850 users online (136 members and 714 guests)  

Websleuths News

Author Tom Clancy has passed away....

Author Tom Clancy has died at the age 0f 66, sources with his publisher and family tell CNN.

Clancy's first international military and espionage thriller was "The Hunt for Red October," published in 1984. Other best-sellers included "Red Storm Rising," "Patriot Games" and "Rainbow Six."

www.cnn.com

Rest in peace, Mr. Clancy

I just read that....holy carp...

wonder what happened...

rip...

I was never his reader but my sympathies to the millions who were. It's not an exaggeration to say that a mighty voice has been stilled. Just as a great title to a novel, 'The Hunt for Red October' is a hard one to beat (in terms of the subject-matter about which Clancy wrote, the only one better that I can think of is G.K. Chesterton's 'The Man Who Was Thursday'), and naming a novel ('Patriot Games') after an Irish ballad by Dominic Behan ('The Patriot Game') is also top-drawer stuff, to me.

Rest in peace Tom Clancy.

So young

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Nosy by Nature and a Websleuther by choice

Wow so very young; what on earth happened?
    Dont Be A Sheep

A tragic loss when the best leave us.
    Very sad indeed.
    RIP Tom Clancy.

Imitation is said to be the sincerest form of flattery but parody is even better because those who are parodied immediately know one thing: they have been successful at what they do.

What better way to celebrate his life than to publish the CIA's very own tribute to him?
    Read the CIA's Parody Version of Tom Clancy's Most Famous Book. (Gawker)

I couldn't get through many of his books, but the ones that I could - just wow. Hunt, Patriot, Sum, all of those.

RIP, Tom...you brought joy and respect to many, many millions who served our country in the military whose actions all rely on but are never noticed.

Go spin a yarn for God, all right?

Best-
    Herding Cats
    When you find yourself in the position to help somebody, do not feel burdened. Rather, feel happy and blessed because God is answering that person's prayer through you. In that moment, you are God's Angel - His door to reach through and bring light to someone who is struggling in the darkness.

Be God's Light. Be God's love. Be an answered prayer. Be God's Door.

Rest in peace, good sir. Such a tragedy, the world has certainly lost some of its brightness at your passing.
    Hope is the thing with feathers that perches in the soul - and sings the tunes without the words - and never stops at all.
    Emily Dickinson