1433 users online (301 members and 1132 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Meet Nellie Wade, the Oldest Licensed Practicing Nurse in Florida

http://www.wjhg.com/news/newschannel...225038022.html

WEWAHITCHKA- To some, she's known as the "Treasure of Wewahitchka." Nellie Wade celebrated her 90th birthday this weekend. To live 90 years is noteworthy enough, but it's how Ms. Nellie spends her days that has so many in awe.

From the outside, Dr. Michael Barnes' office looks like any other. But it's who you find inside that truly sets it apart. "Oh Ms. Nellie is a legend," said the office receptionist. "I think everyone in Wewa knows her and loves her," said patient Betty Hughes.

She is fast on her feet and frankly, hard to keep up with. Nurse Nellie Wade is 90 years young. "I looked it up on the internet," said Dr. Barnes, "the oldest nurse other than Ms. Nellie who has an active license is 81." She is the oldest practicing nurse in Florida by 9 years.......more........

She doesn't look 90 to me!

"The further we (as the human race) grow away from the natural world, the quieter the natural world becomes and the more pathological we become as a culture."........Bernie Krause

The citizens of the United States of America have a right to applaud themselves for having given to mankind examples of an enlarged and liberal policy—a policy worthy of imitation......which gives to bigotry no sanction, to persecution no assistance.......George Washington

No she sure doesn't look 90 years old! Boy was she GORGEOUS when she was young! I mean she could have been a starlet (but I'm glad she wasn't). Sounds like she loves her life!