

In my state a physician has to sign the medical waiver. However, I have anecdotal evidence that not all physicians are signing waivers out of medical necessity. Rather, some are being signed to appease militant anti-vaxxers. It's just easier, I guess.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast