A Long Island man was arraigned yesterday on charges he violated a restraining order against his estranged wife for the seventh time and was finally held without bail to prevent him from tormenting the terrified woman and their three children.

Amy Zollo, 37, said she has been living "a nightmare" of death threats, beatings, spousal rape, phone bugging and harassment since deciding to divorce Pasquale Zollo last year after 15 years of marriage.

The judge let the 42-year-old Brooklyn fish-store owner go free each of the six previous times he'd been arrested for violating the protection order.

The stalking and threats would get worse, Amy said tearfully outside a Hempstead courtroom yesterday while waiting for him to be arraigned on his latest arrest Monday.

"He's been following me, my phone has been tapped," said Zollo, who has two boys, ages 12 and 15, and a 9-year-old daughter with her husband. "He has told me, 'If I can't have you, no one can.' I tried to leave him numerous times and the beatings got worse . . . he told me he would kill me."

In a court-filed affidavit, the Nassau County woman said that Pasquale last May punched her and knocked her down a staircase before saying, "I have 10 bullets and the second to last one is for you. You will watch every one of your family members die first, and the last will be for myself."