GUILTY NY - Driver pulled from SUV, viciously beaten by bikers, Manhattan, 29 Sept 2013

Softail

Reaction score
Video: Driver beaten by motorcycle gang after highway incident

Chris FrancescaniReuters
12:05 a.m. CDT, October 1, 2013

NEW YORK (Reuters) - A gang of motorcyclists on Sunday chased a New York man driving his wife and baby along a Manhattan highway before dragging the man from his vehicle and beating him, a police source said on Monday.

The chase and subsequent attack were captured by a video camera attached to the helmet of one of the motorcyclists and posted online on Monday.

Video at link:

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/sns-rt-us-usa-newyork-motorcycle-20130930,0,6277795.story

Did the SUV driver hit a biker and then flee the scene of the accident? Why the driver thought he could outrun crotch rockets is truly a mystery.

The fact they felt safe physically attacking a family in an SUV and pulling the driver out to beat him is not a mystery at all considering the state.

Yes, he did. But in the video at about :26 sec in, the bikers were slowing down in front of him! Not much he could do. In this case, I don't blame him for not stopping.

What I don't get is why the family did not call police while this was happening? :waitasec: Or did they?

These punks were out looking for trouble. On the Today Show they were saying that there were multiple complaints about them over the weekend.
I hope they are caught!

On the today link. LE said they had over 200 calls and complaints just over all the bikes that were in town. They did mention the SUV driver called 911 before the biker slowed down in front of him. Looks like they were being surrounded by bikes.

It looks really scary to me. They had tires slashed, that's why they stopped. Which made them slow down. I think it was the second time they stopped, the biker tried to open the door and the SUV took off again.

I can see following, and waiting for LE. Not go crazy.

I am glad the family is ok. I wonder how the door got unlocked. In my suv my doors lock while I roll. And only unlock when I open it. I wonder if he decided to get out because with them smashing windows it might of hurt his child.

Did the SUV driver hit a biker and then flee the scene of the accident? Why the driver thought he could outrun crotch rockets is truly a mystery.

The fact they felt safe physically attacking a family in an SUV and pulling the driver out to beat him is not a mystery at all considering the state.

Biker got in front of him. If he tried to flee, I presume it's because he was cared for his life being surrounded by all these bikers.

I would have done the same thing to protect my family. This mob was completely out of control. IMO, it's so blatantly obvious from the video what happened, but yet there is a FB support group for the rider that was clearly stopped in front of the vehicle on the highway, trying to prevent his escape.

There was a baby in the vehicle and they had complete disregard for the child when they were beating on the back window.

Why would a group of people think that they can block off exits and take over a highway and terrorize motorists? This was a disaster that they created. This man was put in a situation where he had no choice to do what he did. There is no telling what they would have done to him and his family had he not fled the scene. They were clearly behaving erratically, enough for anyone to feel that their life was in danger.

What a bunch of maniacs.

Somebody posted a bunch of videos of the group riding. The last two videos at the link show them running signs/lights, riding into oncoming traffic, weaving in and out of traffic and riding up on the sidewalks where pedestrians are walking.

This is sickening and all I could think about was a child or someone else getting killed by their actions.

LiveLeak.com - More footage previous to Range Rover incident

eta: I don't know why the link posted like it did, but if you click on the top it will take you to the page where you can scroll down and watch the last two videos.

All I could think of while watching those videos was "what a bunch of a$$holes".

http://news.yahoo.com/wife-biker-husband-victim-nyc-altercation-063414964.html

I feel bad for the man run over. I do really hope he can recover....

I hope some bikers step up and tell what happen before the SUV took off.

In the link I posted. "The biker then cuts in front of the Range Rover and, still staring at the driver, suddenly slows down. It isn't captured on the video, but the motorcycle and SUV bumped, police said."

Seems like there must of been some type of action before this took place.

Two motorcyclists in custody after high-speed NY chase, beating

NEW YORK (Reuters) - Two motorcyclists were in police custody on Tuesday in connection with a high-speed chase along a Manhattan highway that ended when a motorcycle gang dragged a New York man from his vehicle and beat him while his wife and baby looked on, police said.

Christopher Cruz, 28, of Passaic, New Jersey, was charged with reckless endangerment, reckless driving, menacing and endangering the welfare of a child, said Sergeant Lee Jones of the New York City Police Department.

A second motorcycle rider surrendered himself to a Queens police precinct later on Tuesday, telling authorities he was the rider who could be seen on the video slamming his hands into the SUV as a fellow rider smashed the driver's side window open with his helmet, said NYPD Detective Kelly Ort.

Video at link:
http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/sns-rt-us-usa-newyork-motorcycle-20130930,0,6277795.story

http://news.yahoo.com/wife-biker-husband-victim-nyc-altercation-063414964.html

I feel bad for the man run over. I do really hope he can recover....

I hope some bikers step up and tell what happen before the SUV took off.

In the link I posted. "The biker then cuts in front of the Range Rover and, still staring at the driver, suddenly slows down. It isn't captured on the video, but the motorcycle and SUV bumped, police said."

Seems like there must of been some type of action before this took place.

I don't, not one bit! :snooty: These morons were out looking for trouble. It is on video, upthread is the entire video. The one bike pulled in front of the SUV and slowed down. What was the driver to do, when he was surrounded? :waitasec:

In the video I just posted above, he will be paralyzed. I guess that is what happens when you act like an *advertiser censored*. He was part of it. Zero Sympathy from me.

I think bikers with an agenda need to take warning - people WILL defend themselves.

My opinion only

I don't, not one bit! :snooty: These morons were out looking for trouble. It is on video upthread is the entire video. The one bike pulled in front of the SUV and slowed down. What was the driver to do, when he was surrounded? :waitasec:

I the video I just posted above, he will be paralyzed. I guess that is what happens when you act like an *advertiser censored*. He was part of it. Zero Sympathy from me.

AMEN, I totally agree

I think bikers with an agenda need to take warning - people WILL defend themselves.

My opinion only

For me, these fools aren't "bikers". Whenever I see someone on a crotch rocket, they are more often than not acting like asses. Weaving in and out of traffic, trying to be show-offs. Simply moronic idiots.

True bikers respect the law, respect other vehicles on the road, and most of all respect themselves. I've been to dozens of rallies, and have never seen this kind of jackassery going on. It makes true "bikers" look bad. :sigh:

For me, these fools aren't "bikers". Whenever I see someone on a crotch rocket, they are more often than not acting like asses. Weaving in and out of traffic, trying to be show-offs. Simply moronic idiots.

True bikers respect the law, respect other vehicles on the road, and most of all respect themselves. I've been to dozens of rallies, and have never seen this kind of jackassery going on. It makes true "bikers" look bad. :sigh:

Point well taken, sorry if I offended. However, how does one differntiate? I have often been in a group of bikers while drinving along major highways, they were annoying, weaving in and out, but not threatening. How would I, or anyone else, know the difference? When they stop in front of us?

I'm not trying to be argumentative, just more curious than anything. If I was surrounded in a threatening way, I would weave, side to side, and take out as many as I could. Maybe "bikers" need to brush up, clean up, or give some sign they are friendly?

I don't hate bike riders, have done that myself, have friends who have, but the world is becoming a frightening place for many of us. Do you have any ideas on reconciation after this? I believe great harm has been done to "bikers", as you put it, and that is probably a shame. How can we come together and differentiate?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back