745 users online (97 members and 648 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6
    Really not a whole lot of new information, but still somewhat interesting.

I am not entirely buying the argument that legalizing prostitution would prevent something like this. I think that whether legal or not, prostitution would still be just as dangerous for women like the LISK women who worked independently.

BTW, in Amsterdam where it is legal, they still have a major problem with trafficking. Most women working the red light district there have been trafficked from other countries. I am little sick of this argument that legalization will somehow make prostitution magically safe and fair to women. It won't.

In a woman-hating culture, prostitution will never be safe.

Quote Originally Posted by Aleph View Post
    In a woman-hating culture, prostitution will never be safe.
    Yup. It is just a ridiculous fantasy that legal prostitution makes is safe. There are very few "normal" women who choose prostitution as a career. It is the vocation of the addicted and despondent. It is for women who are poor and desperate (MBB is the classic case). I lived in Germany for years (where prostitution is legal), and most of the prostitutes there are trafficked from Eastern Europe. Legal prostitution is still a crime against women. I do not care what people say: there are very few women who are freely and independently working as prostitutes in places where it is legal.

Would legalized prostitution have saved any of the LISK women? I don't think so. I cannot think of a way that it would have. These women where very openly working as prostitutes. The reason they were targeted by LISK was not because they were prostitutes; it is because they were women who were willing to get into a car with a stranger in the middle of the night. Making that activity legal will not change the fact that serial killers target prostitutes because "normal" women will not get into a car with a man they do not know.

Like when I lived in Germany I lived next to Tiergarten in Berlin, a very large city park. At night, prostitutes would stand on the street there. I sometimes would walk by them and see them getting into cars with men. It was legal for them to do so, but anything could have happened to those women. There were no cops out there writing down the plate number or anything. Those women were still totally on their own and were still taking a really big risk. They would not be prosecuted for hooking, but that was pretty much their only protection. As far as I could tell, when it came to getting raped, murdered, beaten, etc, those women were in no better position that a prostitute in NYC. They had better recourse after the fact, but they were still in a very high risk profession.

It also suggests that he considers Gilgo Beach to be a safe distance away from wherever his home base is. That makes me wonder about Hauppage.
    I saw the GMA interview with Lynn Barthelemy. It makes me think The Bx is a safe distance from Gigo Beach.

Quote Originally Posted by deedee21 View Post
    I saw the GMA interview with Lynn Barthelemy. It makes me think The Bx is a safe distance from Gigo Beach.
    Might be worth to put on those biohazard gloves and dig thru the filthy std ridden freakshow that is utopiaguide for posts by johns who frequent that area of the BX

What is The BX?

What is The BX?
    The boogie down bronx

<modsnip> He set a domino effect into place that scared SG which ultimately lead to her death. We have heard many times that Brewer did not know why SG called 911. Thats a lie. I listened to the interview RK had with Trish on Blog talk radio. He said he asked Brewer "why did Shannan call 911"? To paraphrase he responded by saying he knows why and maybe he will tell him about it another time. And then he chuckled. This can be heard about 65 minutes into the interview. As it turns out he has said this to other reporters also. What follows is a DT contacting a newspaper to say SG was not in a panic when she called 911. And then Varrone states SG is not the victim of the LISK. Did he stop short of saying shes the victim of a different killer? In my opinion the answer is yes.
    Last edited by bessie; 09-13-2015 at 09:56 AM. Reason: name calling

Brewer certainly comes across as the strangest and least sympathetic character in Kolker's book (and that includes the Dr, even). In the book he sounds like he's trying to work some angle that will make him money- whether or not he actually knows what happened that night, he drops hints that for the right price he'll be willing to tell his tale. Super unsavory, and as presented in Lost Girls, definitely edging toward sociopathic (imo).

Has anyone on this thread ever heard that the toxicology reports on SGcame back completely negative for any illegal drugs?

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by LoyalSleuth View Post
    Has anyone on this thread ever heard that the toxicology reports on SGcame back completely negative for any illegal drugs
    Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk
    I thought they only tested for cocaine, nothing else? According to " Lost Girls".
    Just my opinion, of course.

I read Lost Girls. So JS is Flukeyou. What an imagination. Or simply vindictive. Overzealous opportunist. Some have wondered why he was no longer on the board. I thought for reasons of liability. I did not consider he might have been preparing for a deposition. I would not trust his testimony as far as you can throw him into a marsh.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6