970 users online (177 members and 793 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

NC - Amy Wells Bridgeman, 42, Weldon, 24 Jun 2013

Amy Wells Bridgeman

Missing From: Weldon, North Carolina
    Missing Since: 06/24/13
    Age at Disappearance: 42
    Date of Birth: 12/17/70
    White Female
    Height:5’2
    Weight: 170
    Eyes: Blue
    Hair: Black
    Scars, Marks, Tattoos: Tattoo on back of neck “True Slave” & Pain is Beauty…Back left shoulder zombie…right shoulder slave girl….full back cherry
    Clothing: Last seen wearing a white shirt with four black stripes and white capri pants.

Details of Disappearance:
    Mrs. Bridgeman was last seen near the vicinity of what was Coastal Lumber in the Weldon North Carolina area around 6:30 a.m. June 24. Mrs. Bridgeman’s family stated that she would not just disappear and not contact them. Her case remains unsolved.

Investigative Agency
    Halifax County Sheriff’s Office 252-583-8201 or Halifax County Crimestoppers at 252-583-4444

The family of Amy Bridgeman announced the reward increase Tuesday night on a Facebook page started to help find out any information on her disappearance from the area in the latter part of June. The reward is for any credible information leading to her whereabouts. There have been few leads, Captain Rich Somogyi of the sheriff's office said this morning. “I've sent teletypes out to cities and counties where she may be associated with. I've contacted law enforcement where her family has lived or we she has gone to in the past.” Somogyi was referring to areas out of state, but declined to elaborate, saying only those solicitations have garnered no new leads. Conversely, Somogyi said, “There's no information or leads that indicate she's been injured and we don't know that she hasn't just left on her own.”
    Bridgeman, 42, has blue eyes and shoulder length hair that she often changes from black to brown. She has fair skin and was last seen wearing a white shirt with four black stripes and Capri pants.

She takes medication daily and her family is concerned whether she has a supply with her. Anyone with information is encouraged to contact Somogyi at 252-583-1991 or Crimestoppers at 252-583-4444.
    http://rrspin.com/roanoke-rapids-wel...VAWMQ.facebook

A Facebook page has been set up for her:
    https://www.facebook.com/HelpFindAmyWellsBridgeman

So she disappeared after a night out, after leaving a message to her husband at 6.55am?
    Or was she just visiting some friends that morning and disappeared from their place?
    Were the friends interviewed?
    Does the husband knows with whom she was at the time of her disappearance? Very strange case.
    I see she was usually taking some medications, what kind of meds for what condition, do we know? The reason I'm asking is not curiosity. If for example she was taking medication for depression, that could point to a direction and would give an idea over her state of mind.
    Was she using drugs? According to the posted article it seems in the neighborhood where she disappeared from were some drug busts. That could mean nothing of course.

I noticed in the picture there are at list 3 wigs in the background. Was she wearing a wig too? It could change her look drastically if she was usually wearing a wig in the pictures and in daily life, and now she is not. Or the other way around.

Quote Originally Posted by Orgona View Post
    I noticed in the picture there are at list 3 wigs in the background. Was she wearing a wig too? It could change her look drastically if she was usually wearing a wig in the pictures and in daily life, and now she is not. Or the other way around.
    It looks like a beauty salon .. is she a stylist?

If not it could just be a pic showing a new haircut/color..

She's been missing since late June? I live in NC and haven't seen a thing on it yet.

Quote Originally Posted by pamlet View Post
    It looks like a beauty salon .. is she a stylist?

If not it could just be a pic showing a new haircut/color..
    I do find it possible she was just showing off a new hair cut.
    What made me think about something else was that she is described in one of the articles above as often changing her hair color from black to brown and then I saw the wigs in the picture. I find that setting not really professional looking at all to be a beauty salon, but maybe I'm just to spoiled. It's also possible someone has a beauty corner home and that's what we see.
    Anyway it is only a question occupying my mind.

Hopefully she is safe somewhere trying to find herself and will come back soon when she figured everything out. I'm worried about that she is in need of medication. Those cases mostly are not ending well.

It's also very strange that according to reports in her SMS at 6.55 she said she was out with friends but we heard from no one saying: yes she was with us here and there and we parted at X place at Y hours. Although, no one is obligated to speak to the media, if LE has the info that's good enough. Maybe at the time she was last seen (6.30) she went with one of her friends home and there something happened to her. LE also never said she was alone when she was last seen.

It looks like a Beauty School setting to me. The heads/wigs are used to practice on. A woman can get her hair done a lot cheaper by going to a beauty school.
    "Be the kind of woman, that when your feet hit the floor each morning, the Devil says "Oh crap. She's up."

Her tattoos suggest a lifestyle to me. One that might involve secrecy. Perhaps she left voluntarily to begin a new, immersive, lifestyle?

Just thinking out loud, but I'd want to explore that angle a little. Maybe that is why LE don't suspect foul play?

So hard to tell. Or maybe something went wrong, something got taken too far, an accident and a cover up?

Thinking out loud: I am a few years older than her- but my husband would not be a happy camper if I "went out with friends" and called at 6:55 am the next morning...She is 42 & married, not 22 and single.

Her husband thinks she met with foul play, according to his FB post on 9/30.

I'd really like to know about the kind of medication Amy had been taking.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragamuffin View Post
    Her tattoos suggest a lifestyle to me. One that might involve secrecy. Perhaps she left voluntarily to begin a new, immersive, lifestyle?

Just thinking out loud, but I'd want to explore that angle a little. Maybe that is why LE don't suspect foul play?
    I've had the same thoughts.

Even though her family states she wouldn't just disappear and not contact them, I think we all have heard that statement way too many times on here...and the MPs had disappeared voluntarily as we found out in the end.

It's been almost 4 months already. I'm wondering if she might have been battling any addictions in the past, maybe she got caught up in that lifestyle again. We know nothing about her state of mind and what kind of medication she had been taking. Kind of a strange case, I don't know.

Her husband states on FB that they are not getting any help from LE.

I hope Amy is somewhere safe & sound and will return to her loved ones soon.

There's two FB pages:

https://www.facebook.com/HelpFindAmyWellsBridgeman (as listed by Carl)

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Missi...18956538149739 - seems to have family commenting on it.

Both pages have had activity in the last 48 hours
    Justice for Jennifer

Rest in peace Danielle and Tammy

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast