Age Now: 56
Sex: Female
Weight: 120lbs (54kg)
Hair: Brown
Missing From:
WILLMAR
MN
United States
Janet was last seen on January 1, 1971, and has not been seen since. She may wear glasses.

http://www.missingkids.com/missingk...seNum=1222039&orgPrefix=NCMC&searchLang=en_US

Just an update... Ambercat suggested Janet as a possible for Arroyo Grande Jane Doe. I have submitted this possible to Clark County NV Coroner's Office. They are following up with the MN detective to obtain the DNA comparison. DNA was obtained from Janet's mother and sister.
Janet's sister sought out LE help to locate her sister, just recently. This is when MN LE realized that Janet Kramer had never been entered into any database before.
258UFNV1.jpg
kramer_janet.jpg

Looking closely at Janet's photo, you will see an abrasion on her right cheek and a swollen and bloodied left eye. Her nose may also be swollen, as it has a puffy appearance.

Just an update... Ambercat suggested Janet as a possible for Arroyo Grande Jane Doe. I have submitted this possible to Clark County NV Coroner's Office. They are following up with the MN detective to obtain the DNA comparison. DNA was obtained from Janet's mother and sister.
Janet's sister sought out LE help to locate her sister, just recently. This is when MN LE realized that Janet Kramer had never been entered into any database before.
258UFNV1.jpg
kramer_janet.jpg

Looking closely at Janet's photo, you will see an abrasion on her right cheek and a swollen and bloodied left eye. Her nose may also be swollen, as it has a puffy appearance.

Good possibility, only thing that bothers me is that Janet Kramer went missing in 1971 and would have been 23 when Arroyo Grande Jane Doe was found.

DNA was obtained from Janet's mother and sister. Janet's sister sought out LE help to locate her sister, just recently. This is when MN LE realized that Janet Kramer had never been entered into any database before.

I am glad to see they are working on this one.

Is there any dental information on Janet? I see it's not in Namus but I am curious if it is anywhere else.

I received an e-mail from the investigator in Clark County. DNA from both Janet's sister and mother have been obtained and samples are being manually compared to Arroya Grande Jane Doe (Clark County, NV) at UNT/CODIS. This process will take anywhere from 2 weeks to 2 months.
I will update as soon as I hear back from LE.

I wonder if she went missing actually on January 1, or whether she went missing at an undisclosed/unknown date in 1971. I know that if the exact date is unknown, January 1st is the date listed as the default.

Janet Kramer of Willmar still missing after 45 years

http://www.willmarradio.com/news/janet-kramer-of-willmar-still-missing-after-years/article_c4d2c96c-ad61-11e5-9f59-4f0332440d6a.html

The National Center for Missing and Exploited Children has issued a reminder of a sad anniversary coming up Friday. On New Year's Day it will be 45 years since a Willmar teen was last seen. Janet Kramer would be 58-years-old now, but she was only 13 when she disappeared on New Year's Day 1971. Kramer was living in a Willmar group home when she left to visit her family and has not been seen since.

Is she really still missing? Is there a way to confirm this? I only ask because there are some Janet Kramers on social media that could possibly be her, there was also a car purchase in Hermantown,MN made by a Janet Kramer (it was a 2008 but doesn't list the year of the purchase). There's also a police report from 2007 in FL which could be the same age, all the same middle names or no middle name but a resemblance. Is it possible she's been located and NamUs isn't updated? Just curious. I know Kramer a relatively common name, but check around outside of the missing person cases and you'll see what I mean.

One is located 20 mins from where Janet Kramer was born. I'm thinking they've found each other already maybe.

Is she really still missing? Is there a way to confirm this? I only ask because there are some Janet Kramers on social media that could possibly be her, there was also a car purchase in Hermantown,MN made by a Janet Kramer (it was a 2008 but doesn't list the year of the purchase). There's also a police report from 2007 in FL which could be the same age, all the same middle names or no middle name but a resemblance. Is it possible she's been located and NamUs isn't updated? Just curious. I know Kramer a relatively common name, but check around outside of the missing person cases and you'll see what I mean.

Not too sure she would still be in the database up if she was found considering the time-frame, although it is possible. There's a few cases I know of myself. Doing a simple facebook check, the "missing" person's facebook account, has been active days or months after they were reported missing. All occurred late-2017 'till recently. Majority of the cases were of teenagers who had ran away from home or stayed with a partner.

While it's a great resource, NamUS doesn't update their cases as frequently as NCMEC. I estimate about 60% of teenagers listed on NamUs within the past year have already been found, the database just hasn't updated their case for whatever reason; Perhaps they must be in the immediate physical area of their parents for them to be considered "found"?

If you feel like you've came across Janet, please let them know, don't let her being listed discourage you from helping.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back